/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Caste system in Islam

AnonymousPoster
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Assalamwalekum,

I live in India, in our state Andhra Pradesh Governament gave reservations to some muslims like sheiks, mohammeds, mullas in education, jobs as the governament think they belong to lower caste.

As far as i know in Islam there are no castes, then why the government want to divide muslims based on castes??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-17-2009, 11:45 PM
wa alaikum assalaam wr wb.

Because they aren't Muslim? Think about it sis...what have people been trying to do? Divide us...and well of course Muslims themselves fall into this. I would ask them.

Sampharo
11-18-2009, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalamwalekum,

I live in India, in our state Andhra Pradesh Governament gave reservations to some muslims like sheiks, mohammeds, mullas in education, jobs as the governament think they belong to lower caste.

As far as i know in Islam there are no castes, then why the government want to divide muslims based on castes??
What exactly do you mean by "sheiks, mohammeds, mullas in education"?

Rafeeq
11-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Bro Sampharo, he means they are given priority/advantage over reserve seats for lower castes.

Dear Brother AG, there is no higher or lower caste in Islam, you are right. Taqwa is the only criteria to make some one more respectable. Unfortunately, muslims are also influenced by Hindu culture and try to be the part of lower & higher castes debate.

Allah gave us birth in different castes only to make us recognise each other.

Please be informed that this caste system is totally different that what is followed in Hinduism. Muslims keep track record of their fore-father/incestors and claims they are from the tree of such and such known sahabi, worrier or king, which is acceptable to recognise their clane. But again reminding, taqwa is the only criterian to get respect in the society.

In addition, converted muslims are given more respect as they become free of sin as a baby at the time of birth when they embrass Islam and pay Shahada. That's why, in India, converted Hindus were called Sheikh (which means respectable).

Andhra's hindu governement may think them a lower caste but in Islam they are a respectable group/caste. Unfortunately, muslims who should protest against this division are quite for a small benefit of this world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
meer5sd
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
due to these reservations atleast some muslims are benifiting as government is providing them free education (In India only 5%% the muslim population completes graduation)

meer5sd
11-18-2009, 07:32 PM
In INDIA
* The presence of Muslims has been found to be only 3% in the IAS(Indian Administrative Service), 1.8% in the IFS(Indian Foreign Service) and 4% in the IPS(Indian Police Service).

* Muslim community has a representation of only 4.5% in Indian Railways while 98.7% of them are positioned at lower levels. Representation of Muslims is very low in the Universities and in Banks. Their share in police constables is only 6%, in health 4.4%, in transport 6.5

This is mainly because most of the muslim children don't have proper formal education

Rafeeq
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
This authenticise the idiology of seperation.

India claims to be the biggest democratic governement of the world.

Muslim ministers/MLA's and organisations may protest and compel the governement to increase muslim's representation in public offices.

Media is very stronge now a days, NGOs can approach to media with thier complains and international pressure may be increased for such issues.

afzalaung
11-19-2009, 04:50 PM
i think its more of a family name thing rather then caste itself.
I'm not sure about india, but where i came from, you can guess a person's social status based on his lineage.
but then of coz this is just painiting a general picture.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.