/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what did the mujahideen during the prophets time wear?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Im curious as to what the mujahideen during the time of the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam wore whilst fighting jihaad. Im mainly curious about the lower garment because if its like a thowb then didnt that restrict mobility and reduce fighting potential?

or a long cloth tied up around the legs or something like that?

anyone have any idea?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
:sl:

What is known today as the Shalwar kameez or its equivelent [i.e two slitz at the side to make movements for the legs easier] since the thowb will not let a person run fast nor ride horses easily.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
jazakALlah khair !!

- IqRa -
11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
This is seen in films as well? E.g. The Last Prophet (Cartoon) and The Message.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
While we may not be able to get an exact description perhaps we can get an idea from a strange source such as paintings done during the Crusades by various artist drawings of famous battles.

This is quite typical of what the European artists of the Era drew

While these would be several hundred years after the time of our Prophet(PBUH)
I doubt if the clothing would have deffered from what worn at the time of the Prophet(PBUH)

The clothing does seem to resemble a throb.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
^ it resembles more of a tunic?

Woodrow
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ it resembles more of a tunic?
My error. I am bad about keeping the names straight as to which is which.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.