/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Year 1400

AnonymousPoster
11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Salaam,

Brothers and sisters someone told me that after the Islamic year 1400 nothing is written .. this is according to a hadith - sorry i cant say which one as i dont know. I know that does not help..but is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-16-2009, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salaam,

Brothers and sisters someone told me that after the Islamic year 1400 nothing is written .. this is according to a hadith - sorry i cant say which one as i dont know. I know that does not help..but is this true?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, what do you mean nothing is written? The major signs of the day of judgement referred to in the Sunnah and the Qur'an are yet to come but the minor signs have been fulfilled and are still being fulfilled today.

rpwelton
11-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Well currently it's 1430 A.H. and the world hasn't ended yet. Besides, when Rasulullah gave signs for the Day of Judgment, he NEVER attached a year to them.

ardianto
11-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Salaam,

I think someone who told you that nothing written after year 1400 has influenced by "2012".
No one know when will the Day of Judgment comes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Since the year 1400 AH came and went 30 years ago, I find that a bit hard to believe. About the only thing I recall happen was at about that time I had my 40th birthday. At the time I saw that as the end of the earth. But, I don't think it was a world shattering event.

AnonymousPoster
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM
You know how everything is written in the book of decree i think she meant that?

AnonymousPoster
11-17-2009, 10:25 AM
so everything is written up until the day of judgement then?

Muslimlearner
11-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I am not sure what ,,everything written,,means?

We know from hadeeths what will happen and after the Judgement Day...
May Allah makes it easy for us!

Rafeeq
11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
No body knows when the time ends, except Allah. What max. we guess, as Akhee Hamza81 said, through signs revealed in Hadeeth and mostly, we are seeing now a days. Only very major one just before the end of time are balance.

AnonymousPoster
11-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I dont know think i will have to ask what she exactly meant.

I think she meant to book of decree - how everythin is written in that - but then stops at the year 1400

Al-Indunisiy
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I thought the hadith states year 1500.

AnonymousPoster
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Indunisiy
oh so you agree everything is written up to a particular year then?

Hamza Asadullah
11-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, before the end of the world let us worry about the end of our life which can come in ANY second, what have we prepared for it?

If you want to read up about the Major signs of the day of judgement that are to come then click onto this website:

http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

Sampharo
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
You know how everything is written in the book of decree i think she meant that?
Brothers, what are you talking about? Book of decree... hadith mentioning a Year 1400 or 1500... No such thing in Islam and no hadith ever mentioned date of ending.

Like another here mentioned, seemed to be someone out of his/her own imagination thinking of 2012 and trying to come up with Islamic references. We have been through this whole search of the End of Times and trying to find indications and signals within ancient text, which was explained to be part of the major sin of fortunetelling, so we hope it does not deteriorate into that again.

"They ask thee about the (final) Hour - when will be its appointed time? Say: "The knowledge thereof is with my Lord (alone): None but He can reveal as to when it will occur. Heavy were its burden through the heavens and the earth. Only, all of a sudden will it come to you." They ask thee as if thou were eager in search thereof: Say: "The knowledge thereof is with Allah (alone), but most men know not." [7:187]"

AnonymousPoster
11-18-2009, 11:30 AM
There is something called book of decree.
i am not saying the world is going to end in 1400/ 1500 i think you are mistaken.

Everything is pre-destined as Allah knows our actions etc and everything is written in the book of decree. What my friend is trying to say all our actions are written up until the year 1400.

Does that make sense?

Binyamine
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Peace Mercy And Blessing Of Allah be upon all of us.

One of my cousin who is Tabligh once told me this!!!

But they never gave the source...may be it is a fabricated hadeeth!!!

Allah Knows Best.

SamyD
11-18-2009, 11:59 AM
There is something called book of decree.
i am not saying the world is going to end in 1400/ 1500 i think you are mistaken.

Everything is pre-destined as Allah knows our actions etc and everything is written in the book of decree. What my friend is trying to say all our actions are written up until the year 1400.

Does that make sense?
Sorry it doesn't make sense, cos only Allah knows the answer on your question. There are so many things we do not know about and we shouldn't try to find something we won't find after all.
We can only take what is written in the Quran and trustful ahadeeth (like saheehs).
Everyone can make a nonsense claim like that but what is her proof that the decree is written up to 1400. Where did you get that from. Many ahadeeth are fake, so please be aware where you get your information from

AnonymousPoster
11-18-2009, 12:37 PM
so your telling me our life isnt written out then?

Hamza Asadullah
11-18-2009, 09:50 PM
so your telling me our life isnt written out then?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, brother in life there will be many people who will tell you many different things but it does'nt mean they are all true. What you must have heard is one of these things that we all hear in life and that is something that is clearly untrue and false.

If someone has not given you reliable and proper scholarly work and consensus on the matter then just leave it and get on with what is important in your life and what is important is that you learn the basics of Islam first and then build your way up and learn from learned reliable scholars and teachers and make the best of every second of your life before you own time is up but don't involve yourself with trivial matters that will not get you anywhere but get your more and more confused.

There is nothing in what you say so leave it and get on with what is most important.

Al-Indunisiy
11-18-2009, 10:21 PM
REFERENCES:

1. "THE LIFE OF MY COMMUNITY WILL NOT EXTEND MUCH PAST 1500 YEARS." (Suyuti, Al-Kashf 'an Mujawazat Hadhihi al-Ummah al-Alf, 'Al-Hawi lil-Fatawi', Suyuti. 2/248, (Arabic) 4/262, Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Kitab al-`Ilal, P. 89).
2. “The life of this community will exceed 1,000 years, yet be limited to 1,500 years.” (Portents of Doomsday, 299).

AnonymousPoster
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Isnt there such a book called - book of decree where our life is written?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.