/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Play spells out lessons on Islamophobia

Uthman
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
A school in Sandhurst tackled Islamophobia by becoming the first in the borough to welcome an award-winning Muslim theatre group to perform a special play.

The Khayaal Theatre group was at Sandhurst School in Owlsmoor Road last week to perform Herts & Minds – a play about identity and how a young person might become drawn into violence.

Khayaal Theatre is the UK’s first award-winning professional theatre company dedicated to the dramatic explorations of classic Muslim world literature and the experience of Muslims in the modern world.

Hearts & Minds focuses on Muslim teenager Asif whose views on the world are challenged by events around him and he finds he has to make some tough choices.

It aims to teach the audience some of the basic principals of Islam and counter perceptions that Islam may encourage revenge and violence.

The play has been specially commissioned by Reading-based Berkshire Forum Against Extremism and the Muslim Education Forum in Luton and supports the Government’s anti-racism initiative Prevent which is being rolled out across the UK.

Sam Hunt, assistant headteacher at Sandhurst School, said: “I hope the play, which forms part of the citizenship curriculum, will give the Year 10 students something to think about and discuss.

“We arranged for the play to be performed at the school because we wanted the debate to be far wider than just Islamic extremism.

“We want to tackle Islamophobia which appears to be growing in this country.

“The play and subsequent discussions among pupils will go a long way towards dispelling myths and misunderstandings about Islam.”

Pupils at the school will also be looking into extremism like neo-Nazism and animal rights protests to spark debate about positive protest.

Bracknell Forest councillors and members of the Bracknell Islamic Cultural Society have been invited to see the play.

Cllr Iain McCracken, executive member for public protection, said: “We are fortunate to live in an area where racial tensions are not a major problem.

“But it is important to open a dialogue about these issues, both in schools and in the wider community.

“This is an excellent play and there is an opportunity and funding for other schools and community groups to invite the theatre company to perform it.”

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
:bump: :bump1:

Supreme
11-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Any awareness of discrimination and its evils is to be welcomed. All discrimination is essentially the same, so hopefully this will not just tackle Islamophobia, but racism and homophobia too.

جوري
11-15-2009, 01:58 AM
why is a depraved sexual act a part of that list? how is what two men, or a pederast and his alter boy's sexual putrefaction akin to religious discrimination? I don't understand why every topic has to descend down the road of moral dissolution and incorporate newfangled ideas of appropriate and 'politically correct' and everyone is to jump on that band wagon or else!

One can't take joy in the mildest of effort without having it marred by some by some ridiculous comment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
11-15-2009, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
why is a depraved sexual act a part of that list? how is what two men, or a pederast and his alter boy's sexual putrefaction akin to religious discrimination? I don't understand why every topic has to descend down the road of moral dissolution and incorporate newfangled ideas of appropriate and 'politically correct' and everyone is to jump on that band wagon or else!

One can't take joy in the mildest of effort without having it marred by some by some ridiculous comment.
In our country, we do not believe that any discrimination is acceptable. That includes the rights of consenting adults in sexual relations, although it's clear you're availing to take the thread off its course.

czgibson
11-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Greetings,
People get sometimes get discriminated against on the grounds of their sexuality and sometimes on the grounds of their religion. The connection is obvious. Maybe you can't see it because you've been brought up to hate homosexuality, so you think that kind of prejudice is normal.

Peace

JaffaCake
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
In our country, we do not believe that any discrimination is acceptable.
Who's "we", and what do you mean by "any discrimination"?

If you can't discriminate based on how people think and act, how are you supposed to make any kind of decision where people are involved?

Supreme
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

People get sometimes get discriminated against on the grounds of their sexuality and sometimes on the grounds of their religion. The connection is obvious. Maybe you can't see it because you've been brought up to hate homosexuality, so you think that kind of prejudice is normal.

Peace
Especially seeing as discrimination is essentially the same. Anyone who claims to hate racism and yet perpetuates homophobia is nothing more that a bigoted hypocrite.

Supreme
11-15-2009, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JaffaCake
Who's "we", and what do you mean by "any discrimination"?

If you can't discriminate based on how people think and act, how are you supposed to make any kind of decision where people are involved?
Ah, my mistake, I meant the sociological discrimination. Statistical discrimination is necessary.

JaffaCake
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Do you agree with religious discrimination?

Supreme
11-15-2009, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JaffaCake
Do you agree with religious discrimination?
Me? Absoloutely not. Everybody should be able to worship whatever god they want.

GuestFellow
11-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Any awareness of discrimination and its evils is to be welcomed. All discrimination is essentially the same, so hopefully this will not just tackle Islamophobia, but racism and homophobia too.
I do believe Homosexuality is a sin however I have nothing against laws to tackle Homophobia. I have heard of cases where homosexuals do get attacked for no reason and there is some form of hatred against homosexuals which should be tackled.

جوري
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
In our country, we do not believe that any discrimination is acceptable. That includes the rights of consenting adults in sexual relations, although it's clear you're availing to take the thread off its course.
Do people usually know what goes in other people's bedrooms, unless people advertise it? The only way you'd receive 'sexual discrimination' is if you were making your sexuality known to other people. Folks don't usually advertise that they are heterosexual and march in parades wearing tiny colorful speedos in front of children. If it isn't acceptable from heteros, then it isn't acceptable from homos.
I like the way you project.. a topic of Islamophobia has to have a mention of a depraved sexual act where the 'immorality squad' are sure to come by with their BB guns, and I am the one steering the topic off course... Funny stuff!

Greetings,

Peace
It is funny how you know so much about my life and how I was brought up? You must be psychic? I didn't know atheists had crystal balls :shade: I didn't practice Islam until my early twenties a handful of years.. I didn't know about homosexuality until I came to the western world and was well into my teens, It isn't something that the normal 'natural mind conceives;, and I have learned about from non-Muslim people 'in health class', not my parents, but by folks who were trying to initiate me into the 'okayness' of the act. I have never had the discussion with my family, or religious figures.. it is common sense that is clearly lacking in someone whose entire morality and behavior code is skewed and very questionable!

all the best

titus
11-15-2009, 04:43 PM
The only way you'd receive 'sexual discrimination' is if you were making your sexuality known to other people.
I walk down the street with my wife holding hands. We got married in front of our friends and family. We have even been known to give each other kisses in front of other people.

People all the time introduce other people to their wives and their girlfriends, their husbands and their boyfriends. When they do this they are, in effect, publicizing their sexuality.

If it is not an issue what goes on between two adults in the privacy of their own bedroom, then why should they feel the need to hide it? Noone is saying that you have, or should, accept it. What they are saying that is that these people should not persecuted because of it, or discriminated against.

جوري
11-15-2009, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
I walk down the street with my wife holding hands. We got married in front of our friends and family. We have even been known to give each other kisses in front of other people.

People all the time introduce other people to their wives and their girlfriends, their husbands and their boyfriends. When they do this they are, in effect, publicizing their sexuality.

If it is not an issue what goes on between two adults in the privacy of their own bedroom, then why should they feel the need to hide it? Noone is saying that you have, or should, accept it. What they are saying that is that these people should not persecuted because of it, or discriminated against.
and what does any of this have to do with a topic on Islamophobia? Tolerance doesn't equate to acceptance of homosexuality.. I wasn't proposing folks beat on homos anymore than I am suggesting they beat on necrophiliacs or pederasts .. however what they do, should be confined to their personal life ( if a depraved society doesn't see it fit to punish or at least offer help to frank deviance) there is no room for a public spectacle and certainly not an opportunity to force others to accept views that are in not in concert with ones personal ideals!

Fishman
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I do believe Homosexuality is a sin however I have nothing against laws to tackle Homophobia. I have heard of cases where homosexuals do get attacked for no reason and there is some form of hatred against homosexuals which should be tackled.
Exactly. Whatever weirdness homosexuals get up to in their private lives is not of our concern, and certainly shouldn't be the government's. If homosexuals are victimised and abused they are just as entitled to sympathy as anybody else.

Back on topic, I don't see how anybody can condemn initiatives such as these. Drama is a very good way to get a point across, as the viewer gets to see and hear the emotion of the characters involved, not just read about it, or see a depiction of it on a screen.

Still, it is a shame that even though Muslims praise projects like this, the bodies in charge of Islamic schools or Madrassae would not think of running similar projects in favour of people that Muslims often stereotype or discriminate against. For example Jews (the amount of nonsense I have heard about Jews is simply bonkers, though it doesn't happen that much on these forums), or, dare I say this, homosexuals (the fact that Muslims regard homosexual acts as sinful doesn't justify all the bizzare myths and overeactions about them).
However, I imagine there is similar hypocrisy in conservative Christian schools as well. I long for the day when the religious are not blinded by empty dogmatism and 'towing the party line'. :cry:

titus
11-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I wasn't proposing folks beat on homos anymore than I am suggesting they beat on necrophiliacs or pederasts .. however what they do, should be confined to their personal life
Confined to their personal life in what way?

What if someone made the same comment about Muslims, that they should confine it to their personal life and not let it be made public? They aren't saying that Muslims should be beaten, simply that they need to keep their Islam at home where no one else can see it.

That would be wrong. That would be discrimination. You should be allowed to practice your religion without hiding it. Yes, people of other religions may think you are going to Hell because of it, but that is their issue. You may feel that homosexuals are going to Hell for what they believe, but that is your issue. Neither group should be discriminated against for what they believe.

czgibson
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Greetings,
It is funny how you know so much about my life and how I was brought up? You must be psychic? I didn't know atheists had crystal balls :shade: I didn't practice Islam until my early twenties a handful of years.. I didn't know about homosexuality until I came to the western world and was well into my teens, It isn't something that the normal 'natural mind conceives;, and I have learned about from non-Muslim people 'in health class', not my parents, but by folks who were trying to initiate me into the 'okayness' of the act. I have never had the discussion with my family, or religious figures.. it is common sense that is clearly lacking in someone whose entire morality and behavior code is skewed and very questionable!
Are you saying that you developed this particular hatred all by yourself?

I always thought you were born a Muslim - my mistake if that's not true. Sorry. Still, the connection between these two types of discrimination ought to be obvious to anyone.

When I first saw that this play was being put on in Sandhurst, I thought it had something to do with trainee officers in the army - putting it on for them might not be a bad idea as well.

Peace

جوري
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Confined to their personal life in what way?

What if someone made the same comment about Muslims, that they should confine it to their personal life and not let it be made public? They aren't saying that Muslims should be beaten, simply that they need to keep their Islam at home where no one else can see it.

That would be wrong. That would be discrimination. You should be allowed to practice your religion without hiding it. Yes, people of other religions may think you are going to Hell because of it, but that is their issue. You may feel that homosexuals are going to Hell for what they believe, but that is your issue. Neither group should be discriminated against for what they believe.

Islam isn't a depraved sexual act.
That is where sexual acts (of any nature) belong --in private, until such a time coupling like donkeys in public becomes the norm, that is what is acceptable social mores the world over .. Again, I fail to see any connection between the topic and non-standard acts of lewdness?.. Normal acts of sexuality aren't to be made public, let alone depraved ones and that is what homos define themselves, solely on their sexuality... in what way is there semblance between religions and screwing another guy?

You should seek a permit to write!

جوري
11-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Greetings,

Do you hate pederasts and necrophiliacs? labeling me hateful is your view because you are unable to distinguish the difference of not accepting and finding an act abominable and how that differs from hatred toward a random person.
I always thought you were born a Muslim - my mistake if that's not true. Sorry. Still, the connection between these two types of discrimination ought to be obvious to anyone.
Can a Muslim not be practicing? and no I don't see a connection between the two, not even by a long stretch of the imagination.
Religion and skewed deviant sexual acts as per DSM-II are in concert as under water basket weaving and zollinger Ellison syndrome.

all the best

GuestFellow
11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Still, the connection between these two types of discrimination ought to be obvious to anyone.
Can you demonstrate this?

Supreme
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Islam isn't a depraved sexual act.
That is where sexual acts (of any nature) belong --in private, until such a time coupling like donkeys in public becomes the norm, that is what is acceptable social mores the world over .. Again, I fail to see any connection between the topic and non-standard acts of lewdness?.. Normal acts of sexuality aren't to be made public, let alone depraved ones and that is what homos define themselves, solely on their sexuality... in what way is there semblance between religions and screwing another guy?

You should seek a permit to write!
Your posts are nothing short of repulsive; your views abhorrent; and your style, deliberately antagonising. Islam may not be a depraved sexual act, but to some, very narrow minded people (you might like them), it is a depraved religion. Does that mean we ought to restrict the parading of Islam on the streets? Of course not. Please do not start going off on a tangent about whether people with sexual orientations to your dislike should be prohibited from living their lives. I would have thought, being in a Muslim minority yourself, you may have experienced discrimination and its horrors before- but evidently not.

Supreme
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Can you demonstrate this?
Both stem for an irrational hatred; both are directed against a minority; both are perpetuated with people with a poor understanding on the topic matter; both are against what people choose to do within the law.

Fishman
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Your posts are nothing short of repulsive; your views abhorrent; and your style, deliberately antagonising. Islam may not be a depraved sexual act, but to some, very narrow minded people (you might like them), it is a depraved religion. Does that mean we ought to restrict the parading of Islam on the streets? Of course not. Please do not start going off on a tangent about whether people with sexual orientations to your dislike should be prohibited from living their lives. I would have thought, being in a Muslim minority yourself, you may have experienced discrimination and its horrors before- but evidently not.
'You must spread some more reputation around before giving it to Supreme again'

:thumbs_up

جوري
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I find the your posts farcical at best, inept at drawing conclusions from what is actually written, if this thread were purely for discussing personal feelings).. then please allow me to comment of someone shedding his roots to be accepted of the time, with absolutely nothing of substance to impart on any topic scientifically or religiously, but merely parroting what is current status quo for 'political correctitude' not of convictions, and thank you for exemplifyingthis with each successive post.

No, being a Muslim 'a majority religion' 1.86 billion doesn't rouse any me feelings of acceptance toward a depraved sexual act, and your views on me as a person isn't going to give it a nudge in any particular direction. just cements my opinion that christians are generally hypocrites.. at least atheists rid themselves of what religions as a whole find to be at odds with acceptable social mores, and I'll agree that if they were purely naturalists they would feel the same way, though not from a moral stand point but from the need to carry on a useless habits that don't from the lowest common denominator allow for the perpetuation of the specie.

Perhaps now after your public catharsis and minority approval you can focus on the task at hand or stay out of the thread all together?

all the best of course

GuestFellow
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Both stem for an irrational hatred; both are directed against a minority; both are perpetuated with people with a poor understanding on the topic matter; both are against what people choose to do within the law.
Any form of sexual activities I believe should remain indoors. That is why we have privacy in our lives. People can indulge in whatever sexual activities they want but I don't understand why it has to be made public? I'm personally against all forms of public display of affection...

I know some men who act feminine and get attacked. I agree that laws should protect homosexuals from getting attacked or being mistreated.

Justufy
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
This shouldn’t be a debate at all, homosexuals are entitled to the same rights as anyone else, this includes freedom of speech and the freedom to their own sexual practices. and the right to be defended against any discrimination.
so there we are.

No, being a Muslim 'a majority religion' 1.86 billion
Nice call to the majority:hiding

جوري
11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Any form of sexual activities I believe should remain indoors. That is why we have privacy in our lives. People can indulge in whatever sexual activities they want but I don't understand why it has to be made public? I'm personally against all forms of public display of affection...

I know some men who act feminine and get attacked. I agree that laws should protect homosexuals from getting attacked or being mistreated.
pls don't dignify the conclusion drawn by someone who fails to read what is actually written by cementing it with approval.
We hate the sin not the sinner, and I think that should have been overtly obvious-- in the simpleton mind if you don't jump on a member of the same sex it automatically denotes you are a homophobe .. terms they create to sweep all under one rug and allow only for very disingenuous dialogue to promote a very disgusting agenda out that you can't even point out what ails it without being assailed by a barrage of tasteless insults as their own cowardice dictates the stage!

:w:

czgibson
11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Greetings,
I couldn't agree more.

Peace

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-15-2009, 06:04 PM
pls don't dignify the conclusion drawn by someone who fails to read what is actually written by cementing it with approval.
We hate the sin not the sinner, and I think that should have been overtly obvious-- in the simpleton mind if you don't jump on a member of the same sex it automatically denotes you are a homophobe .. terms they create to sweep all under one rug and allow only for very disingenuous dialogue to promote a very disgusting agenda out that you can't even point out what ails it without being assailed by a barrage of tasteless insults as their own cowardice dictates the stage!

:w:
I think some people forget the nations mentioned in the Quran that Allah(swt) overthrew..though I agree we're all entitled to rights. But it's a pain when people think its ok to support homosexual acts and behave differently to the acts of modesty. People don't know when and where to draw the line, hence a ridiculously nuttered and confused world! No one can make up their mind and it's fairly apparent :/

جوري
11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I think some people forget the nations mentioned in the Quran that Allah(swt) overthrew..though I agree we're all entitled to rights. But it's a pain when people think its ok to support homosexual acts and behave differently to the acts of modesty. People don't know when and where to draw the line, hence a ridiculously nuttered and confused world!
people want to embody the en vogue disposition that encompasses the current tides of social values, mores and popular opinion (which in and of itself doesn't echo the genuine feelings of people at large) out of fear of repercussion of being labeled something distasteful that one actually isn't, they'd let it go.. but to what end? .. Anything that falls outside of those bounds has to be neatly wrapped up in a bow with the appropriate label (even if not fitting the theme) since it makes it easy to rip into. The position never argues or controverts, rather it asserts and certain in its assertions that it is correct and just. And that is fine with me personally. I don't need an army to exonerate me the spite of an injured man and those tending to his wounds while attributing feelings or words to me that I didn't actually part with but that makes them feel better about their own ailing position on the matter!

I didn't get this far by caving in or by being stupid!
and certainly not out of playing the race/religion//sex/female/minority card.. but through hard work, unwavering convictions and determination..

If it means that one guy and his army of two come here in a mob like scene to congratulate each other and cause a minor itch, then so be it..

:wa:

GuestFellow
11-15-2009, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I think some people forget the nations mentioned in the Quran that Allah(swt) overthrew..though I agree we're all entitled to rights. But it's a pain when people think its ok to support homosexual acts and behave differently to the acts of modesty. People don't know when and where to draw the line, hence a ridiculously nuttered and confused world! No one can make up their mind and it's fairly apparent :/
Well as times moves on society changes and so does their values. This world will always be confused without someone setting the guidelines. Some people cannot do anything to stop these changes and sometimes we have to tolerate them. Why do I get the feeling someday someone might try to legalize Pedophilia O______o

titus
11-15-2009, 08:21 PM
in the simpleton mind if you don't jump on a member of the same sex it automatically denotes you are a homophobe .
Who has said this, or even implied this here? The statement is just absurd.

جوري
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Who has said this, or even implied this here? The statement is just absurd.
as absurd as making such a statement with assertion?

Does the code for absurdity in your mind only have value when it goes unchallenged and without a counter-balance?

all the best!

Uthman
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
We have had plenty of threads about homosexuality and homophobia, but this thread should really be about the article posted at the beginning of the thread, or the issues discussed therein. Can we kindly return to discussing that, please? Thanks everyone.

جوري
11-15-2009, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
We have had plenty of threads about homosexuality and homophobia, but this thread should really be about the article posted at the beginning of the thread, or the issues discussed therein. Can we kindly return to discussing that, please? Thanks everyone.
Do you think that is possible? I have asked for that with my first post here--Everything here is orchestrated to deflect away from the current crisis facing Muslims, and any attempt to correct that stance, has to be tailed with a devious extra or else. What a slap in the face.. in order for you to file charges against your rapists, you must also admit you were a scantily clad w hore... funny stuff!

Supreme
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
people want to embody the en vogue disposition that encompasses the current tides of social values, mores and popular opinion (which in and of itself doesn't echo the genuine feelings of people at large) out of fear of repercussion of being labeled something distasteful that one actually isn't, they'd let it go.. but to what end? .. Anything that falls outside of those bounds has to be neatly wrapped up in a bow with the appropriate label (even if not fitting the theme) since it makes it easy to rip into. The position never argues or controverts, rather it asserts and certain in its assertions that it is correct and just. And that is fine with me personally. I don't need an army to exonerate me the spite of an injured man and those tending to his wounds while attributing feelings or words to me that I didn't actually part with but that makes them feel better about their own ailing position on the matter!

and certainly not out of playing the race/religion//sex/female/minority card.. but through hard work, unwavering convictions and determination..

If it means that one guy and his army of two come here in a mob like scene to congratulate each other and cause a minor itch, then so be it..

I've clearly upset you sister, for which I apologise.

جوري
11-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I've clearly upset you sister, for which I apologise.
You haven't upset me, in spite of any which way you may view me, I don't bear a fellow human being ill will.. It is just opinion, and let's leave it in that context without making it personal!

peace

GuestFellow
11-15-2009, 10:31 PM
“We want to tackle Islamophobia which appears to be growing in this country.

“The play and subsequent discussions among pupils will go a long way towards dispelling myths and misunderstandings about Islam.”
Great! Hopefully people will get a objective view of Islam instead of the trash that the media feeds the whole population of the UK.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-16-2009, 03:25 AM

You said it...:D lol. But that's the difference with us...we don't just go with the flow :p

Well as times moves on society changes and so does their values. This world will always be confused without someone setting the guidelines. Some people cannot do anything to stop these changes and sometimes we have to tolerate them. Why do I get the feeling someday someone might try to legalize Pedophilia O______o

You never know! The weirdest and most abhorrent things r legalized :skeleton:

Ok so0o0o maybe we should talk about the article.

Pygoscelis
11-17-2009, 09:42 PM
The only way you'd receive 'sexual discrimination' is if you were making your sexuality known to other people.
The only way you'd receive "religious discrimination" is if you were making your religion known to other people. Religion is more of a choice than sexual orientation is.

Perhaps religious worship should be done in private and religious places of worship disguised. I'm not advocating beating up religious pepole but there is no room for a public spectacle and certainly not an opportunity to force others to accept views that are in not in concert with ones personal ideals!

Its amazing how bigots can complain about the bigotry of others.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-17-2009, 09:44 PM
^^For us it's not so much as making it known, it's a part of every aspect of our life. It's not one of those religions you hide in your closet along with your clothes once you step out or take it out once in a while like your changing clothes...

That's why we call it "deen," refers to a way of life, including every bit of our life...

titus
11-18-2009, 03:11 AM
For us it's not so much as making it known, it's a part of every aspect of our life.
I think you may have missed his point.

جوري
11-18-2009, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
The only way you'd receive "religious discrimination" is if you were making your religion known to other people. Religion is more of a choice than sexual orientation is.

Perhaps religious worship should be done in private and religious places of worship disguised. I'm not advocating beating up religious pepole but there is no room for a public spectacle and certainly not an opportunity to force others to accept views that are in not in concert with ones personal ideals!
Religion is expressed by the majority of people who regardless of constituents (banner) believe in the same altruistic set of morals and principles.. those principles are agreed upon by most societies for millenniums and practiced the world over.. they didn't go into psychiatry text books as deviant acts and certainly weren't punishable by law as was the case in the 'western civilized' world not thirty years ago.. in fact the deviation and perversity of taking it up yours from another man is as outlandish to the majority as is the minority religion of atheism (yet the majority is tolerant of atheists and homos alike) again 'tolerance' doesn't and shouldn't denote acceptance or applause. and if you need either after each performance than I'll venture your problems go beyond what anyone is equipped to handle-- Majority rule is how democratic societies are run, and such societies aren't made up by atheists nor homos..

That is again, if we are to make taking it up yours akin to religion, where there is actually no similarity, and if we are actually agreeing that homos are being discriminated against based on getting bent and not some other lewd reason which society at large doesn't find acceptable .. I understand having skewed 'morals', disables you from setting the baseline to a level that the majority find acceptable.. so one day homos are akin to theists, and the next kleptomaniacs are akin to homos, and the third day atheists are akin to drag queens, the fourth day drag queens are akin to necrophiliacs, and pretty soon, you can just live lawlessly because, 'well hey, who are you to deny me a hedonistic life style, when I am tolerant of you praying, and frankly let me scratch that given your views on veiled women) making you a hypocrite at best and tolerant of no one, but I personally think you are something far more base! .. you can do what you want with your pals on your own private time, the line has been drawn here for you, so you don't have to wonder where it is.., and if you don't like it, then you can always ask for a ban, before a ban finds you!

Its amazing how bigots can complain about the bigotry of others.
many things are amazing indeed.. a drumbeater and a hypocrite like you for instance remaining for years on an Islamic forum with your degenerate approach and frank abuse of your hosts-- what can we say, it is a strange world on a down-world spiral and I imagine that is the way you like it!

all the best!

titus
11-18-2009, 04:01 AM
again 'tolerance' doesn't and shouldn't denote acceptance or applause
I don't believe anyone is arguing that. What they are saying that people should be allowed to live as they like, openly, without being discriminated against if they are not hurting anyone else.

Muslims should be able to walk down the street without having abuse hurled at them. They should be allowed to practice their religion openly. They should not be denied jobs or benefits because of their chosen way of life.

The same thing should go for all religions, all races, all nationalities and all those that like to have it taken up yours or those that like the taste of carpet.

جوري
11-18-2009, 04:11 AM
I don't believe anyone is arguing that. .
He has no point to argue.. He received a four liter enema and had to empty it out somewhere.. This is the best place since the mods love to turn a blind eye to him, and he can pretend his **** doesn't stink, feign his smarmy self-aggrandizing manifesto a Pulitzer winner!

The topic was finished on page one.. anything more is a bowel evac. if you can tolerate it!

all the best!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.