/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained(?) Experiences

ares
11-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Hello All,

Firstly, I am new to this forum and hope that some participants can comment on my experiences, from an Islam perspective.

From an early age 5yo or younger, I would experience / dream(?) of an angel with large wings coming to me when in bed and taking me (flying) to a location high in the heavens, where I would see an old grey bearded man writing in a large book. This old man was enormous as was the book and he was sitting at the largest desk and table I had ever seen. From what I could tell, the book was a story and as he turned the page and began to write I knew it was the story of my life - no words were ever spoken and I felt safe and secure whenever this happened. This occured a number of times in my early childhood and ever since have felt a presence with me - looking after me.

I was born greek-orthodox and there is a greek saying that say's - everything is written. So my understanding of this kind of sits well with me.

As years passed the visits stopped, but I felt close to god, love him and honour him, as best as I could in my life. I began to develop an inner voice, wisdom perhaps, that helped me avoid many troublesome situations that were occuring around me. During this time teens-early twenties, my faith continued.

It was during my twenties that even though my faith was strong, I began to abuse alchohol and drugs. It was during this time that I had another visit from something more sinister, during my sleep - it scared me - and I battled with it and fought it off. It was a very physical battle as I awoke with strained muscles, ligaments and bruising - the type you get when grappling with someone - it was a fight, kicks and punches! Sometime, after this I stopped using alchohol and drugs - cold.

In my early thirties, I married and converted to Islam. During the early stages of my conversion and marriage, I had many unanswered questions - answers to which I found in the Qurán. As day to day problems appeared, I would seek solace by reading the Qurán, picking up reading from where I left off the day before, and the ANSWER was on the very same page I was reading.
This has happened many many times and still does, though to a lesser extent now.

For many years I have had discussions with '" the man upstairs " - I feel that I can do this wherever I am. I am whole hearted a believer in a supreme being. When I was asked during my conversion, what were my thoughts on religion, I replied "there is only one god".

I am not affraid to say that I have cried many times, when I have read the Qurán or given deep thought to god and what he means to me.

During our marriage ceremony the men from the local mosque converged on my father-in-laws house and we prayed - during the prayer session, I experienced what was a sensation that I can not put into words, perhaps a great deal of energy - almost as if the ground was moving / vibrating underneath us. There was something with us in that home that night......

Only recently, I had a situation where I was awoken by a man whispering into me ear in a language I do not know - I was frightened. It happened after I had one of my chats with the man upstairs asking for strength and guidance.

Lastnight again I was visited by some kind of spirit after I asked for help with my life, guidance & strength and it scared me as it felt as if this spirit was trying to merge with my body and an ensuing battle errupted as I tried to ward it off.

During the past two experiences, the fear was not the same as the previous sinister experience. It was a fear of the unknown. I had asked for help and it came - instantly - but I didn't know how to use it, accept it, understand it. Here in lays the the question, what does it all mean?

My wife warned me not to send this post and that I might be attacked for it's content, if that is the case so be it. I will be judged by god, as we all will be.

Look forward to hearing some responses......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-13-2009, 02:33 AM
:sl: Ahki,

Your experiences are less strange than you think. while I can not say I know the explanation I know many have had similar experiences. Some of it can be explained by Jinn. The Jinn can be either good or evil. Usually we are not aware of Jinn nor are they aware of us. But, on occasion people have had contact with Jinn.

I am inclined to believe you have had some contact with Jinn and from what you said it would seem it has been with good Jinn. Those of us who came to Islam from another faith seem to often feel the guidance of Allaah(swt) very closely, perhaps we know we were led away from the path that was bringing us to hellfire. Also since we do not have the benefit of an Islamic family it may be Allaah(swt) sends us more help as we need it.
In your case the help may have been in the form of Jinn.

Rafeeq
11-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Allah has led you to a straight path (Siraat-e-mustaqeem) through whatever mean He wanted to. This kind of experiences are happened with people.

I agree with Akhi Woodrow, and pray Allah to give you guide you always.

ares
11-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Thank Akhi and Rafeeq for your replies.

If it is Jinn that I have experienced, should I submit to them when they do come, as I am asking for help from Allah.........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ares
Thank Akhi and Rafeeq for your replies.

If it is Jinn that I have experienced, should I submit to them when they do come, as I am asking for help from Allah.........
:sl:

No you should not submit to Jinn nor ask them for help. It is only to Allaah(swt) you submit to and pray to for help. It is possile that Allaah(swt) has sent them to help you and if that is so, they are doint it assubmission to Allaah(swt),

Never offer any prayers to Jinn. They are mere created creatures and have their own free choices.

ares
11-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Thankyou. I guess I am trying to determine how they are helping me, if Allah sent them.

Submit wasn't the right word.

If they present themselves, what do I do? How do I interact with them? Do I go with the flow and trust that they will help me and NOT be fearful?

Woodrow
11-13-2009, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ares
Thankyou. I guess I am trying to determine how they are helping me, if Allah sent them.

Submit wasn't the right word.

If they present themselves, what do I do? How do I interact with them? Do I go with the flow and trust that they will help me and NOT be fearful?
Based on what you have said it seems that if they are Jinn they became known to you through the ill of Allaah(swt) as in some manner they helped you to find the path to Allaah(swt). They may not even be aware of you. Jinn pose no threat to us and like us can be Muslim or Kafir. It does seem you were given the ability to experience the ability to see or have knowledge of some Muslim Jinn. Perhaps it was because their were no Human Muslims in your life.

But, now that their purpose seems to have been completed, let them be and do not fear nor deliberately try to interact with them as like yourself they would desire to live their own lives without interference from outside.

To try to interact with them may increase the possibility of you opening an opportunity for evil Jinn to take advantage of the situation. Do not fear Jinn but also do not try to interact with them. They have their own lives and concern like you have yours. In your Du'as give thanks to Allaah(swt) that he led you to Islam, even though you may not understand the means he used.

Pray to Allaah(swt) that he will always protect you from any evil Jinn and have no fear of the Jinn as Allaah(swt) is the only protection you need and it seems that any purpose the Jinn had in your life has now been completed.

Supreme
11-13-2009, 03:10 PM
So you've been having this dream for ages now?

I studied dreams last year for AS Psychology.

Anyway, here's hoping that you are not going to be attacked by an evil Jinn.

God Bless.

ares
11-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for all the help.

I think I understand what you are saying Woodrow. I believe as I have asked for guidance, Allah is sending Jinn to me as a sign that he is with me and that I should continue to have faith....and he will always be with me. I will and have only ever prayed to Allah - I believe in him and him only as the creator of all - there is only one Allah.

Surpreme, no the "dreams" have been different and have occured at different times in my life. They are very real, not like a dream state at all. As I said in a previous post is very hard to explain the occurence or the feelings when they do occur - it is definitely as a result of my praying to Allah. These experiences have been with me since before I was 5yo and not directly related to my conversion to muslim - as I beleive in my entire life I have been a muslim (without title).....in that I beleive in ONE god!

Supreme
11-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Surpreme, no the "dreams" have been different and have occured at different times in my life. They are very real, not like a dream state at all. As I said in a previous post is very hard to explain the occurence or the feelings when they do occur - it is definitely as a result of my praying to Allah. These experiences have been with me since before I was 5yo and not directly related to my conversion to muslim - as I beleive in my entire life I have been a muslim (without title).....in that I beleive in ONE god!
Well I apologise, I must have misunderstood.

God Bless.

ares
11-14-2009, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Well I apologise, I must have misunderstood.

God Bless.

No need to apologise. I appreciate all feedback as it can be used in future.

My beliefs are perhaps hybrid and is why Islam appeals to me. The Qurán for instance, can be read many times, at different stages of your life and come to mean different things - it inspires me to think differently - life is dynamic.

Woodrow came to help me revisit what I already know - I believe that we are tested. In my own experiences during times of "personal growth", I ask Allah for strength and from time to time, I have what I call, unexplained experiences, during times of intense personal growth.

For example, much has been said of jihad. A friend of mine put it best - man undertakes jihad daily - with themselves, as personal growth can sometimes be viewed as a battle within ones self - growing pains whatever - if you have children you will see it in them. Quite an analogy I know, but it is my own interpretation of what my experiences mean to me.

Dear moderator, please excuse my use of the term Jihad - it is meant to be taken in context when describing personal growth and hope I have not offended anyone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.