/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic clothing for women

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Hello,
I'm going to need a lot of information regarding this as i'm trying to pratice Islam the correct way.

Can someone please explain to me how women in Islam are supposed to dress, what is obligatory and what is optional and also give examples of 'modest clothing'.

I understand that Hijab is very important but this is one issue that i'm very confused about as i see a lot of women wearing Hijab but at the same time wearing revealing clothing below and do haram things like 'free-mixing', eating haram foods etc (in public)..

Thank You :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
anyone?? ..................

cat eyes
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
:sl:
Hey sis how are you well i wear the burqa myself and a jeans underneath

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey :) Well, i think that's reli cool! You can be yourself on the inside and nobody knows!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I think it's ok as long as it isn't tight and revealing, you mentioned women who wear hijaab and wear revealing clothing underneath, well that isn't hijaab that's just a women wearing a head scarf :)

hijaab is when you cover everything not just wear a head scarf and hide your hair, I think as long as you were loose clothes that don't expose your body and show your features it's ok.

many women wear burqa's and underneath wear whatever they like. That's the most common I think.

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Ohh, thank you for clarifying that for me squiggle ^_^..

Is the Burqa necessary? Some people have told me that as long as you wear 'modest clothing' where you don't reveal anything and everything is loosely fitted, then its ok. Others have told me that wearing the 'burqa' is complusory.. i don't get it :(

Salahudeen
11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
^ hmm I'm not sure what the correct opinion is sis, but I don't see anything wrong as long as the clothing is modest and doesn't reveal anything after all that's just what a burka does doesn't it. it's loosely fitted and doesn't reveal anything.

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, i'm not sure either... i'm just getting lots of opinions from people! lol..

Salahudeen
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
lol I'll try and find out for you sister. I'm sure a sister has had this querie before and will be able to clarify. they're probably all cooking or something at the moment. and haven't read your thread.

Rafeeq
11-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Any kind of clothes of your choice which do not reveal your body is acceptable in Islam. Like sister Cat Eyes told. She likes jeans she wears but for herself.

GuestFellow
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xsmilesx
Hello,
I'm going to need a lot of information regarding this as i'm trying to pratice Islam the correct way.

Can someone please explain to me how women in Islam are supposed to dress, what is obligatory and what is optional and also give examples of 'modest clothing'.

I understand that Hijab is very important but this is one issue that i'm very confused about as i see a lot of women wearing Hijab but at the same time wearing revealing clothing below and do haram things like 'free-mixing', eating haram foods etc (in public)..

Wear clothes that does not show your figure. Wear a headscarf and wear clothes that are not tight or revealing. It is actually not hard to put into practice...simple!!!

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Lol, aww, don't worry, i shall research myself instead of being lazy.
I need to cook too (which reminds me :$)... I'll need a happy husband back from work soon :).
Also, i'm sorry, i couldn't find a similar thread on here!

Salahudeen
11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Wear clothes that does not show your figure. Wear a headscarf and wear clothes that are not tight or revealing. It is actually not hard to put into practice...simple!!!

there u go sis. :D

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank you everyone, currently, i wear headscarf and clothes that are not tight-fitted or revealing.. i just wanted to look more into things, just incase i'm doing something wrong :$ lol

mammyluty
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xsmilesx
Hello,

salam sister all i know is
1 it should not be light in colour eg yellow pink.
2 it should not be tight to reviel your body figure
3 it shoult not resemble any other faiths like the catholics.
4 it should be plain no glitters or designs on it.
5 it should cover the womans awra n thats the whole body except the face n the palms.
6 it should not resemble the men clothing.
7 it should not have a belt that will reveal ur curves

you should consider all this when u decide what u want to wear.sister i see alot of muslims wearing the right hijab but they still put make up n wear high heels n they shave thier eye brows{Is it eye brows or eye lashes}any way all these are haram things for a woman to do in public.a woman should not stump her feet when shes walkin so as not to attract attention n not reveal ur beauty by puttng make up!hope it clears ur doubt sister May Allah guide us to the straight path.

جوري
11-15-2009, 07:30 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...-clothing.html

AlHoda
11-15-2009, 07:43 PM
You should wear a big headscarf and not thight clothes.

AlHoda
11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I my self do not wear the niqab but i would like to. It seems very beautiful to me.

KNX
11-15-2009, 07:52 PM
"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the believing women to draw their cloaks all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known so as not be annoyed. And Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful." The Holy Qur'an 33:59

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful." The Holy Qur'an 24:31

Abu Hurayrah stated, "Allah's messenger (pbuh) cursed the man that wears the clothing of the woman and the woman that wears the clothing of a man" Reported Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah and Al-Hakim.

"Prophet (pbuh) said: Whoever wears clothing seeking to stand out and seeking fame in this world, Allah will dress him with clothing of humiliation on the Day of Resurrection, then it will be set ablaze" Reported by Abu Dawood and Ibn Majah

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Thank you everyone! Sister Skye, your posts on the other thread really helped me find lots of islamic clothing, so thank you for that especially :).

جوري
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Jazaki Allah khyran.. I especially like the store Aab even though I don't always buy or wear jilbabs when I do, that store carries the simplest and most elegant ones..and the quality is fantastic in spite of the slightly inflated price tag (I personally love sponsoring Muslim businesses)

it is unfortunate that Marabo closed of late.. brook samad a jewish convert to Islam made exceptional quality Italian wool skirts of great color and quality in kickbox pleats.. but I don't think she received enough to keep in business.

:wa:

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Ohh.. i tried to go on Marabo as you posted the link on the other thread (i think that was the name), but i couldn't view the webpage! I also love plain, elegant designs, some of the price tags in certain stores are indeed inflated but the materials are so beautiful and comfortable.

جوري
11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
al7mdlillah I managed to purchase every skirt I could from her before she closed lol
people always stop me and ask me where I purchased those skirts from, the quality is exceptional I can't stand synthetics and I refuse to buy it.. I am very sorry that she is no longer in business, maybe insha'Allah, she'll re-open in the future.. we can only hope..

:wa:

xsmilesx
11-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Aww, you sound like me :$ lol, i'm not a very big fan of synthetics but i've got very sensitive skin, therefore prefer better quality for comfort. I love going abroad and buying clothes, but that happens very rarely, unfortunately.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.