/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Death

sevgi
11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Salams everyone,

I wasn't sure if this is the place to post this. I haven't started a thread in ages.

I have a few questions which have been plaguing my mind for a while now. It is something I have never looked into.

1.Can anyone explain to me what the benefits of burial after death are?
2.Is it compulsory in Islam? Why? Any proof in the Quran?
3. Why does Islam prefer it to other modes of 'body disposal' that are upheld by other religions etc?

I'd also like to know what some non-muslims, especially agnostics and athiests, would like their loved ones etc to do with their bodies after they die and why?

Thank you in advance.

Sev.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Anyone? No one? Come one people! :D

Rafeeq
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Salams everyone,

I wasn't sure if this is the place to post this. I haven't started a thread in ages.

I have a few questions which have been plaguing my mind for a while now. It is something I have never looked into.

1.Can anyone explain to me what the benefits of burial after death are?

2.Is it compulsory in Islam? Why? Any proof in the Quran?

3. Why does Islam prefer it to other modes of 'body disposal' that are upheld by other religions etc?

I'd also like to know what some non-muslims, especially agnostics and athiests, would like their loved ones etc to do with their bodies after they die and why?

Thank you in advance.

Sev.
Peace on you Sis Sev

1. There are several benefit modern science has revealed buring dead bodies in the earth. It might be checked on the internet. I will try to find and will post it in the next post, Insha Allah.
2. This is compulsory to give respect to the dead body. In Quran, Chapter 2, Part 1 (Al Baqara) refer to the first human who was killed by his own brother and Allah sent a crow to show him how to despose off the dead body.
3. I am sorry, this part of this thread is directly concern with a scholer. I shall check and revert back.

Rabi'ya
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
:sl: sis

I don't think I can shed much more light on it. however

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon translates as To Allah we belong and to Him we return.

Meaning, Allah has created us and at some point, when we die, our bodies are due to return to Him. We are His property and as such we should return our bodies to where they came from.

Where were we created from?

The first man was created from clay.....so based on this, where do you think we should put our bodies upon the time of death?

When Habeel and Kabeel (Cain and Abel) fought and Habeel died, brother Rafeeq quite rightly said that Allah sent a crow to show Kabeel the correct way to dispose of the body of his brother.

Hope that helps a little, even if i didnt answer all ur questions fully

inshAllah someone else can help more comprehnsively

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks guys. I had forgotten about the crow thing. :)

Keep em coming inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.