/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

curious seeker
11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Hello :)

I'm brand new. I'm a former Christian... I say "former" because it's only been recently that I've dropped the label. I suppose right now I am "Agnostic"... or a "Seeker" is a better word.

I love God with all my heart. That's why I was a Christian.. but I don't believe in the teachings of Jesus being Divine or the Son of God. I've stayed in Christianity a long, long time because it was a comfortable place to worship God... but I don't fit, because of my beliefs.

Now I am seeking the truth... trying to figure it all out. I know I don't fit into Judaism, because I don't believe in rejecting Jesus completely either (I think he was a great teacher, a prophet sent to us by God) nor do I really believe in God having a "chosen people"...

So therefor I've started to study Islam. And here I am.

I live in Canada... I find it confusing and scarey to think about converting to Islam in a country where it is basically either 1) unheard of or 2) discriminated against. I know that's not a reason to avoid converting, but it makes it difficult to seek the truth outside of "accepted" religions like Christianity and Judaism.

Anyway...

My study/research has raised a lot of questions.. I posted a few here. I received a kind PM from someone offering to answer questions as well but I cannot Pm you back until I have 50 posts, so please if you wish to help, visit that thread :)

I don't know if Islam is for me or not.. I know you guys believe it is the truth, but I have a lot of trouble with belief, and I always have. Faith is not hard for me, I have faith that there IS a God.

But "religion" is where it gets dicey for me. Religion is something I have trouble with.

I dunno.. but I'm just taking it one step at a time.

Cheers~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
A very warm welcome to the forum curious seeker :)

I hope you find the forum beneficial, friendly and fun, and I hope that some of your questions will be answered.

Peace.

Rabi'ya
11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Hello and Welcome to Li :)

I hope you have abeneficial stay here and learn lots :) You will make plenty of good friends too I hope :)

God be with you :)

Insaanah
11-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Just another thing. On the thread you've posted the questions in, the replies have to be moderated before they are posted, so it may take a few hours. Can take upto 24-ish sometimes. So please don't worry if you don't see anything soon.

Peace :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah4Eva x
11-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Welcome to Islamic Board
May you learn a lot about this blessed religion Islam and be easy for you if you do decide to convert to Islam. :)

curious seeker
11-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Thank you for the welcomes, and thank you Insane Insaan for the information :) I can certainly understand a need for moderation.

Insaanah
11-19-2009, 12:56 PM
By the way, apart from question 4, I have made a lowly, humble attempt to answer your other questions, about 13 hours ago, on the other thread. I think my reply will be awaiting moderation. I just didn't want you to think that no one was bothered with your questions :)

Rafeeq
11-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the IB family. God has directed to a very humble comunity dude, where you will find people helping each other. The courage you started searching truth will guide you to the destination. God bless you.

Fטлку
11-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the Forum! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!