/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No public probe into Iraq 'abuse'

GuestFellow
11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Fresh allegations of abuse by the UK military in Iraq do not warrant a new public inquiry, the Armed Forces Minister Bill Rammell has said.

^ Click the link above to read the article.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ar-RaYYan
11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
This is one of the reasons why i chose not to wear a poppy.

GuestFellow
11-14-2009, 10:17 PM
^ I forgot what a poppy is supposed to mean. :/ Gosh I got such a awful memory...

Yes the soldier conduct is sounds truly horrific. I'm pretty sure these so called ''allegations'' are not far off from the truth!

cat eyes
11-14-2009, 10:50 PM
:sl:

the poppy stands for the remembrance of the soldiers who were killed. you see because of the fact that its red i always thought it only stood for british soldiers but apparently some people on this forum said that it stands for every soldier who has been killed hummmm:statisfie
:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
11-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm reviled by such awful news. Britain is supposed to be part of the 'free' West, but some of the recent revelations are going to give us no moral credibility whatsoever. If it were me in Government, I'd ensure all the perpetrators (especially the two soldiers who raped an eighteen year old man) would be punished to the full extent of the law, just as any other British citizen. Not only was the Iraq war illegal and ethically wrong, but things like this happened. Soldiers are trained to kill other soldiers; not rape innocent civilians.

Joe98
11-16-2009, 01:30 AM
And the Iraqi govt announced some years ago that they would not make any enquiries into all the Iraqi's who mutilitaed/raped/killed other Iraqis during the insurgency.

-

-

GuestFellow
11-16-2009, 04:45 AM
^ Right and the UK government should set a good example and investigate further since UK stands for democracy, peace and justice. >_>

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2009, 05:25 AM
surprise surprise...

titus
11-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Right and the UK government should set a good example and investigate further since UK stands for democracy, peace and justice.
Right on. Too often countries forget their morals and what they stand for during conflicts. If you want other countries to live up to an ideal then you need to live up to that ideal yourself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.