/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you return back extra $1 to shopkeeper?

ahmed_indian
11-12-2009, 11:55 AM
:sl:,

sometimes, the shopkeeper gives us extra change. i think its a golden opportunity to earn Allah's reward by returning it back.

we can pray: "O Allah, i am returning it back just for Your sake, so bless me in both the worlds."

its not about a mere $1, its about taqwa of Allah. didn't Allah forgive a prostitute only bcoz she gave drink to a dog.? no good deed is small.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah, you are right. Taqwah should always be present in every deed of our life, I understand.

Khaldun
11-12-2009, 01:00 PM
:sl:

There is a nice story concerning this I do not know if it is true or not but it has a good moral and since it is not a hadith etc there is inshAllah no harm in telling it.

It is about an Imaam who had moved to a new city he had got a job there as the Imaam of a new masjid. One day he boarded a bus and was travelling through the city. He paid the driver who appeared to be a muslim, and took his change and ticket and found a seat. When the Imaam quickly counted the money he had recieved back he suddenly realised that he had got a penny or so more then he should have. He sat in his seat and thought to himself shall I go and return the money it is the right thing to do, but at the same time Shaytaan whispered to him, it is only a penny it will not make a big difference, do you really think this big bus company will notice that you took a penny from them? Plus its the drivers fault not yours. But then the Imaam realised even if the busdriver nor the company would notice Allah the Most High above the seven heavens would surely notice!

So when it was time for his stop he went by the driver and returned the money and said I think you gave me the wrong change by mistake, the driver smiled at him and said no shaykh I did not, I have heared much about you and that you are our new local Imaam and I wanted to see if you really were a man of God or not.

Kas1m
11-12-2009, 01:30 PM
the state of these uk people is this...if they give you a bit extra unknowingly then when you return them to it they look at you with big eyes, stare a while then say, wow you are honest.
Im like well duh cuz u people arent

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
11-12-2009, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

There is a nice story concerning this I do not know if it is true or not but it has a good moral and since it is not a hadith etc there is inshAllah no harm in telling it.

It is about an Imaam who had moved to a new city he had got a job there as the Imaam of a new masjid. One day he boarded a bus and was travelling through the city. He paid the driver who appeared to be a muslim, and took his change and ticket and found a seat. When the Imaam quickly counted the money he had recieved back he suddenly realised that he had got a penny or so more then he should have. He sat in his seat and thought to himself shall I go and return the money it is the right thing to do, but at the same time Shaytaan whispered to him, it is only a penny it will not make a big difference, do you really think this big bus company will notice that you took a penny from them? Plus its the drivers fault not yours. But then the Imaam realised even if the busdriver nor the company would notice Allah the Most High above the seven heavens would surely notice!

So when it was time for his stop he went by the driver and returned the money and said I think you gave me the wrong change by mistake, the driver smiled at him and said no shaykh I did not, I have heared much about you and that you are our new local Imaam and I wanted to see if you really were a man of God or not.
SubhanAllah...

ajnabee
11-12-2009, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
the state of these uk people is this...if they give you a bit extra unknowingly then when you return them to it they look at you with big eyes, stare a while then say, wow you are honest.
Im like well duh cuz u people arent
lol kasim u are sooo right! people are sooo shocked if u point out to them they've under-charged u or given u too much change!

edit: ooooh exciting news, this is my 100th post! :D took me a whole year! lol :embarrass

Asiyah3
11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
As-salaamu aleykum

I would give it back if I were to know that I've been given extra, Insha'lLah

But for example if that happened in a bus, then I wouldn't trust my own knowledge and would think that maybe now the ticket pays less/ or maybe the taxes have gotten less etc.
But like I said if I knew, then I would give it back, Insha'llah

May Allah guide the Ummah to do what pleases Him

Kas1m
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ajnabee
lol kasim u are sooo right! people are sooo shocked if u point out to them they've under-charged u or given u too much change!

edit: ooooh exciting news, this is my 100th post! :D took me a whole year! lol :embarrass
Yes so true. If that happen to them they just walk away..ive still to meet an honest person yet. Completly honest

Hayaa
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM

Coming across such honest people is extremely inspirational- shows that honest and down-to-earth people still exist in this corrupt world. Once, my brother had a check, which accidentally flew out of his car while he was driving. He called us up to see if it was around the house. Just 15 min later, this man shows up at our door with the check. Our address was on it and he actually took the time out to find our place and return it when he could have easily pocketed it. I was stunned and made duaa for him that he should be guided to Islaam. SubhanAllaah

OurIslamic
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Ofcourse I return the proper amount back! It's the right thing to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.