/* */

PDA

View Full Version : things to buy/remember at hajj

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2009, 10:27 PM
assalamu alaikum

is there anything amazing in terms of hereafter benefit which should not be missed at makkah/medina.

wether it be books/food/invocations etc please list what you believe cannot be found ANYWHERE else.

Assalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
assalamu alaikum

is there anything amazing in terms of hereafter benefit which should not be missed at makkah/medina.

wether it be books/food/invocations etc please list what you believe cannot be found ANYWHERE else.

Assalamu Alaikum
:sl:

Hmm..not sure how food would be of hereafter benefit lol. But invocations..yes..after two raka'ah nafls in hateem (hajr Ismail) if you get the chance.

There are some very good bookshops but not sure if they're still there.

If you are going...remember us all in your du'aas, and may Allah make easy for you and accept your hajj. Ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Ameen

please people LIST ITEMS ALSO

anything you got which you thought "THIS IS AMAZING!"

Insaanah
11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Book- Correct Argumentation with the Doubters of Islam- From the Qur'an, the Torah, the Gosples and Science, by Sheikh Abdul Majid Subh, translated by Wail Abdul-Mut'aal Shihab

Book- common questions people ask about Islam by Shabbir Ally

Both from the bookshop upstairs in the Hilton (Makkah)

Also, the Darussalaam word by word Urdu translation of Qur'an ,from Bookshop under the Anwaar Madinah complex.

I think all three are brilliant and my best buys.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2009, 10:59 PM
jizakAllah khair and thats exactly what kind of replies im looking for

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2009, 04:32 AM
a handful of the desert? really, put some in a jar and take it home :hiding:

EDIT: look at what you can get in the west, and whatever isnt there, just put it on your shopping list. there would be really good books that you cant get in the west that you can get over there, but they are mostly likely going to be in arabic. also you can get the same stuff over there that you can get in the west, except that are way cheaper eg the Creed Series by Umar al-Ashqar. arabic text books, tajweed books.

Rafeeq
11-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Bring khair with you from Allah. It is enough.

BintAbee
11-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Memories!!! Yes, recordings and pictures! But more importantly Zam Zam water from Makkah and loads of dates from Madeenah... mmm, tasty :embarrass

AabiruSabeel
11-16-2009, 04:55 AM

Iman of the Sahabah from Makkah and Sunnah of the Prophet :saws1: from Madinah.

Other than that, Zamzam and dates. Everything else you will get everywhere.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2009, 04:37 PM
so no one baught anything amazing at makkah medina?... seriously? i know bout zamzam and ajwa but anything else?

S_87
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
i dont know about 'amazing' but theres these cream/itrs called 'al fatina lotion' with different scents. you can get it other places in the middle east but havent seen it in the west. lovely smells. and really nice itrs/ouds.bukhoor sets.
books-many at atleast half the price than the UK.
if you want for memories, take a trip to the kiswah factory as they do at a certain time give out pieces of the kabah cloth.
and in madina, the Quran complex and there are things available there, but just to go see how the Quran translation/recording/distribution etc is done

other than the things mentioned what you can get there arent really 'material' items. memories and experience/spirituality are the things youll truly treasure.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
k jazakIllah khair sis amani

i can go with absolute preparation now.

the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said the one who makes mashwara (asking for advice) and prays tahajjud never regrets

so inshAllah its all good !

Insaanah
11-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Halwani brothers Fig Preserve and also their Pineapple Jam..both delicious

Also Biophar Acacia Honey, it's a German brand and it's organic, though only ever saw it in the Noori centre in Khalid bin Waleed street, but I believe that's demolished now. The honey's the best I've tasted.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-17-2009, 09:35 PM
^ jazakIllah khair !!

Ramadhan
11-18-2009, 11:18 PM
I know this is trivial and some might findthem unhealthy but when I was in Madinah, I could not get enough of all those fried chicken with garlic spices at Al Baik fast food restaurant.

:embarrass

Insaanah
11-19-2009, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I know this is trivial and some might findthem unhealthy but when I was in Madinah, I could not get enough of all those fried chicken with garlic spices at Al Baik fast food restaurant.

:embarrass
Yes!!!

I'd forgotten about that! It was the best thing we ate in Minaa!

BintAbee
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah!!!!!! :coolious: We ate that in Mina too, on the last day of Hajj (the extra day). It was tasty!

kamran javed
11-19-2009, 12:58 PM
remember us all in your du'aas, and may Allah make easy for you and accept your hajj. Ameen. its a much beter then other foods or any other things.

S_87
11-19-2009, 06:17 PM
also honey from madinah. pricey but v good

tango92
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I would get a glass jar and fill it with makka air

cat eyes
11-19-2009, 06:54 PM
wow when will you be going on hajj?:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.