/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Insecured soul
11-19-2009, 02:49 AM
As salaam alaikum everyone.

As you all know we keep hearing that islam is the fastest growing religion specially in the west, but im skeptical about that so could someone really gives us facts about the same?

There was a story which i heard long ago and its so common among muslims i meet and that is the 1st man who walked on the moon heard the call of adhan and became muslim, i think it was buzz aldrin or neil armstrong among the 1st to walk of the moon. however i think they are still not muslim.

so how far these stories are true or is it just exaggeration by muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Neil Armstrong and also Muslim scholars had clarify this rumor. That story is not true.

(I mean the story about Neil Armstrong heard adhaan on the moon)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
:sl:

I personally don't have any links but we have had threads about Islam being the fastest growing on here, referencing to articles as such. Also I remember when I was in 9th grade, even my global studies professor said Islam was the fastest growing. Mind you this was like 7 yrs ago! :D And he was not a Muslim.

Eliphaz
11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
If Islam is the fastest growing religion in the U.K. it only has to beat what may well be the negative growth of Christianity, non-proselytizing religions like Judaism (and Sikhism?) and then there's Hinduism, which may be its only real competitor.

I have never heard this phrase used to specifically refer to the West, only the world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-19-2009, 09:05 PM
^^ I dont think I understood what you meant...rephrase?

Eliphaz
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^ I dont think I understood what you meant...rephrase?
I have only heard Islam described as 'fastest growing religion in the world', I did not know this was especially true of the West. However I was saying that it doesn't have much competition (in the U.K. anyway), where church attendances have been falling for decades and other religions like Judaism are not easy to convert to.

I'd have to guess that the closest thing to competition is coming from Hinduism and/or Buddhism.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-20-2009, 12:51 AM
It's not really a competition...Islam is not here to compete. More like it is as it is...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.