/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Gain Weight

CuteStuff
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Any quick ways of knowing how to gain weight? Any certain products to eat?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
pizza, burgers, chips, crisps, chocolate, sweets, samosa, pakoras etc.
I could go on.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-12-2009, 04:05 PM
its not necessary to gain weight to be honest
if you want to become more healthy/fit just eat and then workout.

Assalamu Alaikum

ardianto
11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
pizza, burgers, chips, crisps, chocolate, sweets, samosa, pakoras etc.
I could go on.
High calories foods. But not good for health.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mariyyah
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Sister,

Gaining weight is not healthy , Dont be complexity with your look and be happy what ALLAH SWT gave you , People worldwide they are attending TV programmes and sports clubs and diet programmes to lose weight and you you after gaining weight SUBHANAALLAH , I dont know why i feel you that you under force to gain weight may be from husband or friends or family because some stupid people can make people sick of how they are looking like but dont listen to them your health comes first after ALLAH SWT

What is gaining weight is only blood and meat and water so what is this ? I dont want to go further as we are on an islamic forum and i respect people here brothers and sisters

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuteStuff
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, make sure to have 3 set meals a day and never miss breakfast.

Have at least 2 tablespoons of honey a day or sweeten porridge with a little honey.

Try and have more protein like fish and lean chicken and have red meat once or twice a week.

Have carbs like potato's brown rice, brown wholegrain bread,barley bread and wholegrain pasta as these are very good for you, but try and avoid saturated fats because they are not good for anyone no matter how much weight one is rather have unsaturated fats like olive oil.

Always have a good salad with your lunch or dinner like tomatos which are really good for you aswell as cucumber and lettuce.

Have vinegar like apple vinegar which is really good for you and the Prophet (Pbuh) loved it too.

Avoid fried food and butter as it will clog up your arterys even if you are skinny because ou would then store internal fat which will deposit into your arterys increasing the chances of heart disease especially later on in life.

Also have avacado's and bananas for a snack or tropical fruits like mango, papaya etc.

Have plenty of fresh fruit and vegtables like butternut squash,green vegtables as well as carrots which are really good. The more vegtables the better. Have as bigger variety as possible.

Avoid too many processed foods. The fresher the better.

Have semi skimmed milk aswell as live yoghurt which has good bacteria in it.
Also a good berry smoothy is always good and packed with nutrition.

Have a small handful of nuts everyday like brazil nuts, walnuts,almonds aswell as dried fruits like fig,apricots and dates.

Avoid too much sugar because they will not beneit you in anyway rather have detrimental affects. Read labels before you buy especially to see sugar and saturated fat content.

Have between 6 to 8 glasses of water a day

Just have 3 balanced meals and you will strengthen your immune system. But but avoid over eating and do as the Prophet (Pbuh) advised us which is to fill one third of ones stomach for this is the best thing for us.

If you stick to this you will be healthy in the long run inshallah and als don;t forget to say 'Bismillah' before you eat and 'alhamdolillah' after you finished.

CuteStuff
11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariyyah
Sister,

Gaining weight is not healthy , Dont be complexity with your look and be happy what ALLAH SWT gave you , People worldwide they are attending TV programmes and sports clubs and diet programmes to lose weight and you you after gaining weight SUBHANAALLAH , I dont know why i feel you that you under force to gain weight may be from husband or friends or family because some stupid people can make people sick of how they are looking like but dont listen to them your health comes first after ALLAH SWT

What is gaining weight is only blood and meat and water so what is this ? I dont want to go further as we are on an islamic forum and i respect people here brothers and sisters
Look i appreciate your comment - but i didnt want to bring religion into it OK sumtimes i dont even want to right here asking for advice as you just throw religion back in my face. I am very slim on the verge of anorexia - and i feel tired and sleep too much also. Just asked on how to put on weight GOSH why do i bother. Its ok for fat people wanting to lose weight but not for skinny people to gain it?? Anyways...

Thank you for the other comments.

Hamza Brother i will reply to your msg when i have enough posts.

mariyyah
11-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Look i appreciate your comment - but i didnt want to bring religion into it OK sumtimes i dont even want to right here asking for advice as you just throw religion back in my face. I am very slim on the verge of anorexia - and i feel tired and sleep too much also. Just asked on how to put on weight GOSH why do i bother. Its ok for fat people wanting to lose weight but not for skinny people to gain it?? Anyways...

Sister why you are so angry from me i didnt want to up set you because some people they are naturally slim and i didnt know that you suffer from anorexia INSHALLAH ALLAH SWT cure you soon but as i know to cure it they are two methods 1 with natural herbs and good diet and 2 with doctors there is medicine who can open the appetite and let you eat so much and gaining weight , In my country there are so much efficace herbs to make women gaining weight but i think you should force yourself with a good diet like eat so much wheat bread , potatoes , meat , chicken , vegetables cooked with oil and INSHALLAH you will be fine , I will do duaa for you

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister she did not mean it in that way i think when one is writing then it comes across different to how one was meant to come across. She did not mean what you think she did sister you took it the wrong way.
Hope our advice helped and please don't hold back in asking anything because how will we know if we don't ask? Jazakallah

mariyyah
11-12-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister she did not mean it in that way i think when one is writing then it comes across different to how one was meant to come across. She did not mean what you think she did sister you took it the wrong way.
Hope our advice helped and please don't hold back in asking anything because how will we know if we don't ask? Jazakallah
Brother hamza 81 Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan for your explanation

CuteStuff
11-12-2009, 07:02 PM
sorry, i just didnt want people bringing islam into my post - it was just a normal questions thats all.

and before anyone says anythin i do give a lot of money to people suffering that have no food in developing countries. i do my bit for the community :D

and dont apologise i guess i took it in the wrong way. sorry.

mariyyah
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
sorry, i just didnt want people bringing islam into my post - it was just a normal questions thats all.

and before anyone says anythin i do give a lot of money to people suffering that have no food in developing countries. i do my bit for the community :D

and dont apologise i guess i took it in the wrong way. sorry.
Sorry sister but i have to bring religion into your post again as in the islam you shouldnt say what you are giving to the poor people because it should be between you and ALLAH SWT to have more ajeer , and your left hand should not know what your right hand gave to the people even how much is not allowed

CuteStuff
11-12-2009, 09:30 PM
What about weight gainer? can you use that without actually working out?

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
What about weight gainer? can you use that without actually working out?
Trust me sis anything that is artificial and has that many chemicals in it can NEVER be good for anyone in the long run. It is always best to do things the natural way though it is harder and one has to make much more effort it will pay off in the long run and one would not be riskin their health. The same applies to diet pills.

The classic slogan applies here: "No pain No gain!"

CuteStuff
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I Guess so .. Thank You :D

mohammed_alim
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
protein shakes...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-13-2009, 05:48 AM
:sl:
you need to see ur doc. as far as i know, your weight should correspond with your age group as well as height. your doc can determine if you need to gain weight and the right types of food to eat. you have to be careful about being too skinny becuase your kidneys are supported and surrounding by fat and if you loose too much weight what will happen is that your kidneys will droop, resulting in them not functioning properly <---huge problem...so seriously, so see your doc...

ژاله
11-13-2009, 05:59 AM
if you want to put on a few pounds, i think you should eat rice and potatoes very frequently.
i was like you, i never gained weight no matter what i ate, but then i became too fond of rice, and now i think i should start worrying about how to lose weight or at least how not to gain anymore weight.
sorry if it didnt make any sense...
but i second umm's post, please go see your gp.:)
hope you become healthy:D

Danah
11-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Sis, maybe you have to tell us of your eating habits so we can see if there is something wrong with the food you eat or something wrong with your digesting system. Don't think that those fatty foods will gain you some pounds in a healthy way, you may get a lot of fat in your blood later even if you are skinny, I know someone skinny who has a high Cholesterol in her blood. One more thing, you said that you sleep a lot in one of your posts, some people lose pounds when they sleep more than the average hours, how many hours you sleep daily?

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, make sure to have 3 set meals a day and never miss breakfast.

Have at least 2 tablespoons of honey a day or sweeten porridge with a little honey.

Try and have more protein like fish and lean chicken and have red meat once or twice a week.

Have carbs like potato's brown rice, brown wholegrain bread,barley bread and wholegrain pasta as these are very good for you, but try and avoid saturated fats because they are not good for anyone no matter how much weight one is rather have unsaturated fats like olive oil.

Always have a good salad with your lunch or dinner like tomatos which are really good for you aswell as cucumber and lettuce.

Have vinegar like apple vinegar which is really good for you and the Prophet (Pbuh) loved it too.

Avoid fried food and butter as it will clog up your arterys even if you are skinny because ou would then store internal fat which will deposit into your arterys increasing the chances of heart disease especially later on in life.

Also have avacado's and bananas for a snack or tropical fruits like mango, papaya etc.

Have plenty of fresh fruit and vegtables like butternut squash,green vegtables as well as carrots which are really good. The more vegtables the better. Have as bigger variety as possible.

Avoid too many processed foods. The fresher the better.

Have semi skimmed milk aswell as live yoghurt which has good bacteria in it.
Also a good berry smoothy is always good and packed with nutrition.

Have a small handful of nuts everyday like brazil nuts, walnuts,almonds aswell as dried fruits like fig,apricots and dates.

Avoid too much sugar because they will not beneit you in anyway rather have detrimental affects. Read labels before you buy especially to see sugar and saturated fat content.

Have between 6 to 8 glasses of water a day

Just have 3 balanced meals and you will strengthen your immune system. But but avoid over eating and do as the Prophet (Pbuh) advised us which is to fill one third of ones stomach for this is the best thing for us.

If you stick to this you will be healthy in the long run inshallah and als don;t forget to say 'Bismillah' before you eat and 'alhamdolillah' after you finished.
MashaAllah, very beneficial post of you brother as usual, I should be taking some notes of this too.

syilla
11-13-2009, 06:16 AM
you'll probably feel guilty of making this thread...after you had your baby....huhuhu :p

Rafeeq
11-13-2009, 06:26 AM
eat and sleep and eat and sleep and eat and sleep.

LOL

Fטлку
11-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Ditch the yucky healthy stuff(for example: banana :p) if you want to gain weight.
The fasted way to gain weight..Dig in! :D

Source: you don't want to know :skeleton:

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
danah - Sleep quite a lot - i can sleep for 12 hours :S

Cabdullahi
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
large!! dollops of peanut butter on bread for breakfast

before bed 300grams of uncooked oats with 400 milk in a blender add abit of honey and butter

Woodrow
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
all future posts on this thread will need a moderators approval until everybody remembers what the thread topic is

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I have tried the choco weight gainer - but it made me feel sick - anyone had any of the other flavours?

mariyyah
11-13-2009, 04:01 PM
I have tried the choco weight gainer - but it made me feel sick - anyone had any of the other flavours?
I think in your case food will not bring any results so you need some special herbs to gain weight or medical treatments but i prefer the first one but you have first to believe that ALLAH SWT and the islam are true and INSHALLAH you will be fine

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
You prefer the first one??

Any recommendations on herbal treatments??

mariyyah
11-13-2009, 04:13 PM
You prefer the first one??

Any recommendations on herbal treatments??

I know so many women in my country they use herbs to gain weight and it works for them so let me call my family and let you know INSHALLAH but first i want to hear from you that you believe that ALLAH SWT AND THE ISLAM AND OUR PROPHET MOHAMMED SAAS are true

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes i do...i just have my moments where i start to question things thats all.

mariyyah
11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Yes i do...i just have my moments where i start to question things thats all.
thats good im happy to hear that from you so please just pm me and i will INSHALLAH help you

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Sis i cannot PM until i have reached 50 posts .. inshallah once i have i shall PM you ok. thanks for the help and adivce everyone

Jazakallah

Danah
11-13-2009, 09:11 PM
danah - Sleep quite a lot - i can sleep for 12 hours :S
I think 12 hours are a lot, that might be a reason wallahu'alam.

Do you have any specific eating habits?

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I get tired really really easily - i have to sleep additional couple hours during the day as im exhasted.

I miss breakfast - alhumdilliah im tryin hard now to eat it - sumtimes i can eat once a day - i dont have an appetiteimsad

Danah
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM
^ wow thats a lot, eat once a day? feeling exhausted very easily...this is due to the lack of energy your body has

dear? this is not a question you can ask just anyone in a forum. You have to see a specialized doctor as soon as you can. The doctor will probably help you, see if there is something wrong with your digestion system and may give something to take so you may have an appetite to eat inshAllah.

May Allah grant you healthy life sis

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Ameen,

yeah ill go see a doc as soon as i can

Thank You

Jazakallah kheir

Woodrow
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM

Appearance can be a poor guide to proper weight for an individual. How a person feels is usually a better indicator as to if they need to gain or lose weight.

Weight loss or gain is best addressed as a medical concern rather than a cosmetic goal. Much of how much we should weigh is determine by our body structure.

If a person follows a healthy diet, gets the right amount of sleep and proper exercise, weight should not be a problem unless their is a medical reason.

Before starting any weight gain or weight loss routine, it is best to get the advice of your doctor.

Hamza Asadullah
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Ameen,

yeah ill go see a doc as soon as i can

Thank You

Jazakallah kheir
Let us realise my sister that our bodys have a right over us in that we should take care of it well and feed and nourish it with good and healthy food with the right quantities and hydrate it well with sufficient amount of water. Our body also requires the right amount of sleep. So we should not sleep too little or too much.

If we treat our body's right then it will function properly but if don't fulfill the rights of our then our bodys will not take good care of us and we will find life harder than it already is because of the fact that our bodys cannot function properly.

Allah has given us this body as a loan so that we may take care of it and treat it well because we will need it for the rest of our life. But if we misuse it then we will suffer in this world because of the fact that our bodys won't function right and we will also have to answer in the next world as to why we did'nt take care of our bodys that we given to us by Allah as a loan.

So go to a doctor as soon as possible my sister and let us take immediate steps and start treating our bodys well so that it treats us well in order that we can live an optimum life making the best use of every second that we have inshallah.

Narrated Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As: "Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, “O Abdullah! I have been informed that you fast all the day and stand in prayer all night?” I said, ‘Yes, O Allah's Apostle!’ He said, “Do not do that! Observe the fast sometimes and also leave them at other times, stand up for the prayer at night and also sleep at night. Your body has a right over you and your wife has a right over you.” (Bukhâri)

cat eyes
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
you'll probably feel guilty of making this thread...after you had your baby....huhuhu :p

Well sis not everybody gains weight after having a baby my mum had 5children the first child she had at the age of 17years old she stayed a size 10 having giving birth to 5children :statisfie also some women are just naturally skinny. some one said in this thread drink protein shakes id agree with that because these shakes make you feel for food but put the right type of food in your body well a doctor will advise you on this better.
:wa:

Hayfa
11-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Asalaamualykum sis,

Why don't you try eating cucumber with dates?

Sayyidah Ayisha, (R.A.) wife of Prophet (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam), used to prescribe dates for those suffering from giddiness. It is now well known that a fall in the level of the sugar in the blood and low blood pressure are among the causes of giddiness.

She was also reported to have used dates combined with cucumber to treat her over-slim condition! She said, "They've tried to fatten me giving me everything. But I did not become fat. Then they fattened me with cucumber and ripe dates and I gained!" Ayisha was quite correct, as we now know that one kilogram of dates contains nearly 3,000 calories which alone are sufficient to supply the minimum daily requirements of an active man for one full day.

Give it ago !:thumbs_up

alcurad
11-15-2009, 03:25 AM
I hear walnuts and exercise are good :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-15-2009, 03:32 AM
I get tired really really easily - i have to sleep additional couple hours during the day as im exhasted.

I miss breakfast - alhumdilliah im tryin hard now to eat it - sumtimes i can eat once a day - i dont have an appetiteimsad
your fatigue can come from low iron levels. as for ur loss of appetite, if you are stressed out as well, it may be IBS :)

you really need to see ur doc though :ooh:

Umu 'Isa
11-15-2009, 05:28 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested... but, you should get your thyroid checked!

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Just eat a healthy diet. If Allah (SWT) made you so that you can't gain weight, then you will not. You could eat fattening foods, but they'd be bad for your health. Embrace who you are :D

peace_2all
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
I have read in kitab that you should drink milk with dates to put on weight

Blackpool
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Add more calories into your diet and add some carbohydrates such as pasta, potatoes, white bread... all provide weight gain. You can turn this into muscle or if you're physically inactive it will be stored as fat. Exercise is essential however, otherwise you'll get too fat! You just need to eat more calories than you burn. Don't eat greasy, high colesterol junk. It's damaging to your health.

tango92
11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
3 pints of milk a day works wonders for your health

if your really having trouble then have a bag of peanuts before you go to sleep, just get the non salted ones - for all the aspiring huffadh out there sub the peanuts with almonds and milk.

ps, duaa and patience are the key ingredients

arabookworm
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
if you want to gain weight but stay healthy, increase your caloric intake, but make sure that the food you eat is still healthy.

CuteStuff
11-20-2009, 04:07 PM
any Particular foods you recommend?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.