/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so addicting?

Rabi'ya
11-19-2009, 09:35 PM
:sl:

I can;t help myself. I'm just so addicted. It's stopping me lead a normal healthy life. I can't seem to function without at least 3 hits per day. First thing in the morning, somewhere around lunch and then for a few hours in the evening I have to continually top up :exhausted its beginning to affect my studies and my family life.I have been trying to do my assignment for days now but everytime I get into it I suddenly feel like I need another hit!Why am I so addicted to.....

L.I!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Humbler_359
11-19-2009, 09:41 PM
IslamicBoard, IB or LI. ;D

simple to try disable account.
It will help you a peace of mind. :D

Disable account is just temporary, it wouldn't delete all your posts and counts. You can come back later.

Rabi'ya
11-19-2009, 09:43 PM

But i dont want to disable. i want to be able to control my addiction :(

Binyamine
11-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Many of us are in this situation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I was thinking your addicted to something else o___o

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-19-2009, 09:58 PM

I used to be addicted too sis. Eventually it wore off...maybe it will for u as well.

GuestFellow
11-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I was never addicted...I just had nothing to do. O_o

Rabi'ya
11-19-2009, 10:04 PM

I was sooooooo addicted I became a mod. I couldnt spend an hour away. Maybe some of you guys remember. then I took a break after i got married and had a kid. but now subhanAllah i feel myself more and more addicted to the forum. Many good things have come fro it. my imaan has increased as there is a wealth of knowledge here. but I gotta do my assignments. grrr!

Humbler_359
11-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Yes, I don't think it is addicted issues. The problem in your mind telling you "THERE IS NEW INFORMATION COMING IN ISLAMICBOARD JUST NOW- CHECK AND REPLY IT."

What did I do is turn off computer all days to stay quality times with my family and my three year old son in avoid bad habits in cycles.

Try balances everyday. Btw, alot of people addicted so much to Facebook, I was not amazingly.

It is important to remind you to read Qur'an, keep up prayers and grow your own Imaan. Spend less on computer (15-30 minutes enough).

Sleep early. Stay good healthy. Eat well. Watch TV. Read Islam Book.

Beardo
11-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Important Notice to ALL Staff Members!

Our virtual IslamicBoard Addiction Potion (Operation Addiction) seems to be wearing off. Quick, give and supply every member a dose before it wears off!

Rabi'ya
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
lol brother Rashad, I managed to control my addiction for a long time. but now I am back in uni and using a computer a lot more I just feel compelled to go online.

mashAllah, as I said before, there is such a wealth of info here one could spend all day simply reading. no need to post a word. but still wastes time. I thikn you should have a time out session per day. lol. if u run out u have to pay to acces it for a longer period. that way everyone wins :P

lol actually on second thoughts dont do that coz then not only would i be addicted Id be poor too!!!!!

Brother humbler, nice advice. inshAllah i am already tryign that. but also this Quraan memorisation initiative has meant i spend EVEN more time online than before

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.