/* */

PDA

View Full Version : gift for mum

Ummu Sufyaan
11-12-2009, 09:58 AM
:sl:
my mum's gone away for a few days and i want to get her something for when she returns, inshallah....other then the usual flowers, chocolates etc etc, what can i get her...?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
11-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Jewlery ....
What do you think

Ummu Sufyaan
11-12-2009, 10:46 AM
^no...:hiding:

Fטлку
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
:ooh: why not chocolates and Jewelry? you know a personalized bracelet or something :X
how about perfume then? :X or a spa trip? or just some quality time..? just the two of you? :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
11-12-2009, 10:58 AM

If I was a mom I would honestly be very happy if my child took maybe 5-10 mins out and said: Mom I want you to know how much you mean to me and how I look up to you...and then make a list, I think I would cry mommy tears then.

Also I would like some kinda of cool gadget too, it should be modern lol

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-12-2009, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

If I was a mom I would honestly be very happy if my child took maybe 5-10 mins out and said: Mom I want you to know how much you mean to me and how I look up to you...and then make a list, I think I would cry mommy tears then.

;Dgud idea!

what abt making her something special (u knw her likes) n just do the ^above^

Ummu Sufyaan
11-12-2009, 11:08 AM
why not chocolates and Jewelry? you know a personalized bracelet or something how about perfume then?
i always get her things like that....its going stale :p

i was thinking that as well...i dont really know what though? any ideas?

Fטлку
11-12-2009, 11:10 AM
^ Laptop?!! :D

Khaldun
11-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Actually I wasnt talking like your mother anymore I was talking about myself, I would like an Iphone.

But seriously though, do women like gadgets? Plus she is not young, maybe she will have more difficulties understanding how it works then anything else? I like the spending time alone with her idea, maybe a spa or a weekend out anywhere.

~TwinklingStar~
11-12-2009, 11:19 AM
^ yeah, a cool gadget...something that could be useful in the kitchen. Or a beautiful jilbaab. Or get her an annual subscription to her favourite magazine. The list is endless .

But also promise to do something personal to lighten her load - like taking care of some of her chores everyday for a month ..iit will make her feel more loved, more cared for & more valuable than any "thing" possibly could.

BintAbee
11-12-2009, 11:52 AM
yeh, i agree with twinkling star, maybe a dinner set or do the cooking and cleaning for at least one day for her.

happy
11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
You know your mum more than us so maybe something she is interest or some benefical books or CD.

Fטлку
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I say get her chocolates! I'm getting a friend of mine a box of 'em for her b'day :p

Soulja Girl
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM

Breakfast in bed :p

:wa:

Supreme
11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
A nice, soppy DVD, something that'll make her cry. I speak from experience.

Hayaa
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Maybe a vegetable chopper. I know my mom would love it :p :D

mammyluty
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
make her a nice breakfast but her a nice jalbab n bring someone to do heena on her hands arrange for a nice spa treatment n later at nyt take her out to dinner.

umm junaid
11-12-2009, 08:26 PM

looool u sound like a girl,;D

Rabi'ya
11-12-2009, 08:29 PM

I think the best gift a chidl can give their mother is time and love. Why not cook a meal for her? and bake a cake. it wont cost you a lot and it will mean sooooo much to ur mum :) I've got some recipes if u wanna try them :)

Hayaa
11-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree with Sis Rabi'ya. You could even get her some nice Islamic lit if she likes to read. :)

Asiyah3
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM

I have to say that I would be too embarrased to be able to do this to my mom :embarrass:phew:embarrass

OurIslamic
11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
In my opinion, mothers would rather have something made by the hands of hteir children than something bought in a store (as a present).

Draw a painting, write something, make her a tea cup that she will remember you by when she drinks tea in the morning, etc.

Mashallah, it is very good to hear that you are so loving and caring towards your mom :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-13-2009, 04:35 AM
nice ideas :thumbs_up...

But seriously though, do women like gadgets? Plus she is not young, maybe she will have more difficulties understanding how it works then anything else? I like the spending time alone with her idea, maybe a spa or a weekend out anywhere.
i honesty dont think she'd mind tbh. as long as she it taught how to use it, and has a beneficial purpose to it, it shouldn't be a problem, inshallah....
akhee, since she's learning and into tajweed i was thinking a CD/DVD set of that nature and since you're at the uni of madeenah :embarrass can you recommend me anything like that where i can buy it/but it online?

it'll be a huge help, and she'll love it...

mammyluty
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I think the best gift a chidl can give their mother is time and love. Why not cook a meal for her? and bake a cake. it wont cost you a lot and it will mean sooooo much to ur mum :) I've got some recipes if u wanna try them :)
salam sister do u mind passing to me the cake recipes my mum n my siblings r coming to my house end of the month il b gratefull if i bake them lots of diffrent cakes n they ll b delighted.hop u dont mind..Allah will reward u inshallah.

Nájlá
11-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Me and my sisters got my mum an ipod once and download the full quran by sheikh Maahir and she was really happy. She sits there listening to it all the time :D

wildkat
11-13-2009, 06:48 PM
A new toaster? Thats what I'm getting my mum anyways for eid :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.