/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lazyness

AlHoda
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM
:sl:
How to overcome lazyness? Yes, I admit I probably the laziest person on this planet.:embarrass Are the any dua's to overcome it.
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
How to overcome lazyness? Yes, I admit I probably the laziest person on this planet.:embarrass Are the any dua's to overcome it.
Assalamu 'alaikum Wr Wb,

Alhamdulillah, may Allah bless you for wanting to spend your time more usefully for the sake of Allah.

Here are some tips:

1. Constantly ask of Allah. There is a du'a that Rasoolullah (Pbuh) used to make, which includes: "Allahumma innee authu bika min... al-'ajzi wal-kasal" which means "O Allah, I seek refuge in You from inactivity and laziness"

Remember to ask of Allah constantly.

2. Schedule your time. It may seem annoying or useless, but making a schedule (even if you don't write it down, or follow it strictly) will really help you realize how much free time you are wasting every day. It doesn't feel like so much till you schedule your day and realize that you are wasting so much every single day.

3. Realize and remember the importance of time in Islam. The Prophet (Pbuh) told us to take advantage of free time before we become occupied and regret not making use of our time.

4. Download lectures and listen to them. Pick topics that you enjoy and would like to learn about. Soon inshaAllah you will begin to take notes while you listen, so you can retain the information easier, and you will really begin to enjoy your 'classes' that you set up for yourself.

5. Don't give your nafs(desires) a chance to be lazy. You made a schedule, now fill it up with stuff: learning the meaning of the Qur'an, hadith, fiqh, Memorising ayats of the Qur'an, Memorising masnoon dua's and sunnats we can do everyday etc

May Allah use us and not replace us.

Hamza Asadullah
11-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Overcoming laziness and Procrastination

One needs to form the will to change this habit and take immediate steps to reach one's goal. Once your intention is sincere and you follow it up with consistent action, trusting in the Lord, success is guaranteed. Allah assures us in the Qur’an: “And those who shall strive for Our Sake, We shall surely guide them unto Our ways.” (Al-`Ankabut: 69).

While combating laziness, the first thing to do is to recognize that like all negative habits we have formed, it is a habit that we have acquired through consistent practice. We persist in it because we find comfort and gain pleasure in it. So we cannot be expected to get rid of it entirely unless and until we learn to link this habit with ugliness, pain and suffering rather than glamorizing it. So, list all the negative aspects and dire consequences associated with laziness. List everything you stand to lose if you were to persist in this habit. Do this as many times as possible until laziness becomes automatically associated with pain and suffering in your consciousness.

Secondly, every time you have a tendency to feel lazy, take whatever steps you can immediately to counter the tendency and nip it in the bud. By doing these things consistently and repeatedly you will be empowered to overcome laziness.

Here are a few more practical steps you can take to fight this all-pervasive habit:

1. Think of and list all the successes you could achieve if you were to shake yourself free of this negative habit.

2. Think of and meditate on the success stories of the great leaders who, through sheer determination, hard work, and trust in Allah, achieved what was thought to be impossible. Think of the success story of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) who, without hardly any material supports, did what no other person has done. Think of those who have been physically challenged and yet accomplished what others could not do through sheer determination and hard work.

3. List all the positive strengths you have which, even those who have been physically challenged or those who achieved great feats, did not possess.

4. Until such time that you have overcome laziness, it is important for you to associate with those who are successful or hard working. If you are a student, try to choose a study environment to read or study. Fight the temptation of studying at home until you have succeeded in mastering laziness.

5. Last but not least, start your day by counting the blessings of Allah and thus focusing on your strengths rather than on your weaknesses; and pray to Allah to grant you a day of glory, blessings and success. You may consistently make the following du`a’s:

Allahumma inni asbahtu minka fi ni`matin wa `afiyatin wa sitr fa atimma `alayya ni`mataka wa `afiyataka wa sitraka fi ad-dunya wa al-akhirah

(O Allah! I enjoy this morning Your gift of blessings, well being, and protection, all because of Your sheer favor; so consummate these gifts for me in this world and the next).

Allahumma inni a`udhu bika min al-`ajzi wa al-kasal wa al-jubni wa al-bukhl wa a`udhu bika min munkarati al-akhlaqi wa al-ahwa’

(O Allah! I seek refuge in You from feeling of helplessness, laziness, cowardice and niggardliness; I also seek refuge in You from all despicable traits and whims).

Allahumma inni as’aluka khayra hadha al-yawmi nasrahau wa fat-hahu wa barakatahu wa a`udhu bika min sharri hadha al-yawmi wa sharri ma ba`dahu

(O Allah! I beg You to grant me the best that this day holds out in terms of success, victory, and blessings; and I seek refuge in You from the worst that this day holds out and the day after).”

Also

“The perfect remedy for procrastination is to nurture sound faith in the manner of the Salaf As-Salih (pious predecessors).

Prior to Islam, they were a people without any sense of human achievement or performance, but once they were exposed to the empowering message of the Qur’an, they became energized and utterly transformed; they shook off their complacency and lethargy, and became peak performers and achievers. Whatever they touched was changed anew through their dynamic faith.

The Qur’an spoke thus about their faith, “Is he - who was once dead and then We revived him (through the message of Islam) and thus We appointed for him a light whereby he walks among people - comparable to one who is steeped in darkness, never able to come out of it?” (Al-An`am: 122)

The remedy for fighting procrastination, therefore, is to nurture such dynamic faith.

Coming to precise tips based on such a vision that one can readily apply in order to empower oneself and shake off the habit of procrastination, let us state the following:

1) Procrastination is a learned habit; habits are formed by repeated acts. So the best way to fight procrastination is to take immediate steps to do the thing one is postponing. So every time one is tempted to procrastinate, one must do whatever it takes to do just the opposite. It may be hard in the beginning, but by repeating it over and over, one learns to break the habit. This process must continue until one has learned the new habit and thus it becomes a second nature.

2) As you rise in the morning put yourself in a positive mind set by counting the blessings of Allah thus emulating the beautiful example of our beloved Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and praying to Allah to grant you a successful day full of blessings.

3) Try to start your work after Fajr for the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, prayed to Allah, “O Allah, bless my Ummah in their early morning endeavors.”

4) Turn to Allah in supplication and seek His help in fighting sloth, laziness and helplessness through the following prayers (Du`a’s):

Allahumma innee a`dhu bika mina al-‘ajzi wa al-kasal wa al-jubun wa al-bukhl wa ghalabati al-dayni wa qahri al-rrijaal

(O Allah, I seek refuge in You from helplessness, sloth, cowardice, niggardliness, and burden of debts and domineering men.)

Laa ilaaha illa Allaahu al-`azeem al-haleem, la ilaaha illa Allaahu rabbu al-`arshi al-`azeem, laa ilaaha illa Allaahu rabbu al-ssamaawaati wa al-ardhi wa rabbu al-`arshi al-kareem

(There is no god but Allah, the Glorious and Clement; there is no god but Allah, Lord of the Great Throne; there is no god but Allah, Lord of the heavens and earth and the Noble Throne).”

Taken from Islamonline

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Oh im probably just as lazy as you lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asim Khan
11-15-2009, 05:50 AM

Three months ago, I posted about the Hereafter to provide motivation to perform salah on time. I tried to describe a tent from a high grade of paradise (the description isn't in hadith). I heard brother Yasir Qadhi say that there are tents so vast that one can't see to the end, and I heard a hadith that the one who prays sunna along with the fard salah gets a palace in paradise. I would appreciate it if someone could give the text of this hadith, or otherwise verify it.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...43-namaaz.html

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:13 AM
You spelled Laziness incorrectly, lol :P.

Just make du'a to Allah(SWT) and you will be fine. You need to get someone to help you, if you can't help yourself. (family member, friend, etc).

Hamza Asadullah
11-15-2009, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim Khan

Three months ago, I posted about the Hereafter to provide motivation to perform salah on time. I tried to describe a tent from a high grade of paradise (the description isn't in hadith). I heard brother Yasir Qadhi say that there are tents so vast that one can't see to the end, and I heard a hadith that the one who prays sunna along with the fard salah gets a palace in paradise. I would appreciate it if someone could give the text of this hadith, or otherwise verify it.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...43-namaaz.html
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this is what your looking for:

Praying the 12 Sunnah Rakats each day

"Allah will build house in Jannah for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah rakat (as follows) 4 rakat before and 2 after Dhur, 2 after the Maghrib, 2 after Ishaa, and 2 before Fajr." (Tirmidhi)

Check out these threads for increasing the amount of good deeds we do and our imaan(faith) everyday:

10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50628

Very Rewarding Nafl Salaahs to Pray Everyday

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

Asim Khan
11-15-2009, 01:31 PM
JA, thank you so much for replying brother. InshAllah, tomorrow (when I get a chance to be at my computer) I'll check out these three links and take another look at the supplications above (I didn't read the whole article).

cat eyes
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I think every muslim should pray the sunnah because its well worth it like how long dose it take? just 2minutes. don't see that extra few minutes as taking up your time. see that extra few minutes making Allah swt happy with you. i see even muslims rushing in the compulsory like why are they rushing for? lol did anybody ever notice that

ardianto
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I just want to say thank you very much to brother Hamza81.
I have a same problem with sister AlHoda.

:)

AlHoda
11-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Jazakallahughair, I just have a question,about nafal salat. Do I havce to pray everyday ofmylife to get the reward?

May Allah (swt) bless you all.

Rafeeq
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Nafil Ebaadat should be done in such a quantity one can do it always, it will give more reward. As it is obvious people start offering Nawafil in later ages but if it is their habbit from youth, it is more rewarded in the eye of Allah.

But the nawafil you offer is rewarded.

happy
11-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Keep trying, make dua and never give up.

meer5sd
11-16-2009, 08:01 AM
thank to brother Hamza, good suggestions

Hamza Asadullah
11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
Jazakallahughair, I just have a question,about nafal salat. Do I havce to pray everyday ofmylife to get the reward?

May Allah (swt) bless you all.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister one cannot do Nafl without first fulfilling the fard so once your fard is correct then you should do as many sunnats and naflas as possible.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) related from Allah Most High that He said,

“… And my servant continues to draw closer to me by voluntary actions until I love him…” [Bukhari]

Voluntary nafl ibadat will aid us in the grave aswell as in the hereafter. If we have any deficiency in our fard prayer then our nafl prayers will cover the deficiencies. Also when were in the grave the nafl prayer will help us to avoid the grave punishment aswell as make us get close to Allah therefore more likely to gain his mercy.

Here are Nafl prayers we can do everyday:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

So let us fulfill our fard obligations to Allah and do as many sunnats and Nafl as possible so that we may get the closest to Allah and please him.

Asim Khan
11-17-2009, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) related from Allah Most High that He said,

“… And my servant continues to draw closer to me by voluntary actions until I love him…” [Bukhari]
Hadeeth Qudsi 23:

'Allah will say on the Day of Judgement: "Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade."'

John 5:

30. '[...]

41. I do not receive glory from people.

[...]

44. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?

[...]

47. [...]'

'The story of Socrates' life and teachings comes to us primarily in the writings of Plato, Socrates' devoted student. Here we focus on the very end of the great teacher's life.

[...]

'Socrates sees himself as a "gadfly" --"arousing," "persuading," "reproaching," "exhorting ... to ... virtue." He has tried to teach his students to put "virtue and wisdom" before their "private interests." He cannot hold his tongue because "this would be a disobedience to a divine command." And he cannot abandon his mission out of fear of death "or any other fear." He cannot give up teaching about the care of the soul. He has never yielded to injustice in either public or private life. His "only fear was the fear of doing an unrighteous or unholy thing." He has taught virtue for its own sake [...] "Men of Athens, I honor and love you; but I shall obey God rather than you, and while I have life and strength I shall never cease from the practice and teaching of philosophy."' (The Challenge of Politics, Riemer et al, p34), (http://books.google.com.pk/books?id=...choice&f=false p22)

Sahih Muslim, Number 68:

'There are three qualities for which any one who is characterised by them will relish the savour of faith: that he loves man and he does not love him but for Allah's sake alone; he is to whom Allah and His Messenger are dearer than all else; he who prefers to be thrown into fire than to return to unbelief after Allah has rescued him out of it.'

As-Salam-o-aliekum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.