/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I wed my Husband to 72 Hooris

Binyamine
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Got this from another forum, i really appreciated it, hope you also shall appreciate it.

'I wed my husband to 72 Hooris''
the story of a sister..

Site: Online Viewing:
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYGu6VoC" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

SubhanAllah, is there somebody who wants to act like that?

A sister is telling us..

He went and left me. He left me while i wiped the tears away.
Ya Muslimeen this is a truth which happened to me and i want to tell you about it.

I married a young man. Nobody on this earth existed for me who was like him. After two months he said to me that he loves another women, and that he loves her more than he loves me.
And that she is very beautiful and enjoyable.

I thought about it and contemplated for a while and then i asked him: ''Do you love her more than you love me?" he answered: "yes, i love her more than i love you.'' I said: "oh my darling go and marry this girl. Because your happiness is my happiness and your gladness is my gladness.'' He answered that he wouldn't have enough money to marry this girl. I said to him: "Take my gold which i hold, go sell it and then marry the girl which you love.'' He declained it and said that i would maybe need it one day..But my dedication and inveteracy got him to accepted my gift.

He took it and sold it and then he departed to look for his beloved.
He left me, though it didn't pass a lot, after we get married.

It passed one month.. two months.. one year.. two years.. three years.. but my beloved husband didn't visit me. He told me through the phone that he would be bounded with work and that he couldn't visit me. I wipped my tears, day and night, by tasting the bitterness of the breakup. Do you think that i would be resentful at him??? No.... never... never. He is my beloved.. I stand behind him and trust in him because he is truthworthy and faithful.

I'm missing it to talk with him. My ear rejoices then i hear his nice words. His sweet voice appeases my ear and my body. Sometimes it passes one month and he doesn't call me. Oh how cold-hearted and unfeeling he is! Oh how cold-hearted and unsensible you are. How do you brave is without talking with me? I can't brave it longer, but so are the men. Always stronger. They brave more and are less worthy. When he's calling me, i'm feeling like holding the whole world in my hands. I hided my tears and my atremble voice to show him that i'm not sad. I'm talking and the tears creep over my cheeks. My voice is affected by the traces of the sorrow. I hide my sorrow to myself. I've closed the groaning and suffering inside the four walls in my heart but the hearts grieves caused by the suffering. I've shown myself strong so that i don't sadden my husband.

What a man he is, who leaves his newly wed women to look for another one? What a women she is, who sells her gold to wed her own husband? Im amazed... Im astonished at you both..

On a dark and sad day, nor a happy day.. the phone rings.
Heyya is in hurry to pick up the phone. A wide voice: "I want to talk to sister Heyya." ''yes, I am Heyya.'' He said: '' I'm a brother from Chechnya.. be patient and hope of Allah's reward... Because your husband died as a shaheed after a hard war with the Russians in Chechnya today........

...be patient and hope of Allah's reward.''

I hold off myself and say: ''alhamdulillah.''
I come off the phone and get into an hysterical bearing. Suffering, pain, happiness..all emotions come at the same time. But my mother is sad. ''Heyya, Heyya, what's up, who was on the phone?'' I couldn't talk to her. I cried and laughed.. she embraced me by saying: ''Heyya, tell me what has happended, please.'' I tell her and went into my room. Along the way i said to my mother: ''oh my mother, who wants to congratulate me is welcome.. and who wants to console me isn't allowed to come into my room.'' Allahu Akbar, those who came where a few, which u could count on your fingers. Subhanallah.

O my husband finally you has found your beloved one. O my husband you are the groom now and you will marry with 72 Hoor el Ayn. All of them are more beautiful than Heyya and more joyable than Heyya. Oh my husband i wish i could share the bearing with this beautiful and joyable Hooris.

Have u forgetten Heyya? never... i don't think that you had forget her. I've never forget you you will stay forever in my heart. Three years i've tasted the bitterness of our breakup and haven't beautified my eyes while i was regarding but i hope for myself, I hope for myself that i will meet you in Jannatul Firdaws. My beloved you are a hero and a shaheed. You have left your most beautiful house to live in the mountains and caves of Chechnya under the falling bombs and grenades. You have left a young women to sleep in the snow and the hills. I remember as you said to me: ''Heyya, i can't sleep calmly, the situation of our sisters in Chechnya has degraded because of this situation my heart grieves and the tears flow from my eyes.''

O my husband, you were a man with a good character, the destiny of the ummah annoys you and you troubled over the muslimeen. I congratulate you for your Jannah bi idnillah. I congratulate you for you companionship with Hamza.. Ja'far... Abu Bakr.. Mus'ab.. radia allahu 'anhuma wal ardda. I congratulate you for your attendance of our beloved prophet: Muhammed, salla allahu 'alayhi wa sallam. I wish you a unresisted way...

Ameen..

The language used is German.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
jazakAllah khair for sharing reminds me of the tabieen who left his newly wed wife to go for jihaad also and came back to see that she had spent all the wealth he had left in raising her son to be a great alim of islam.

Allahu Akbar

AlHoda
11-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I don;t really get the story,

IbnAbdulHakim
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I don;t really get the story,
a brother left his wife desiring martyrdom in the path of Allah after witnessing the horrors our brothers and sisters are facing.

Assalamu Alaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlHoda
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM
But what are the horrors?

AlHoda
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Soorry, I just am to lazy to read the entire story :)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
the brutal persecution/rape/genocide etc those in iraq/afghanistan/chechnya/palestine etc have gone through

heres a visual aid:

IAmZamzam
11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
As I understand it, the "72" thing comes from a medieval, false hadith and for those who died with loving spouses the houris are the resurrected spouses. Even Wikipedia gets that right, and Wikipedia never gets anything right. I guess pure emotion is the point, though. Whatever.

cat eyes
11-13-2009, 07:18 PM
:sl:
i hope i did read the story correctly she allowed her husband to go to another woman? :'(

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
a brother left his wife desiring martyrdom in the path of Allah after witnessing the horrors our brothers and sisters are facing.

Assalamu Alaikum
That's sad :(

Khaldun
11-13-2009, 07:31 PM
:sl;

Some of the things in the article are not quite right.

First of all a pious wife is way better then any huur could ever be, and she will actually become their leader more beautiful and gorgues then any of them. Also a pious wife of this world you will be with in this dunyah and the aakhirah. The Huurs are only in the aakhirah.

Morever when our Messenger who we should strive to follow was asked who do you love the most? He did not say the huurs rather he said, 'aisha his wife in this dunyah and the here after.

Just my two riyals

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

First of all a pious wife is way better then any huur could ever be, and she will actually become their leader more beautiful and gorgues then any of them. Also a pious wife of this world you will be with in this dunyah and the aakhirah. The Huurs are only in the aakhirah.

Morever when our Messenger who we should strive to follow was asked who do you love the most? He did not say the huurs rather he said, 'aisha his wife in this dunyah and the here after.

Just my two riyals

One of my threads was recently deleted since I didn't post a "source". Do you have one? I'm not attacking your post, just wondering where you learned this.:statisfie

Khaldun
11-13-2009, 07:37 PM

Learned what dear brother?

cat eyes
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM
brother kladun you are right. the imaam told be this that the wife will be the most beautiful woman in jannah more beautiful then all the hooris

Maryan0
11-13-2009, 07:47 PM

lol assuming any of us go to heaven why would any women want to be the leader of other women they have to share with their husband? I have never understood that as if being the most beautiful is some sort of appeasement to make us feel better about having to share our husbands in heaven. Polygamy in this life is a different issue. I have heard this hadith before as to the validity I am no ulama but it just makes it seem that heaven is mainly a place for men and that even in heaven the pious women of this world are put on the same level as women who were made in paradise and did nothing to get there and are mainly there to fulfill the desires of men.
salaam

Khaldun
11-13-2009, 08:05 PM

Brother OurIslamc, this is what the scholars on Islam qa say

The situation of the believing woman in Paradise will be better than the situation of the hoor al-‘iyn; she will be higher in status and more beautiful. Several ahaadeeth and reports have been narrated concerning that, but none of them can be proven to be sound. But if a righteous woman from among the people of this world enters Paradise, then she will do so as a reward for her righteous deeds and as a honour from Allaah to her for her religious commitment and righteousness. As for the hoori who is one of the delights of Paradise, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds. There is a great difference between one who enters Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and the one who was created as a reward for one who did righteous deeds. The former is a queen and a princess, and the latter, no matter how beautiful she is, is undoubtedly lower in status than a queen, and she is subject to the command of her believing master for whom Allaah created her as a reward.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does the description of the hoor al-‘iyn include the women of this world?

He replied:

It seems to me that the women of this world will be better than the hoor al-‘iyn, even in outward appearance, and Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb.

We ask Allaah the Almighty to give us the best of that which He gives to His believing slaves.

And Allaah knows best.

Sister Lisa0 this is not true, Jannah is not only for men. What you have to keep in mind is that in Jannah Allah will remove from any ill feelings in our hearts and no one will be upset in Jannah. The many hooris for the men is a reward just as women will have their reward, our Lord is just and since He created us He knows us better then we know ourselves, we might try and frown upon it and think whats this? Only sex and food in Jannah? But if one reads the Qur'aan and hadith you will quickly realise that this is only a portion of the blessings.

Do not compare this world with the here after.

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 08:07 PM
All right, Jazakallah :)

Maryan0
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM

Brother OurIslamc, this is what the scholars on Islam qa say

Sister Lisa0 this is not true, Jannah is not only for men. What you have to keep in mind is that in Jannah Allah will remove from any ill feelings in our hearts and no one will be upset in Jannah. The many hooris for the men is a reward just as women will have their reward, our Lord is just and since He created us He knows us better then we know ourselves, we might try and frown upon it and think whats this? Only sex and food in Jannah? But if one reads the Qur'aan and hadith you will quickly realise that this is only a portion of the blessings.

Do not compare this world with the here after.
I understand that heaven is not meant only for men and I firmly believe that Allah is just and that all muslimeen who enter heaven will recieve their due rewards. However the problem was with that specific quote you wrote and I wont attribute it to you because I have read it in other places that the wife will be the leader of the hoors and be the most beautiful as if the main concern with women is being more beautiful compared with the 72 other houris it's a very simplistic way to look at women really although beauty is important and women care more about beauty then men it's not the most important thing.
your husband will have 72 houris but don't worry you will be the most beautiful of these, give women some credit subhanAllah I can't speak for all women but I find it a very strange thing to say.
salam

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2009, 12:22 AM

Just my two riyals
i am not in disagreement with what you said

and its very possible that everything you have said was well known by the brother who attained martyrdome and this is shown by his calling his wife whenever the opportunity arrised.

And why he said what he said is unknown to us but if Allah truelly gave such a brother martyrdome then he must have done something right.

Assalamu Alaikum

Ummu Sufyaan
11-14-2009, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Binyamine
Got this from another forum, i really appreciated it, hope you also shall appreciate it.

'I wed my husband to 72 Hooris''
the story of a sister..
is this story true? i dont have a problem with men (or women) who desire martyrdom, however desiring martyrdom carries etiquette and adaab so telling your wife that you love another woman and even affirming this after she asks you, is seriously not right (not unless she wouldn't have a problem with it :$). i also find it strange that her gheerah wasn't stirred as letting your husband marry is something, but not knowing who she is, and completely trusting him "blindly" is something else. i dont mean to back-bite or judge or anything, and im not saying he or she is bad in character, but that is a little odd...i would have thought her sense of gheerah would have driven her to inquire/say something...women dont give up their husbands oh so willingly...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
The situation of the believing woman in Paradise will be better than the situation of the hoor al-‘iyn; she will be higher in status and more beautiful. Several ahaadeeth and reports have been narrated concerning that, but none of them can be proven to be sound. But if a righteous woman from among the people of this world enters Paradise, then she will do so as a reward for her righteous deeds and as a honour from Allaah to her for her religious commitment and righteousness. As for the hoori who is one of the delights of Paradise, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds. There is a great difference between one who enters Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and the one who was created as a reward for one who did righteous deeds. The former is a queen and a princess, and the latter, no matter how beautiful she is, is undoubtedly lower in status than a queen, and she is subject to the command of her believing master for whom Allaah created her as a reward.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does the description of the hoor al-‘iyn include the women of this world?

He replied:

It seems to me that the women of this world will be better than the hoor al-‘iyn, even in outward appearance, and Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb.

We ask Allaah the Almighty to give us the best of that which He gives to His believing slaves.

And Allaah knows best.
that reminds me of this...

I understand that heaven is not meant only for men and I firmly believe that Allah is just and that all muslimeen who enter heaven will recieve their due rewards. However the problem was with that specific quote you wrote and I wont attribute it to you because I have read it in other places that the wife will be the leader of the hoors and be the most beautiful as if the main concern with women is being more beautiful compared with the 72 other houris it's a very simplistic way to look at women really although beauty is important and women care more about beauty then men it's not the most important thing.
your husband will have 72 houris but don't worry you will be the most beautiful of these, give women some credit subhanAllah I can't speak for all women but I find it a very strange thing to say.
that...

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...56#post3523256

sevgi
11-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Why'd he lie to her? He broke her heart every night for three years...we all know that is tantamount to breaking down the kabah every night for three years...

Sameera
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Salams Lisa,

I totally agree with you.

The Quran is the best book to follow as is the word of Allah and there is no mention of 72 hurs for a martyr in there at all. It's also best to learn Arabic as the English translation does not do justice to the true meaning of the Quran since the Arabic vocabulary is rich in different connotations and meanings.

Please be very careful what you read about hadiths as some of these are fabricated myths and are untrue.

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/20...-virgins-myth/

http://sulayman.hadithuna.com/meanin...ide-the-truth/

Wasalam

- IqRa -
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
SubhanAllaah.

Muslim Woman
11-16-2009, 02:10 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
a brother left his wife desiring martyrdom

So , he did not take second wife ? His wife knew all along that he went to fight to be a martyr ???

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

So , he did not take second wife ? His wife knew all along that he went to fight to be a martyr ???

he did not take a second wife, he spent all his time aiding the mujahideen.

look people stop questioning his methods and intentions , MAKE 70 EXCUSES!

Sameera
11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
In case anyone missed my post.

Please be very careful what you read, not all hadiths are authentic. Some hadiths are weak, or fabricated.

[/QUOTE]

[/quote]

Wasalam

Binyamine
11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sameera
In case anyone missed my post.

Please be very careful what you read, not all hadiths are authentic. Some hadiths are weak, or fabricated.

[/quote]

Wasalam[/QUOTE]

Peace Mercy And Blessing of Allah be upon all of us.

Sister, i just asked a knowledgable brother: This is what he replied;

I dont think this issue is so important actually. The hadith about the lowest having 72 houris is a weak hadith as I have heard by hadith experts. However the hadith about the martyr having it and 6 other special blessings are as I have heard authentic.

However we shouldnt base our longing for Paradise on this because once we enter Paradise we will get whatever we desire, and we will not only have whatever we desire but even more than that. And not only that we will get whatever we desire but we will also get whatever will please our eyes in Paradise.

As Allah (swt) says

Surah 16:31

Gardens of Eternity which they will enter: beneath them flow (pleasant) rivers: they will have therein all that they wish: thus doth Allah reward the righteous― (31)

Surah 25:16

"For them there will be therein all that they wish for: they will dwell (there) for aye: a promise to be prayed for from thy Lord." (16)

Surah 36 : 56-57
They and their associates will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones (of dignity); (56) (Every) fruit (enjoyment) will be there for them; they shall have whatever they call for; (57)

Surah 39:34

And he who brings the Truth and he who confirms (and supports) it― such are the men who do right. (33) They shall have all that they wish for, in the presence of their Lord: such is the reward of those who do good: (34)

Surah 41: 30-32

In the case of those who say "Our Lord is Allah", and further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time): "Fear ye not!" (they suggest) "Nor grieve! but receive the Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), the which ye were promised! (30) "We are your protectors in this life and in the Hereafter: therein shall ye have all that your souls shall desire; therein shall ye have all that ye ask for! (31) "A hospitable gift from One Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful!" (32)

Surah 42 : 22

Thou wilt see the wrongdoers in fear on account of what they have earned, and (the burden of) that must (necessarily) fall on them. But those who believe and work righteous deeds will be in the luxuriant meads of the Gardens: they shall have, before their Lord, all that they wish for: That will indeed be the magnificent Bounty (of Allah). (22)

Surah 43: 68- 72

My devotees! No fear shall be on you that Day nor shall ye grieve― (68) (Being) those who have believed in Our Signs and bowed (their wills to Ours) in Islam. (69) Enter ye the Garden, ye and your wives, in (beauty and) rejoicing. (70) To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire all that the eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for aye). (71) Such will be the Garden of which ye are made heirs for your (good) deeds (in life). (72)

Surah 50: 31-34

And the Garden will be brought nigh to the righteous no more a thing distant. (31) "This is what was promised for you for everyone who turned (to Allah) in sincere repentance who kept (his law). (32) "Who feared (Allah) Most Gracious unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him): (33) "Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a Day of Eternal Life!" (34) There will be for them therein all that they wish and more besides in Our Presence. (35)

So in Paradise we will get even more than what we desire and we will get whatever will please our eyes. Also here is a good tafsir of verse 16:31 from Abu ala Mawdudi (ra)

Quote:
This is the best blessing of Paradise. The dweller will get there whatever he will desire and wish and there will be nothing at all to offend him. This is the blessing that has never been attained even by the richest and the most powerful people in this world. On the contrary, every dweller of Paradise will enjoy this blessing to his fill because he will always have everything to his desire and liking, and will have each and every wish and desire fulfilled.
So we shouldnt look for the details, rather we know once we get in Paradise we will get whatever we desire. And this applies for both men and women in Paradise since their reward in Paradise is equall.

And Allah knows best

Sameera
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
^ Jazak Allahkhair.

Sameera
11-17-2009, 12:21 AM
The word 'Hur' is the plural of both Ahwar (Masculine) and Hawra (Feminine) which literally translates as "white-eyed", or persons distinguished by Hawar, signifying "intense whiteness of the eyeballs and lustrous black of the pupils." (ref: Qamus ), hence 'the purity' (ref: Tafsir al'Tabari, and Tafsir al-Razi in 3:52). And as for the phrase, "In it is the plural of both 'Ayan' (Masculine) and 'Ainao' (Feminine)",[24] it was also used to refer to the beautiful eyes of the wild-cow whose eyes are blond. In general, this word implies 'most beautiful eye' irrespective of the person's gender. Thus, it seems that the most appropriate English rendering of the compound word Hur'In might be: "Companions pure, most beautiful of eye."[25] and it is applicable to both male and female.[26]..

The houri are mentioned in several places in the Qur’an, although in plural no specifics are given as to the number of houries available. Likewise it does not appear from the Qur’an that only girls should be available; both sexes are mentioned. And they are made available to all Muslims, not just martyrs.

"Thus shall it be. And We shall pair(zawajnahoom: pair them, marry them). Note zawj (lit., “a pair” or - according to the context - “one of a pair”) applies to either of the two sexes,a man to a woman and a woman to a man, as does the transitive verb zawaja, “he paired” or “joined”, i.e., one person with another)[31]them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye."[Chapter (Surah) Ad-Dukhan (The Smoke)(44):54][32]
"In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze [qasirat at-tarf: Lit., “such as restrain their gaze”, i.e., are of modest bearing and have eyes only for their mates (Tafsir Razi).This phrase applies to both genders.[4]], whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then." [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent(55):56][33]
"[There the blest will live with their] companions pure and modest, in pavilions [splendid] [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent)(55):72][34] "reclining on couches [of happiness] ranged in rows!” And [in that paradise] We shall mate them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye [Chapter (Surah) At-Tur (The Mount)(52):20][35]

Here is a verse that refers to one’s spouse renewal to a pure state:

"And [with them will be their] spouses, raised high: for, behold, We shall have brought them into being in a life renewed, having resurrected them as virgins [Chapter (Surah) Al-Waqi'a (The Event)(56):34-36][36]

There are also verses regarding both genders explicitly:

God has promised the believers, both men and women (Lit., waalmuminoona (male believers) waalmuminatu (female believers), gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual bliss: but God's goodly acceptance is the greatest [bliss of all] -for this, this is the triumph supreme! [Chapter (Surah) At-Taubah (The Repentance) (9):72][37]

As for anyone - be it man or woman [Lit., min (from) thakarin (male) aw (or) ontha (female)][16:97] - who does righteous deeds, and is a believer withal - him shall We most certainly cause to live a good life, and most certainly shall We grant unto such as these their reward in accordance with the best that they ever did. [Chapter (Surah) An-Nahl (The Bee) (16):97][38]

A verse regarding other companionship:

“And, O our Sustainer, bring them into the gardens of perpetual bliss which Thou hast promised them, together with the righteous from among their forebears, and their spouses, and their offspring - for, verily, Thou alone art almighty, truly wise [Chapter (Surah) Ghafir (The Forgiver)(40):8][39]

On the other hand, here is a verse reflecting on the relationship between a husband and a wife in this life. In particular, noting that the engendering of love and tenderness is not just in the hereafter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

Ummu Sufyaan
11-17-2009, 04:07 AM
^
best thing to do it not get your knowledge of wiki :hmm: :)

Sameera
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
^ Salams,

You may be right there and it makes me upset to see Islamic info there rather than on our websites, but what has happened to all of our Islamic sites which had this info there and where have they disappeared?

Also if the info is correct, the evidence is there and we have scrutnized it then is there any harm in accepting it esp when the hadith quoted above about the 72 virgins, is weak and not authentic in the first place?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.