/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egypt-Algeria World Cup anger turns violent in Cairo

GuestFellow
11-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Riot police in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, quelled a violent demonstration near the Algerian embassy in the early hours of Friday.

^Click on the link above to read the article.

"We should treat Algeria like any country that has declared war on us," university student Amr Higazi told Agence France Presse
Wow I never knew people would go that crazy over football.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-20-2009, 07:13 PM

Danah
11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
They are going crazy over that stupid soccer match. What really upset me is when my mother told me few days ago that there was a very outstanding Egyptian character on the TV who was talking about Fiqh and such issue "no need to mention names" that this charactor said after finishing the show :" May Allah grant our team victory" !!!! what the....??? :raging:

Why they are making a huge deal of it? whats wrong with people?? I saw some pictures on the local newspaper...and people are crying so hardly as if one of them lost his mother or father.........Astaghfirullah!!! they are making a huge division among themselves. May Allah save us

GuestFellow
11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
^ Humanity has lost its marbles. Instead of worrying about world poverty, they cry over a dumb football match. Geez get over it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
11-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I agree ^ what a worthless cause to get upset about.

bewildred
11-20-2009, 08:19 PM
FITNA!!!!! (Sorry, I don't know the word in English)

Asiyah3
11-20-2009, 08:39 PM
:phew

May Allah guide us all

Montaser
11-20-2009, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
:phew

May Allah guide us all
Jazakallah Khiraa dears for your posts.
I do agree that this game has aroused so many mischeif among fellow brothers in both counteries. Fair competition among brothers musn't not lead us to transgress against one another. We can not stop people from being fans of one team or another, but we can stand up as one team for the purpose of our religion, I hope so...

AlHoda
11-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I live in Cairo, people are going mad here just over a football match. My aunt's neighbours are algerian and they can't even go outside without being chased like dogs!!:skeleton:
May Allah guides us

M.B
11-20-2009, 10:33 PM
:sl:

Today sheikh qardhawi from egypt he lives in qatar was talking about the football match during his jummah khutbah he said that its nonsense and two muslim countrys fighting each other just for football thats crazy.

The sheikh further mentions that the israelis where laughing at this as soon as they found out that the algerians and the egyptions where fighting each other.

:w:

Supreme
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Football is just a bit of fun. But people use it to identify themselves by. Football invokes patriotism, it encourages violence, it entertains but it also is disgraced by hooligans.

aadil77
11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
these arabs try too hard to copy western countries, they're a bunch of wannabes

Ramadhan
11-21-2009, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I live in Cairo, people are going mad here just over a football match. My aunt's neighbours are algerian and they can't even go outside without being chased like dogs!!:skeleton:
May Allah guides us
That is just disgusting, and makes one wonder if we are actually living in jahilliya time.

Do these people not realize what they will answer to Allah SWT during the judgement day over this madness?

nocturnal
11-21-2009, 03:23 AM
It's a beautiful game, one that should unite people in joyous scenes, not breed the sort of riotous hoodlums that we have here in the UK. No amount of sporting rivalry between teams or nations justifies attacking peoples of other nationalities in such a shocking manner. Its a reprehensible act and in this instance, the authorities were right to deal with it decisively.

Danah
11-21-2009, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
these arabs try too hard to copy western countries, they're a bunch of wannabes
Unfortunately, that's right and I agreed!!

ardianto
11-21-2009, 06:51 AM
I think I must give this link one more time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_war

Don't ever follow people of Honduras and El Salvador.

Danah
11-21-2009, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

SubhanAllah!!! How can people be that crazy over a game :ooh:?

Amadeus85
11-21-2009, 12:49 PM

ardianto
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

But I think 'football war' between Egypt and Algeria will not happen.

Ground battle between Honduras-El Salvador football war was happened in border area. And look at the north Africa map, there is Libya between Egypt and Algeria. If Egyptian want to attack Algeria or contrary, they must sail or fly over Mediterranean sea.

Or maybe they need Muammar Khadafy as peace mediator in this clash ?.

Supreme
11-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Let's contrast the two:

Algeria:

Population- 35 million
Language- Arabic
Military- Relatively modern, although not the stongest
Climate- Meditteranean on coast, desert in south
Ethnic majority-Berbers
Religion- Almost exclusively Sunni Muslim, with small pockets of Christians.

Egypt:

Population: 83 million
Language- Arabic
Military- Second most powerful and modern military in the Middle East after Israel.
Climate- Meditteranean on northern coast, desert inland, tropical on Red Sea coast
Ethnic majority- Egyptians
Religion- Sunni Muslim, 85-90%, Christians (mainly Copts) 10%.

I love evaluating countries.

Muezzin
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Crikey.

I'd hate to see these particular football hooligans react to Thierry Henry's blatant handball.

GuestFellow
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak has stepped into a row with Algeria, vowing he will not tolerate the "humiliation" of Egyptian nationals abroad.

:skeleton:

AlHoda
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
'On Friday afternoon, worshippers leaving a mosque in the neighbouring Mohandisseen district gathered after prayers to again burn Algerian flags and chant anti-Algerian slogans. ' BBC News -Egypt-Algeria World Cup anger turns violent in cairo

O____o

AlHoda
11-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Maybe, he should be their new coach;D Unbelievable what football can do to people, I think neither countries should enter the World Cup, it's a shame.:hmm:

Blackpool
11-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Football is not just a game... it's a religion..!

Amadeus85
11-21-2009, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
For many yes, but treating a game like religion is fundamentally stupid.

جوري
11-21-2009, 10:58 PM
nice to see the mad cow heated over something.. wow so soccer is his thing, just not a capsized ship filled with pilgrims or pit holes in crappy streets which several pregnant women lost their fetuses and their lives or doctors killed abroad by lunatic Nazis..

wonders never cease!

GuestFellow
11-21-2009, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
I know some people who treat football like some sort of religion. Bunch of nutters...

جوري
11-21-2009, 11:09 PM
is it just me or does that guy look more like a gnome with each passing day?

GuestFellow
11-21-2009, 11:58 PM
^ They look alike. ^_^

Ramadhan
11-22-2009, 05:45 AM
are they related?

:D

Danah
11-22-2009, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
'On Friday afternoon, worshippers leaving a mosque in the neighbouring Mohandisseen district gathered after prayers to again burn Algerian flags and chant anti-Algerian slogans. ' BBC News -Egypt-Algeria World Cup anger turns violent in cairo

O____o
Are those people for real!!!!!!!
SubhanAllah what kind of self-disgrading is this??

The_Prince
11-22-2009, 10:46 AM
perhaps mubarak can first work on stopping Egyptions from being humiliated in their own lands by his criminal security forces who torture, rape, and kill several Egyptions. seriously, is this guy for real or what.

جوري
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
are they related?

:D
Let me give the atheist response --I believe they share a common ancestor! ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
perhaps mubarak can first work on stopping Egyptions from being humiliated in their own lands by his criminal security forces who torture, rape, and kill several Egyptions. seriously, is this guy for real or what.
Egyptians being humiliated in Egypt is a civil right :hmm:
when it happens abroad it is a blessing of course for abandoning the mother land and being greedy.. unless you are a scantily clad female actress and apparently a reprieve is also granted footballers

:wa:

ardianto
11-23-2009, 06:03 AM
I have seen on my TV, two Polish supporter groups had a 'different' way to solve the problem between them. They meet on the yard and fought under supervision of referee.

This was a crazy way, of course. But maybe we can consider this way as the last way to solve the problem between football supporters.

Riot that caused by football were frequently happened in everywhere. Last week, a football match causing a war between two villages in Indonesia. They attacked each other with handmade guns and killed one villager. :phew

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.