/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pls help

AnonymousPoster
11-15-2009, 09:11 AM
i like refuting anti-Islamic articles, and all that refutation business tends to interest me so sometimes this will require me to look into and read the scriptures of other faiths and beliefs. so the prob arises becuase i really and truly feel that such texts and knowledge is a fitnah for me and my iman :exhausted what do i do? parts of me is like keep going, someone might become interested in islam though you (not that im in the habit of flattering myself or anything:embarrass) but other parts of me is like, dont be a fish, stay away from the sharks :p i know what i need to do, but i need to hear it from other people :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
11-17-2009, 06:01 AM
:sl:

I think you need a break then from the refutations. Instead concentrate on Islamic logic AND inspiring guidance to KEEP YOUR FAITH STRONG.
You've got to understand that SCHOLARS (men who study many many years) refute arguments.
We are not scholars. We find math problems hard, so we cannot always concern ourselves with what we cannot understand that well every moment. Especially if it affecting your faith.

GUIDANCE is what we get from the Prophet's story, the Quran, and the Sunnah and the stories of righteous people.
Reality is that you've got to keep your faith strong because the shaytan will be YOUR ENEMY UNTIL YOU DIE.

So spend more of your time building your faith, not knocking it down. :]. Re-distribute the focus of your time from Islamic law and rulings to the miracles of the Quran & Sunnah.

ahmed_indian
11-23-2009, 08:43 AM
salaam,

brother, first of all we have to save ourselves frm Fire and then others. we have protect our iman first.

Rafeeq
11-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Take a break.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
An-Nughair
11-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Its good your refuting false ideologies and beliefs as this encourages intellectual discussion, however as the other members are saying, you should take a little break.

In the past, scholars would look into works by other faiths in order to refute their belief system, for one who is not a scholar should avoid doing so as it can be detrimental to one's Iman.

Even studying basic level of Ilm al Kalam in-line with the Qur'an and Hadith is not easy. If you look at works done by Imam al-Ghazali or some advanced texts like Aqida Nasafiyya with the commentary by Imam al-Taftazani, you'll understand what I mean, studying such works with scholars is very beneficial and you will be well-equipped with arguments when you refute the claims of Atheists, Christians, etc.

But for now, give yourself a break :D

Woodrow
11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
This is an error many young people and novice debaters make. They tend to believe that to prove Islam is true they need to refute the opposing belief. In a debate it is absolutly useless and at best a waste of time to do that. This is the reason an experienced debater will goad you into proving he is wrong, in doing so you fail to prove Islam is correct and leave the argument appearing that you can not prove Islam to be true.

Concentrate only on proving Islam to be true in any debate and you will not fall into the trap of attempting to prove a negative. Leave refutations against another religion to reverts from the religion, or well educated scholars. as a revert can state why he/she left the religion and knows the reason the advisary believes what he/she believes and a scholar has studied the belief in depth. It will also keep you from falling into fitnah when you get hit with a statement you did not expect and can not disprove.

Also keep in mind that a debate seldom proves who is true. A debate only shows who is the better, more experienced debater.

Leave refutations to advanced scholars and reverts who know the opposing religion even better than the adversary does. Stick only to proving the truth of Islam and you will accomplish 2 things, avoid confusion, and enhance knoledge of your De'en.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!