/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)

Uthman
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I didn't see a thread about this.

http://muslimmatters.org/2009/11/16/...tters+Posts%29

It's a sign of the times.

Inna lillaahi wa innan ilayhi raaji'oon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-18-2009, 07:41 PM
May Allah forgive him and raise his status in Jannah, and give us all patience for the loss of another icon of ilm and knowledge.
Ameen. :(

'Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but He takes away knowledge by taking away the scholars, so that when He leaves no learned person, people turn to ignorant as their leaders; then they are asked to deliver religious verdicts and they deliver them without knowledge, they go astray, and lead others astray. (Sahih Muslim)

Muhammad al-Baqir said, "I swear that Iblis rejoices more at the death of 1 scholar than he does for 1000 worshipers"

noorseeker
11-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Innalillahi wa innalillahi rajioon

IbnAbdulHakim
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
inna lillaahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun

i like darul iftaa...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon

KAding
11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
It's a sign of the times.
If I may ask, what do you mean with that?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-19-2009, 03:29 AM
:sl:
ouch imsad people like that are sorely missed...it is so saddening that such beacons are taken away imsad
May Allah forgive him and raise his status in Jannah, and give us all patience for the loss of another icon of ilm and knowledge.
ameen

transition?
11-19-2009, 04:08 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon

The_Prince
11-19-2009, 04:31 AM
believe it or not some 'orthodox' followers wont be that sad about this because they dont like his brother and his aqeedah!

Uthman
11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Greetings KAding,

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
If I may ask, what do you mean with that?
It is from the minor signs of the last hour that knowledge will be taken away from us. See these ahadeeth:
Anas ibn Malik said, "I shall tell you a hadith which I heard from the Messenger of Allah, and which no-one will tell you after me. I heard him say, 'Among the signs of the Hour will be the disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance. Adultery will be prevalent and the drinking of wine will be common. The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be fifty women to be looked after by one man.' " This hadith was reported in the two Sahihs from the hadith of 'Abd Rabbihi.

'Abdullah said, "The Prophet said, 'Just before the Hour, there will be days in which knowledge will disappear and ignorance will appear, and there will be much killing.' " [Ibn Majah; also narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim, from the hadith of al-A'mash]
How will this knowledge be taken from us? Through the death of our learned scholars. See this hadeeth:
'Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but He takes away knowledge by taking away the scholars, so that when He leaves no learned person, people turn to ignorant as their leaders; then they are asked to deliver religious verdicts and they deliver them without knowledge, they go astray, and lead others astray. (Sahih Muslim)

S_87
11-19-2009, 06:42 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun!

cat eyes
11-19-2009, 07:36 PM
may Allah grant him the highest place in jannah Ameen.

Allah will grant knowledge to those people who want to learn but not to those who are ignorant and not willing to learn.

so therefore i am not worried whether its the sign of the times or not its the fact that there is so much ignorance that is increasing, people believing that they already know everything when they clearly don't. thats what i'm seeing.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and protect us from the ignorant people also Ameen.

:sl:

KAding
11-20-2009, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Greetings KAding,

It is from the minor signs of the last hour that knowledge will be taken away from us. See these ahadeeth:
Anas ibn Malik said, "I shall tell you a hadith which I heard from the Messenger of Allah, and which no-one will tell you after me. I heard him say, 'Among the signs of the Hour will be the disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance. Adultery will be prevalent and the drinking of wine will be common. The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be fifty women to be looked after by one man.' " This hadith was reported in the two Sahihs from the hadith of 'Abd Rabbihi.

'Abdullah said, "The Prophet said, 'Just before the Hour, there will be days in which knowledge will disappear and ignorance will appear, and there will be much killing.' " [Ibn Majah; also narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim, from the hadith of al-A'mash]
How will this knowledge be taken from us? Through the death of our learned scholars. See this hadeeth:
Still a bit confused though. Surely scholars dying at one point or another isn't anything new ? They are human beings after all? :exhausted

What makes you think there will not be new scholars to replace him? After all, the number of people studying to become Islamic scholars is still high I suppose? In fact, aren't there more people studying Islam now than ever before?

Sampharo
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
^ The death of scholars at a faster rate while failing to find good students to learn from them. Direct instruction, direction, and correction is crucial in proper tutelage, books are insufficient. Islamic scholars used to have thousands of students attend the lectures in every city. Today the greatest scholars have only a few dozen students, many of which drop out because modern life pressures are too much for them to dedicate all their time to studying Islam anymore.

Additionally the corrupt governments replace heads of universities with puppet ignorants (Egypt's Tantawy sitting on Al-Azhar's leadership as a case in point), allowing for ignorance to spread, and proper scholars having lesser resources to research and teach.

People studying Islam today are increasing yes, but studying basics of Islam, good for their daily lives as you see on this forum. Scholars as in dedicated Islamic academics who memorized the entire Quran and several of the Hadith books, analyzed them extensively, learned the scientific principals of Sunnah and Fiqh and Shariah, and studied thousands of academic papers and therefore can make appropriate guiding studies themselves and can teach newer scholars proper jurisprudence and faith; those are dwindling in numbers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.