/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need reply soon

aizar
11-17-2009, 11:47 PM
salaam to everybody,i have asked this question to everybody i know but got no reply.is it allowed in Islam for a man to have a vasectomy because his wife is so ill with health problems that it is life treating for her to have any more children the doctors and consultants all have said there is no type of contraceptive method that she can have due to the medication she is taking she really wants to have a sterilization but the her GP has said it is to risky they have children that Allah has blessed them with she has said to her husband if he wants to take a second wife hes more then welcome but the man does not want to marry again or have more children due to his wife's health he wants to be with her .the second part of the question is she had 4 children while she was healthy then she had her last child while in this condition[heart] then the doctors warned her about the risks but she went ahead praying to Allah to grant a a health child which she got at now she is pregnant again the consultants were quite angry saying she has children why is she risking her health and telling her the best idea for her is termination but she is saying she is praying to Allah who creates everything to his plan she has 100%belief in Allah that he will help her again she has done istikhara a few times is she being stupid for carrying on because Allah has given man free will and that to save her life is fa-rd or is she right in saying that not a leaf falls without his knowledge and he does not bear a soul with more then it can bear i would be really grateful if you could take the time to answer the question p.s she is 10 weeks carrying two times she booked a appointment to have a termination due to the pressure family and GP were putting on care due to her poor health but when she done istikhara she could not go ahead and cancelled them she knows she should have tied the camel then done tawakkul on Allah but she does pray that Allah help her she injects 2 times a day in her belly and goes hospital at least 2 times a week .sorry for making the question so long JASAKALLAH:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuteStuff
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
You need to ask a scholar on this one - seems quite complex.

aizar
11-20-2009, 12:21 AM
salam thanks but where do i ask a scholar from i have asked a few imams and muftis from islamic directory but got no sound replie im totally confussed

Hamza Asadullah
11-20-2009, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aizar
salam thanks but where do i ask a scholar from i have asked a few imams and muftis from islamic directory but got no sound replie im totally confussed
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, the sister is right you really do need to get scholarly advice on this issue as it is one of those issues where us lay people cannot give a verdict on because we lack the expertise and knowledge of Islam in order to do so.

However i have read that sterilisation may be permissable on very extreme cases where it would be life threatening for the women to get pregnant but your husband is completley healthy and therefore i doubt very much that it would be permissable for him to get sterilised because one of our purposes is to procreate but you really need to get scholarly advice on this issue as you cannot just go ahead and do something without getting advice from those who have knowledge on these matters.

Even Allah says in the Qur'an that if you do not know something on a matter then ..refer to those who know...

If you are finding it difficult to get hold of a scholar then tell me what town your from and i will try and forward you some details for you to contact inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CuteStuff
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Where abouts are you located?

Have you tried you local masjid and maybe ask if you can speak to someone knowledgable?

Maybe talk to a couple to get more of an insight on what you should do.

Inshallah, I hope everything works out for the best - Ameen

aizar
11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
salaam thank you all for replying i live in Birmingham please tell me who to contact for advice for the first part of my question what about the second part should she carry on with the pregnancy as she believes it was allah's will and he will help her

cat eyes
11-20-2009, 05:58 PM
:sl: ask a scholar but knowing that she was warned before about her health and warned not to get pregnant and she went ahead and got pregnant and now she has to kill her baby knowing full well what could happen not giving much care for another life? she should have listened to those doctors. i think if she aborts the child now knowing full well that she should not have got pregnant in the first place killing a human is the bigest sin in islam i think she will be held to account for it on jugdement day it would be a different story entirely if she had found out about her health problems during her last pregnancy. i think once the scholars hear this they will tell her not to abort. its a big sin to kill another innocent life. :wa:

Asiyah3
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree with other members. Sister, you should ask a scholar about this.

Now someone has asked this question at islam-qa.com:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permitted to carry out operations on men or women that will lead to complete sterility, such as cutting the vas deferens (vasectomy) in men, or removing the ovaries or womb (hysterectomy) in women. This is because cutting off all possibility of future offspring with no valid reason is haraam, as it goes against what the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted for his ummah, and is a source of shame and humiliation for the Muslims. The more the Muslims increase in number, the more this is a source of pride and status for them. Allaah has guaranteed to provide for His slaves, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “And no living, moving creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah. And He knows its dweeling place and its deposit (in the uterus, grave, etc.). All is in a Clear Book.” [Hood 11:6]. So cutting off all possibility of future offspring for no good reason goes against this teaching. However, if it is necessary to carry out an operation of the kind mentioned – such as a case where the mother’s life will be in danger if she becomes pregnant, or she is suffering from a disease in her womb which it is feared could spread and kill her (such as cancer), so she has no choice but to have her womb removed – then there is nothing wrong with carrying out these operations in such cases of necessity. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah (2/974); Fataawaa li’l-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (2/975); Fataawaa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem.
_________

(Again) I will say that cases like this might be individual, so I encourage asking.

Asiyah3
11-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Sister, like other members said it'd be best to ask a scholar, for cases like this might be individual.

Here is a question asked at islam-qa.com:

_______

Ruling on surgery that causes sterility
What is the ruling on operations that prevent pregnancy?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permitted to carry out operations on men or women that will lead to complete sterility, such as cutting the vas deferens (vasectomy) in men, or removing the ovaries or womb (hysterectomy) in women. This is because cutting off all possibility of future offspring with no valid reason is haraam, as it goes against what the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted for his ummah, and is a source of shame and humiliation for the Muslims. The more the Muslims increase in number, the more this is a source of pride and status for them. Allaah has guaranteed to provide for His slaves, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “And no living, moving creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah. And He knows its dweeling place and its deposit (in the uterus, grave, etc.). All is in a Clear Book.” [Hood 11:6]. So cutting off all possibility of future offspring for no good reason goes against this teaching. However, if it is necessary to carry out an operation of the kind mentioned – such as a case where the mother’s life will be in danger if she becomes pregnant, or she is suffering from a disease in her womb which it is feared could spread and kill her (such as cancer), so she has no choice but to have her womb removed – then there is nothing wrong with carrying out these operations in such cases of necessity. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah (2/974); Fataawaa li’l-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (2/975); Fataawaa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem.
___

*copy &past* Sister, like other members said it'd be best to ask a scholar, for cases like this might be individual.

Snowflake
11-20-2009, 08:33 PM
:sl: It seems a bit unfair for a perfectly healthy man to have vasectomy - espeically as a woman is allowed to have such an operation if pregnancy puts her life at risk. Although in this case the man says he doesn't want to marry again, life doesn't always give us choices. I have heard of people whose entire families have been wiped out in one go. Reversal isn't always successful either. Even if he was islamically permitted to go ahead with it (which I doubt), vasectomies aren't guaranteed to 100%. It is rare but the in some cases the ducts have spontaneously reconnected and children been fathered. Sterilisation is permitted for the wife so it is better for her to do it. The husband should leave his body as Allah blessed him with.

:wa:

Hamza Asadullah
11-20-2009, 10:10 PM
salaam thank you all for replying i live in Birmingham please tell me who to contact for advice for the first part of my question what about the second part should she carry on with the pregnancy as she believes it was allah's will and he will help her
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, If you ring up the Greenlane Masjid tomorrow early afternoon then they should be able to put you through to someone who will be able to help you inshallah

Green Lane Masjid
20 Green Lane
Small Heath
Birmingham B9 5DB
UK
Tel: 0121 713 0080

aizar
11-21-2009, 01:27 PM
thank you all for replying brother hamza thank you for the phone number some one said why does not the women have the sterilization if the man is healthy the case for the women is she is not allowed the opp on medical grounds or any other type of contraceptive apart from a few not good at all as she is on anti-coagulation drugs the risk is to great for her all in all she should have tied her camel first thank you all for replying

kamran javed
11-21-2009, 01:46 PM
salam . dear u should need to discuss the old man which have some experience. so u have a collect some information with him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.