/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dargah (grave of saints)

Insecured soul
11-19-2009, 03:29 AM
assalam alaikum everyone

I see there are a lot of dargahs where people go and pray, people who live in india will know what im talking about. in ajmer the grave of khwaja moinuddin chisti in delhi and at haji ali in mumbai

what i dont like personally is that people go over there and miss salaat and they indulge themselves in customary which is to offer flowers and sheets upon graves, is this correct coz what i understand is custom is not religion. i got that right?

People who follow all this will say that i need to have a peer in order to understand god and this religion is this right?

do i need someone a human being who will get me salvation? these people directly ask saints to fulfill thier needs, is this right?

A lot of people go to ajmer every year and say its a small hadj, is this right to believe? also i wanna know if we are actually allowed to visit such places with intentions

jazak allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-19-2009, 05:13 AM
Thread approved.

Rafeeq
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
:sl:

The Prophet Muhammad (Salalahu Elehe Wasalam) ordered us not to make his grave a place of worship. He further explained it was happening with previous Umma (followers of prophets) and destroyed.

Visiting any grave can never be a small Hajj.

Visit graveyard to remember the day of death is advised in Ahadeeth but there is no evidence that Prophet Muhammad nor his Sahaba did like this.

May Allah lead us to the right path (sirat-e-mustaqeem)

ardianto
11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Some people believe if they make du'a to Allah, their du'a will placed in queue together with huge number of other du'a. It need long time before Allah hears their du'a and there is no guarantee their du'a will be granted.
And also they believe those saints have 'special link' to Allah. So, if they make du'a on grave of saints, their du'a will pass special and express way to Allah. Also those saints can urged Allah to grant their du'a.

People like this are exist not only in India but also in Indonesia.
Also in Indonesia there are small number of people who go to a place every year and they call it a small hajj, or even same as go hajj. Of course, this is totally wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CuteStuff
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes but in India these dargha - it is not segregated and people from all different religions i.e. Hindus and Sikhs also go there.

i personally would never make dua on a saint's grave - If anyone requires anything they should worship none other than Allah and make Dua to Allah.

Hamza Asadullah
11-19-2009, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adib1234
assalam alaikum everyone

I see there are a lot of dargahs where people go and pray, people who live in india will know what im talking about. in ajmer the grave of khwaja moinuddin chisti in delhi and at haji ali in mumbai

what i dont like personally is that people go over there and miss salaat and they indulge themselves in customary which is to offer flowers and sheets upon graves, is this correct coz what i understand is custom is not religion. i got that right?

People who follow all this will say that i need to have a peer in order to understand god and this religion is this right?

do i need someone a human being who will get me salvation? these people directly ask saints to fulfill thier needs, is this right?

A lot of people go to ajmer every year and say its a small hadj, is this right to believe? also i wanna know if we are actually allowed to visit such places with intentions

jazak allah khair
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, unfortunatley my brother a lot of custom and tradition is mixed into our deen and because it gets mixed into it by previous generations and becomes an established practise then the people of the following generations see it as something they should do because of the fact that their relatives and previous generations did the same things.

We should keep away from anything which is contrary to the teachings of our deen and we should stick to Islam as precribed by reliable ulema who take from Qur'an and authentic sunnah.

It is permissable and even rewarding to visit the grave yard to see the graves of Muslims, family and relatives etc and make dua for them and remember death etc but it is forbidden to cover their graves with all kinds of sheets and ornaments flowers etc and it is shirk to ask anything from the dead in the graves as we can ONLY ask Allah and NO ONE else!

But it is recommended to put green stalks on the grave but not flowers. More can be read about this here:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=692&CATE=115

We should warn our elders and all other people against committing bida'a (innovation) and shirk.

Insecured soul
11-20-2009, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, unfortunatley my brother a lot of custom and tradition is mixed into our deen and because it gets mixed into it by previous generations and becomes an established practise then the people of the following generations see it as something they should do because of the fact that their relatives and previous generations did the same things.

We should keep away from anything which is contrary to the teachings of our deen and we should stick to Islam as precribed by reliable ulema who take from Qur'an and authentic sunnah.

It is permissable and even rewarding to visit the grave yard to see the graves of Muslims, family and relatives etc and make dua for them and remember death etc but it is forbidden to cover their graves with all kinds of sheets and ornaments flowers etc and it is shirk to ask anything from the dead in the graves as we can ONLY ask Allah and NO ONE else!

But it is recommended to put green stalks on the grave but not flowers. More can be read about this here:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=692&CATE=115

We should warn our elders and all other people against committing bida'a (innovation) and shirk.
i got ur point

also i need some info on bida'a, as far as i know bidaa means "innovation" so i there can be good and bidaa for instance tv, computers and everything is an innovation but if see good islamic on tv its a good thing

provide suggestions on that please

Rafeeq
11-20-2009, 07:16 AM
i got ur point

also i need some info on bida'a, as far as i know bidaa means "innovation" so i there can be good and bidaa for instance tv, computers and everything is an innovation but if see good islamic on tv its a good thing

Bida'a is any thing new / innovation in the 'deen'. Getting benefits of science and scientific tools do not come in the defination of Bida'a. Islam does not restrict inventions in science and technology.

Any thing done and considered exect islamic is called bida'a. There is no good or bad bida'a. Bida'a is only bida'a and not acceptable.

ardianto
11-20-2009, 10:47 AM
i got ur point

Innovation
TV, computer, car, bicycle, telephone, etc.

Bid'ah
- Visit the grave one day before Ramadan.
- Read surah Yasin and some dhikir in 3 or 7 nights for a dead person.
- And many ritual that never did by three earliest generations in Islam.

Insecured soul
11-21-2009, 02:21 AM
i understand better now, thank u all guys

salaam to u all

An-Nughair
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I've personally visited that grave of Muhiuddin Chisti in Delhi and can definately say there is free-mixing and people from different faiths go there, especially Hindu's The most bizarre thing I saw was a guy in Lungi holding a goat by its rope and pulling it within the Darga - I was told the guy was Hindu and they usually come with their animals to seek some sort of "Blessing".

Generally, visiting graves of pious people is not wrong. But, going there and doing worship to the grave and making du'a to the person in the grave is completely against Islam and what it teaches.

Saying that, there is Faa'idah in visiting graves and making du'a to Allah to bless the person in the grave and to forgive him for all the wrong people are doing on his grave.

Insecured soul
11-24-2009, 03:05 AM
i see

the problem is that my family have some kind of belief in all these things, my dad does salaat regularly and i remember last time i was upset coz things are not working as i planned and he said go and visit ajmer and all your problems will be solved

but i wont be going i believe even if i stay here and do salaat and pray my dua will be answered

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.