/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Algeria!!!!!

bewildred
11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I send all my congratulations to the Algerian soccer team. It'll be the only coutry to represent the Arabs in the world cup!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
im going to support them...i wanted them to win over the egyptians i decided this after watching the egyptian satellite channel

Somaiyah
11-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Salam,
Honestly, I think people should be careful with football. It messes up people's minds so many times. These stupid things happening claiming the Egyptians were violent to the Algerians, then the Algerians were violent to the Egyptians etc etc etc. What is football doing with people that so many people don't even see even though they see?

Supreme
11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Wait, there's not a single other Arab country in the world cup?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Congratulations to Algeria, the only Arab country in FIFA World Cup 2010.

List of Participants

Asia
- Japan - Australia - South Korea - North Korea

Africa
- South Africa - Ghana - Ivory Coast - Nigeria - Cameroon - Algeria

Europe
- Holland - England - Germany - Denmark - Serbia - Italy - Spain - Slovakia - France - Portugal - Slovenia - Greece - Swiss

South America
- Paraguay - Chile - Argentina - Brazil - Uruguay

Concacaf
- Mexico - USA - Honduras

Oceania
- New Zealand

Abdul Qadir
11-20-2009, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
I send all my congratulations to the Algerian soccer team. It'll be the only coutry to represent the Arabs in the world cup!!!!
At one glance, i thought finally the war has stopped and there was peace in that country...im disappointed after reading this...LOL

Supreme
11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Congratulations to Algeria, the only Arab country in FIFA World Cup 2010.

List of Participants

Asia
- Japan - Australia - South Korea - North Korea

Africa
- South Africa - Ghana - Ivory Coast - Nigeria - Cameroon - Algeria

Europe
- Holland - England - Germany - Denmark - Serbia - Italy - Spain - Slovakia - France - Portugal - Slovenia - Greece - Swiss

South America
- Paraguay - Chile - Argentina - Brazil - Uruguay

Concacaf
- Mexico - USA - Honduras

Oceania
- New Zealand

The North Koreans? Since when have they had time in between firing threatening rockets and persecuting religious believers to enter into a football competition? Moreover, how did the Americans get in? Aren't they the worst footballers in the world?

bewildred
11-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Well well.......

I was surfing the Egyptian satellite channels and all I could do was to sigh. It's simply PATHETIC. It's very sad and all what this whole situation inspires is shame. It's so very ridiculous that it becomes caricatural. I don't really know if I should cry or laugh. I want to feel indifference to this whole masquerade if there was not so much hatred that generated from it.

It was not one or two channels. All of them had the same discourse. In a very heinous and condescending tone, some so-called experts, journalists and analysts are lighting a huge fire of hatred. "These arab countries have no political culture", "Algerian women do things that us men would never dare do", "All Algerians are terrorists", "Algerians paid the people of Ghaza to show their support to the Algerian team in the streets of Ghaza", "Kick out all the Algerians from the noble Egypt", "Algerians are worse than the vandals"........... The very next day, a hord of hatred-blinded crowde wanted to burn the Algerian ambassy. 18 EGYPTIAN policemen were injured and 15 EGYPTIAN cars were burnt. Why in the name of Allah is all this???

It's so easy to blind the people with this mere **** rather than get them focus on their poverty and the corruption on different levels of the state without talking about the political nebula. I ask these persons to open their eyes and never think with the anger and hatred of the moment.

Fitna is worse than death.

titus
11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Moreover, how did the Americans get in? Aren't they the worst footballers in the world?
Not by a long shot. While not the cream of the crop, they aren't that bad.

The US made the quarterfinals of the World Cup in 2002 and are currently ranked #14 in the world and have been ranked as high as #4 by FIFA.

While Soccer (football) may be low on the popularity list when it comes to sports in the United States behind (American) Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Golf and NASCAR (among others) they have still been able to field a very decent team the last couple of decades.

سيف الله
11-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Not by a long shot. While not the cream of the crop, they aren't that bad.
Salaam

Yeah there pretty good actually, a couple of Americans have played in Europe, (Claudio Reyna for Rangers a couple of years back) and have acquitted themselves quite well.

Much better than Scotland, 12 years going and still not qualified for a major tournament, we've really gone downhill :/

aadil77
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Why are arabs so nationalistic about being arab? why not congratulate them for being the only muslim team. You people have it all wrong

GuestFellow
11-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Congratulations to Algeria!

Ar-RaYYan
11-20-2009, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
The North Koreans? Since when have they had time in between firing threatening rockets and persecuting religious believers to enter into a football competition?
There is like 24 million people who live in North Korea and not all of them are involved with politics or the apparent persecutions of religious believers.

Anyways congratulations to Algeria :thumbs_up

Güven
11-21-2009, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
why not congratulate them for being the only muslim team.
I'm only saying, teams like France, Holland, Ivory coast, South Africa, Nigeria and some other teams have muslim players too.

Supreme
11-21-2009, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
There is like 24 million people who live in North Korea and not all of them are involved with politics or the apparent persecutions of religious believers.
I understand that, I just find it wierd how such an isolated an tyrannical regime would want to be involved in a predominantly Western competition.

Ar-RaYYan
11-21-2009, 01:23 AM
I understand that, I just find it wierd how such an isolated an tyrannical regime would want to be involved in a predominantly Western competition.
The world cup isn't something thats made for the western world. Its only one of the few things along with the Olympics the world shares and comes together. North Korea is still part of the world so why shouldnt they be involved?
Anywas i dont think North Korea detest the West.

Ramadhan
11-21-2009, 05:41 AM
tyrannical regime normally fielded very strong teams in international sport competitions. The tyrannical/dictatorial governments pulled out all stops to create those teams in the hope that the sports glory justify their dictatorial rules. Even the isolated ones.
Other example apart from North korea is Cuba.

The World Cup is actually the only true worldwide (single) sports competition, not just predominantly western.

ardianto
11-21-2009, 06:36 AM
The North Koreans? Since when have they had time in between firing threatening rockets and persecuting religious believers to enter into a football competition?
North Koreans who firing rockets are soldiers, but North Korean who play football are footballer. They are different

Moreover, how did the Americans get in? Aren't they the worst footballers in the world?
Oohh, brother, Americans are not the worst footballer in the world. On October 2009 USA was in 14th position in FIFA world rank, from 203 FIFA member.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html

The_Prince
11-21-2009, 06:48 AM
i am going to be with public enemy number 1, france, it is very strange though, the french national football team is not a very good represenatative of france! for instance the french team is made up of alot of black and Muslim players, 2 groups of people many French people detest and look down on, which makes it all the more enjoyable to support this group of players.

offcourse i would prefer algeria to win it, but lets be honest people, algeria will probaly be out 2 games within the competition!

Abdul Qadir
11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
I want either spain, brazil or England to win the world cup...=)....

aadil77
11-21-2009, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I'm only saying, teams like France, Holland, Ivory coast, South Africa, Nigeria and some other teams have muslim players too.
yh I know, who cares that they're an arab team. Its all about being muslim and seeing muslims succeed

Muslimlearner
11-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Yes, Congratulations to the Algeria's football lovers,wich smash many egyptian ppl in Sudan!
Congragts for the blood,rage and hate they give to this innosent brothers!
Islamic manners are forgotten,lets play and then kill to show who is winner r:hiding:

+o(

Danah
11-21-2009, 11:14 AM
^^ very well said.............what we got from this match?

Allow me sis to do some color editing to your post so it will catch everyone attention here

format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka'
Yes, Congratulations to the Algeria's football lovers,wich smash many egyptian ppl in Sudan!
Islamic manners are forgotten,lets play and then kill to show who is winner r:hiding:

+o(
I see it a two-way harming match..........both countries lost much on it. I can't imagine what else we can expect after reading this:
"We should treat Algeria like any country that has declared war on us," university student Amr Higazi told Agence France Presse
Its really pathetic to see the situation we reach now :cry:

Supreme
11-21-2009, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
The world cup isn't something thats made for the western world. Its only one of the few things along with the Olympics the world shares and comes together. North Korea is still part of the world so why shouldnt they be involved?
Anywas i dont think North Korea detest the West.
I know that, but you'd have thought that North Korea would see it as a 'Western competition'.

tyrannical regime normally fielded very strong teams in international sport competitions. The tyrannical/dictatorial governments pulled out all stops to create those teams in the hope that the sports glory justify their dictatorial rules. Even the isolated ones.
Other example apart from North korea is Cuba.
That's true, I mean look at China in the Olympics last year. You couldn't help but feel some of the athletes were fearing for their lives if they lost the game. (I'm joking, China isn't that bad).

North Koreans who firing rockets are soldiers, but North Korean who play football are footballer. They are different
I understand that, it's just that with the all the restrictions the North Koreans have, you wouldn't think they'd be allowed to enter the world cup.

Anyway, I personally cannot wait until the world cup.

ardianto
11-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I understand that, it's just that with the all the restrictions the North Koreans have, you wouldn't think they'd be allowed to enter the world cup.
Do you mean North Korean footballer ?. They are allowed to enter the world cup in South Africa. But I guess, they will come with some bodyguards, not for guard them from local thug but for prevent those footballer run and seek an asylum in South Africa.

Anyway, I personally cannot wait until the world cup.
I hope you have a time tunnel. :D

bewildred
11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Islamic manners are forgotten,lets play and then kill to show who is winner r

C'mon!!!! "Oum Dounia" is such a bad loser!!!;D

Ramadhan
11-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Do you mean North Korean footballer ?. They are allowed to enter the world cup in South Africa. But I guess, they will come with some bodyguards, not for guard them from local thug but for prevent those footballer run and seek an asylum in South Africa.
He meant the US sanctions (and many other countries sanctions) on North Korea which make North Korea an isolated country, politically and economically, not restrictions on their footballers.

Supreme, I don't think World Cup has ever banned a country from participating for any reason.
The Olympics has done it once, against the apartheid South Africa in the early 80s.

ardianto
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
He meant the US sanctions (and many other countries sanctions) on North Korea which make North Korea an isolated country, politically and economically, not restrictions on their footballers.
That is US and many other countries sanctions, but not FIFA sanction.

You are wrong if you think member of FIFA are countries. Those member are not countries or governments but football federations.
Puerto Rico is an US colony, not independent country but they have membership in FIFA that separated from USA. And don't forget in FIFA Great Britain have four memberships, England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland.

Somaiyah
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Islamic manners are forgotten,lets play and then kill to show who is winner r

C'mon!!!! "Oum Dounia" is such a bad loser!!!;D
It's not about being a bad looser, it's about seeing the truth. Neither Algeria or Egypt did anything around this football match well. And I am not Algerian nor Egyptian and I didn't even see the match. I just find it all so stupid. Stop defending a country just because of your personal reasons to it.

Ramadhan
11-23-2009, 04:20 AM
That is US and many other countries sanctions, but not FIFA sanction.

You are wrong if you think member of FIFA are countries. Those member are not countries or governments but football federations.
Puerto Rico is an US colony, not independent country but they have membership in FIFA that separated from USA. And don't forget in FIFA Great Britain have four memberships, England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland.

Hence, brother Supreme's misunderstanding.

ardianto
11-23-2009, 04:25 AM
Hence, brother Supreme's misunderstanding.
Oops, I think I must change "you" in my previous post into "brother Supreme".
But now it's too late, you have quoted my post. ;D

ardianto
11-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Supreme, I don't think World Cup has ever banned a country from participating for any reason.
The Olympics has done it once, against the apartheid South Africa in the early 80s.
FIFA and organizations under it like UEFA or AFC can ban a country take participate in World Cup or Regional Cup causes by political case but must approved by majority of members.

In 1992 European Cup, Yugoslavia had passed elimination round, but UEFA banned them entering final round caused by war in Bosnia and Croatia.
Then UEFA called an eliminated team as a subtitution, the Dynamite Denmark. Amazingly this Dynamite was exploded, they became a champion of 1992 European Cup.

heavenlyspot
02-13-2010, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka'

+o(
:sl:

The thread doesn't congratulate the soccer fans, only the team.

There have been victims on both sides of the conflict, both the Egyptian and Algerian side as well.

As Muslims we should not only condem violent actions, but also stand together in promoting peace instead of more hatred. As someone has already pointed out, this soccer game has become fitnah.

:wa:

heavenlyspot
02-13-2010, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
It's not about being a bad looser, it's about seeing the truth. Neither Algeria or Egypt did anything around this football match well. And I am not Algerian nor Egyptian and I didn't even see the match. I just find it all so stupid. Stop defending a country just because of your personal reasons to it.

Agreed, nicely said.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.