/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sikh campaigner for BNP set to become party's first non-white member

Uthman
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Rajinder Singh says he supports far-right party's anti-Islam stance

A Sikh man who has campaigned for the BNP in support of its anti-Islam stance has been put forward to be the party's first non-white member.

Rajinder Singh, who is in his late 70s, has twice lent support to Nick Griffin during the British National party leader's court appearances and appeared in an election broadcast for the party in 2005. There have been suggestions that he could stand as a BNP candidate at next year's general election.

Singh, who came to Britain in 1967, used to pen a regular column for the party's Freedom newspaper and has spoken at BNP meetings where he has been vehement in his criticism of Muslims, talking about his experiences at the partition of India in 1947. He was born in Lahore, which became part of Pakistan after partition, and blames Muslims for the death of his father during the bloody split of India.

The BNP's senior members voted last weekend to hold a party-wide ballot on whether to allow non-white people to join. That followed the party's agreement to a court order last month to use all reasonable endeavours to revise its constitution so that it did not breach the equality bill in the face of a challenge to its membership policy by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

Martin Wingfield, the communications officer for the party's two MEPs and the its prospective parliamentary candidate for Workington, wrote on his blog in support of admitting non-whites, and Singh in particular. "I say adapt and survive and give the brave and loyal Rajinder Singh the honour of becoming the first ethnic minority member of the BNP," wrote Wingfield.

Singh, a former teacher from Wellingborough in Northamptonshire, said he would be "honoured" to become a full member of the BNP.

"I got in touch with the BNP on certain core policies that appeal to me," he told the Independent. "I also admire them since they are on their own patch and do not wish to let anyone else oust them from the land of their ancestors."

In 2001, after the September 11 attacks on the US, he said he wanted to set up an Asian Friends of the BNP group to act as a supporting body and conduit for funds for people sympathetic to the party's anti-Islamic stance.

A BNP spokesman said he would be "quite happy" to have Singh as a member, adding that the retired teacher recognised that he was a "guest of ours". "We have always maintained it's not really about skin colour, it's about ethnicity," he said. He emphasised that the party's membership list, suspended following last month's court order, remained closed for the time being.

Source:The Guardian

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM
:haha: hehee :lol:

what can I say, except good luck with all of that!

Rabi'ya
11-20-2009, 07:55 PM
next you'll be telling me that they are not a racist party!

GuestFellow
11-20-2009, 07:56 PM
What a joker.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
11-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I got a BNP letter down my house cos I live in a white dominated area, and it was soo anti islamic, and much of the stuff wasn't even true.

There was stuff like "what have Muslim's brought to this country except honour killings and bla bla bla"

Muezzin
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
"We have always maintained it's not really about skin colour, it's about ethnicity," he said.

جوري
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
next you'll be telling me that they are not a racist party!
lol.. if such is the case, I wonder how else I should I understand this line?

"We have always maintained it's not really about skin colour, it's about ethnicity," he said

I think it is imperative they let that fellow in, it might actually highlight what they truly stand for.. overt hatred toward Muslims, no more no less!

Rabi'ya
11-20-2009, 07:59 PM
lol. that was sarcasm and it seems the bnp are becoming the next bush with the stupid quotes rofl

Muezzin
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I feel I should add that Mr Singh does not speak for all Sikh people.

Round my way at least, Sikhs and Muslims tend to get along just fine.

The BNP are no friends of Asians or any other ethnic group that falls outside their fallacious definition of 'British people'.

Rabi'ya
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
yeh absolutely. I;m quite shocked i must say. he's the first sikh ive heard of supporting them

Ar-RaYYan
11-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Very amusing :D

Although i must add that i cant stand those who suck up to other people<_<

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I find this rather hilarious don't you? I mean who started the partition? HELLO, the British. Who was the cause of the bloodshed? HELLO, colonization of the British.

Plus I'm sure a Muslim died by a Sikh? I mean they were turned against each other...

And yes as far as I'm concerned, in general both get along well. I too have a Sikh friend.

Supreme
11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
This is actually hilarious. This is the equivalent of a Jew joining the Nazis, or Osama bin Laden becoming an ordained bishop in the Roman Catholic Church.

nocturnal
11-21-2009, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
This is actually hilarious. This is the equivalent of a Jew joining the Nazis, or Osama bin Laden becoming an ordained bishop in the Roman Catholic Church.
Lol. Good one. Or like Bush and Cheney joining the anti-war coalition.

aamirsaab
11-21-2009, 12:26 AM
:sl:
I feel like I should say something about this topic, but nothing intelligent comes to mind.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-21-2009, 01:27 AM
^^Perhaps because the situation must be intelligent to give an intelligent answer? :p

Amadeus85
11-21-2009, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Lol. Good one. Or like Bush and Cheney joining the anti-war coalition.
Or Garflied joining the Doberman Fanclub Party.

aadil77
11-21-2009, 06:35 PM
what a coconut, he doesn't realise he's being used

nocturnal
11-21-2009, 11:59 PM
If they ever came to power, he'd very much be amongst the first batch of people to be rounded up and deported. He probably couldn't find any other forum from which to vent his vile anti-Islamic vitriol, so he resorted to a party of likeminded bigots.

czgibson
11-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Greetings,

Amazing story. It's always interesting hearing someone try to defend preposterous, self-conflicting views, so I'm sure I'd enjoy having a chat with Mr. Singh. Still, I can't see how the BNP think having him on their side will help their chances with the British public.

Peace

Supreme
11-22-2009, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Amazing story. It's always interesting hearing someone try to defend preposterous, self-conflicting views, so I'm sure I'd enjoy having a chat with Mr. Singh. Still, I can't see how the BNP think having him on their side will help their chances with the British public.

Peace
Ironically, it may make them less successful amongst their racist fanbase!

czgibson
11-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Ironically, it may make them less successful amongst their racist fanbase!
Absolutely. They should change their name to "The Self-Foot Shooting Party".

Peace

Uthman
02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Sikh will be first non-white in far-right BNP

CosmicPathos
02-24-2010, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

The BNP are no friends of Asians or any other ethnic group that falls outside their fallacious definition of 'British people'.
Sikh lay people might be friendly to us. But those who are knowledgeable of their religion and Adi Granth know that Muslims (Muhammadi as they call us) are their arch enemies. Evidence? Go and read Indian history, they have always availed every opportunity to commit Muslim genocide, even if they had to conspire with their own Hindu enemies.

You might find tolerant and humanistic Sikhs in the West but you need to visit Indian Punjab only. Its about time that the "tolerant" sikhs denounce the actions of the extremist majority.

Supreme
02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I've always found Sikhs a rather nice bunch of people. Indian history is littered with Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs committing genocide against one another, (with Indian Christians generally staying neutral), although India has always struggled with the very religions that make her great.

Salahudeen
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
LOL I frequently get BNP letters posted to my house as I live in a white dominated area where the people just sit on benefits and drink alcohol and don't have any education.

anyway they post a campaign leaflet to my house every so often, and it all ways contains some anti Islamic stuff, they literally blame Muslim's for all the problems of great britain LOL.

it was stuff like "What have the Muslim's ever brought to this country except honour killings"

a big page on anti islamic stuff, I ripped it up, then I got another 1 this time it contained a small paragraph of anti islamic stuff.

they make out as if all the problems of Britain are a result of Muslims and if they got rid of all the Muslim's the problems would just dissappear.

they target areas' where the population is uneducated and just sit on benefits getting "pissed up" all the time.

S<Chowdhury
02-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Another news source reported differently from Brother Uthmān original post on what Mr. Singh said

In 2001 this man set up a group called "Asian friends of the BNP", who apparently sympathised with the party because of their anti-islam policies. Singh said 'Every Hindu and Sikh should be praising the BNP'. He said he has voted for the BNP in every election since he discovered Griffin on TV in 2001 criticising islam.

Hmmm doesn't this guy realise that the BNP are not Pro-Jewish or Pro-Sikh or Pro-Hindu....they are fascists :raging::raging::raging: with the agenda to eradicate nearly all foreigners from the UK

nazeer_uk
02-24-2010, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Have to rate this guy, he must have a high level of tolerance level.

aadil77
02-24-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Yh same here

zana
02-25-2010, 09:00 PM
it says it all really when a political party recruits people depending on who they hate

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.