/* */

PDA

View Full Version : permissable???

AnonymousPoster
11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
:sl:

My cousin and a few of his friends are constantly stealing from the kufar and they say its permissible, but wallahi if you see these people in the streets or real life they are very good Muslims in and out, they pray 5 times a day, fast, don't talk to sisters i can even ask him about the deen and he will know what im talking about and refer to the surah, but its just that one little thing that's holding them back I don't know where they got this piece of information from, but i don't want to hassle him as at it will come out as an argument.
Any ideas?? on how to make him stop.
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Your friends are stupid. It's haram to steal full stop.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-21-2009, 07:47 PM

You shouldn't be stealing from anyone, be they Muslim or not. Just as you wouldn't harm someone for no reason. This isn't the adab of a Muslim. How can you pray and do all that's required of you, but steal from another? I would like to know where they got this from as well, it's odd really...

"A true Muslim is one from whose hands and tongue mankind is safe."

Being a Muslim, others should be able to look up to us in character and be able to trust. Stealing from someone is a cheap thing to do. Taking something that does not belong to you, how can this be deemed permissible? Let alone for a Muslim? You should explain this to them inshaAllah.

Hamza Asadullah
11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

My cousin and a few of his friends are constantly stealing from the kufar and they say its permissible, but wallahi if you see these people in the streets or real life they are very good Muslims in and out, they pray 5 times a day, fast, don't talk to sisters i can even ask him about the deen and he will know what im talking about and refer to the surah, but its just that one little thing that's holding them back I don't know where they got this piece of information from, but i don't want to hassle him as at it will come out as an argument.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, when you say stealing from kufaar do you mean as in fraud and money laundering etc? Or literally stealing from people? Do they use the excuse that they are living in kaafir lands to justify what they are doing?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
:sl::ooh: i cannot believe what i am reading muslims stealing oh dear this is not good at all what if they got caught by a non muslim and that non muslim will think that i will never revert to islam and muslims are all thieves? have they ever thought about this! :ermm:

Binyamine
11-21-2009, 10:05 PM
You should tell them to respect their neighbor and the LAW.

The prophet Mohammad [ peace be upon him ] used to put much emphasis on holding good relation with the neighbor so much that the sahaba would think that the neighbor would have a right in heritage.

We should put the example to show the on-muslims how great a religion Islaam is.

AnonymousPoster
11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
literatley stealin, e.g. robbing houses, but not face to face
i dony actually know where they got this piece of information but i cant actually confront him about it as he doed not know i know as i fond out from a friend.

Hamza Asadullah
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
i dony actually know where they got this piece of information but i cant actually confront him about it as he doed not know i know as i fond out from a friend.
Give this to them:

Stealing From Non-Muslims in the West

It is to be stressed that what is unlawful for a Muslim is still unlawful for him/her wherever he/she goes. Unlawful behaviors remain unlawful whether in a Muslim or a non-Muslim country. Muslim scholars agree that stealing from non-Muslims is forbidden. By having citizenship, a residence permit or a visa of a non-Muslim country, a Muslim enters into a peaceful agreement with non-Muslims, and he must respect the agreements and never betray them. This is because respecting agreements and treaties and honesty are among the basic characteristics of a Muslim.

In his response to the question in point, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hanooti, member of the North American Fiqh Council, states

A priority in a Muslim's life is to please Allah and to demonstrate the best manners of a human being. The teachings of Islam are not effective if not practiced by good Muslims. How would a Muslim make da`wah (calling to Islam) to a non-Muslim if he/she is showing him that they have double standards? All those doings you mentioned are sinful and shameful.

What is haram (unlawful) is haram for everybody, wherever they are. Categorizing certain areas to be "Dar al-Harb" or "Dar al-Islam" does not fit the realistic understanding of Islam, especially when you live in the Western countries. Al-Mawardi says, 'Wherever you practice your deen (religion), that is Dar al-Islam.'

Shedding more light on the issue of stealing from non-Muslims, Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, states:

No one is unaware of the fact that stealing is a major sin, for which Allah has enjoined the punishment of having the hand cut off. The Shari`ah makes no distinction between the wealth of a male and the wealth of a female, or between the wealth of a minor and the wealth of an adult, or between the wealth of a Muslim and the wealth of a non-Muslim. The only exception made by the Shari`ah is the wealth of non-Muslims who are waging war against the Muslims.

The Muslim should be a good example of trustworthiness, honoring agreements and good character. When Muslims have had such characteristics, this has been the cause of many non-Muslims entering Islam, because they saw the beauties of Islam and the good character of its people.

The Muslim who regards the non-Muslims’ wealth as permissible, whether he is in a Muslim country or in a non-Muslim country, is doing the non-Muslims a great favor and helping them to distort the image of Islam and Muslims; he is thereby helping those who are launching attacks against Islam.

When a Muslim enters a non-Muslim country, it is as if he is entering into a peaceful agreement with them – which is the visa which is given to him to enable him to enter their country – so if he takes their wealth unlawfully, then he is breaking that agreement, in addition to being a thief.

The wealth that he steals from them is haram. It was narrated that al-Mughirah ibn Shu`bah kept company with some people during the jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic period). He killed them and took their wealth, then he came and entered Islam. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “As for your Islam, I accept it, and as for the wealth, I have nothing to do with it.” According to the version of Abu Dawud, “As for your Islam, we accept it, and as for the wealth it is obtained through treachery, and we have no need of it.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Abu Dawud)

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar said: The phrase “and as for the wealth, I have nothing to do with it” means, I will not touch it because it was obtained through treachery. What we learn from this is that it is not permissible to take the wealth of non-Muslims by treachery when they have trusted you and granted you safety, because when people accompany one another (when traveling), they do so on the basis of mutual trust, and that trust should not be betrayed, whether the other person is a Muslim or a non-Muslim. The wealth of non-Muslims is only permissible in the case of combat and war. (Fath al-Bari, vol. 5, p. 341)

Ash-Shafa`i (may Allah have mercy on him) said: When a Muslim enters Dar al-Harb on peaceful terms, and finds himself in a position to take something of their wealth, it is not permissible for him to take it, whether it is a little or a lot, because if he is safe from them, they should be safe from him, and because it is not permissible for him to take anything from them when they have given him safety except what it is permissible for him to take from the wealth of the Muslims and ahl adh-dhimmah (non-Muslims living under the protection of the Muslim state). (Al-Umm, vol. 4, p. 284)

As-Sarkhasi, the famous Hanafi scholar, said: It is not right for a Muslim who is on peaceful terms with them to betray them, because betrayal is haram. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: “Every betrayer will have a banner by his backside on the Day of Resurrection, by which his betrayal will be known.” If he betrays them and steals their wealth, and brings it to the Muslim lands, it is not right for a Muslim to buy from him if he knows about that, because he has obtained it in an evil manner, and buying from him is encouraging him in that, which it is not right for the Muslim to do. (Al-Mabsut, vol. 10, p. 96)

Duties of Muslims Living in the West

What a Muslim should concern himself with when dealing with such issue is the interest of Muslims, in particular, and all humans, in general. Islam, as a universal religions, pays great attention to the welfare and well-being of all humans. Its mission is meant to spread peace, tolerance, cooperation, prosperity, etc., amongst all peoples.

Therefore, the division of the world into Dar Al-Islam and Dar Al-Kufr is on the basis of Da`wah, not war. War has no place in Islam except in necessary cases such as defending the Muslim land, honor, and property against violation. In this context, we recall the following Qur’anic verses that lay down the glittering principles to be adopted by Muslims when dealing with non-Muslims:

“Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo ! Allah loveth the just dealers. Allah forbiddeth you only those who warred against you on account of religion and have driven you out from your homes and helped to drive you out, that ye make friends of them. Whosoever maketh friends of them (All) such are wrong doers.” (Al-Mumtahinah: 8-9)

Focusing more on the Question in point, Sheikh Faisal Mawlawi, Deputy Chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states:

“There is no problem as regards defining the abode of Islam (Dar Al-Islam) and that of disbelief (Dar Al-Kufr). The abode of Islam is any country in which there is a Muslim majority even if its ruler does not completely abide by Islam and even if the government there displays some sort of anti-Islam schemes or policies. In contrast, every country that has a non-Muslim majority is regarded as an abode of disbelief.

It’s noteworthy that this division has no significance save the goal of propagating Islam and spreading its message to all and sundry.

As we see in Muslim countries, Muslim Du`ah (callers to Islam) aim at reforming the systems and exhorting the government so that they will completely abide by the Islamic teachings, whereas in non-Muslim countries they aim at spreading the Islamic message among non-Muslims so as to convince them to embrace Islam.

It’s a fact that some Muslims regard every non-Muslim country as an abode of war (Dar Al-Harb), basing this on the opinions of some jurists who were greatly influenced by certain historical circumstances. In my opinion, this is not true, for the general rule regarding the abode of disbelief is that they should be regarded originally as an abode of Da`wah (calling to Islam) not of war. But they may turn into an abode of war under certain circumstances and within certain conditions.”

Duties of Muslims Living in the West

Muslims all over the world especially those living in majority non-Muslim countries in the west should try their best to give non-Muslims a positive view about Islam and the real traits of Muslims. Muslims in those parts of the world are ordered to be law-abiding citizens and they should work for the wellbeing of their respective communities.

Responding to the question, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, states the following:

There are many religious duties for a Muslim who lives in the West. Some of those religious duties may be classified as follows:

The Duty to Keep One’s Muslim Identity:

This can be achieved by sticking to Islamic commands, trying to understand the tenets of faith, showing keenness on performing daily prayers in the masjid, cooperating with fellow Muslim brothers on that which is good and righteous, and seeking religious knowledge from reliable scholars regarding new problematic issues.

The Duty Towards One’s Family:

Although every Muslim is obliged to take care of his family, such an obligation is stressed in the West because when the Muslim lacks the watchful eye, this rings alarm for family disintegration that may ensue, in addition to children lacking the proper Islamic care.

In more than one occasion, I told brothers and sisters living in the west that if they find it extremely difficult to bring up their children Islamically, they should go back to their countries of origin, as staying in the west in this case will cause an irreparable harm to the whole family. It will be of no avail to amass worldly riches and neglect religious ordinances.

Duty of Muslims Towards One Another:

With Muslims being a minority in those non-Muslim countries, they ought to unite together as one man. Referring to this, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: “A believer to his fellow believing brother is like a building whose bricks cement each other.”

Hence, Muslims in those countries have to unite and to reject any form of division that is capable of turning them to an easy prey for others.

Duty of Muslims Towards the Society Where They Reside:

Muslims in the west ought to be sincere callers to their religion. They should keep in mind that calling others to Islam is not only restricted to scholars and Sheikhs, but it goes far to encompass every committed Muslim. As we see scholars and Sheikhs delivering khutbas and lectures, writing books to defend Islam, it is no wonder to find lay Muslims practicing da`wah while employing wisdom and fair exhortation.

Duty to Adopt and Champion the Rights of the Muslim Ummah:

Such kind of duty involves championing the Cause of Palestine, Iraq,Kosova, Chechnya (and other places where Muslims are facing great ordeals), with the sincere intention to return back the usurped rights to their legitimate owners.

Nowadays, we see the Jews, from the four corners of the world, championing and backing Israel, and we call on all Muslims in all parts of the world saying that it is high time to champion the rights of their Muslim Ummah.

Taken from Islamonline

Sampharo
11-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Robbing houses is the full condition of theft which is punishable by hand-cutting in Islam. Theft does not require that it is from a muslim for the punishment to be applied, it can be from a themmee or non-muslim. Even at war and in hostile grounds this is considered pillaging which is forbidden.

You are required to report them and have them arrested for this heinous crime, and I would advise you to immediately escape with your religion from people who had the ignorance and lack of virtue to not only break into homes and rob, but to also dare to think it is halal.

Astaghferollah AlAtheem

ardianto
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM

Are they joined in one group ?
I mean are they learn Islam in the same place and from the same person ?.

It remind me to similar cases in Indonesia. There were some groups which stealing from non-Muslim is not only halal but wajib (obligation), because they need money for funding their organization.

Indonesian ulama have issued fatwas that say group like these are deviants. And usually in group like these, their Imam also teach 'strange Islam'.

Okay anon, at first, watch your cousin and his friend then find an answer, are they joined in one group ?.

cat eyes
11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
:sl:Tell them in saudi ud get your hand chopped off for it thats how serious this crime is in islam :raging:

ardianto
11-23-2009, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:Tell them in saudi ud get your hand chopped off for it thats how serious this crime is in islam :raging:

They know about it, even they know if stealing and robbing is haram in Islam. But I guess, if they say that is permissible that's because someone teach them and gives them some daleel (argument) that say stealing from non-Muslim is halal in certain situation, and now they are in this certain situation. There were some similar cases like this in Indonesia.

Anonymous, try to find where and from who they learn Islamic knowledge.

Rafeeq
11-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Stealing is Haram and there is no question about it.
They must stop otherwise, they shall have to answer before Allah. And He will not forgive HUQOOQ-ul-EBAAD, as it comes under this category.

Āhmed
11-23-2009, 06:04 AM
:salamext:
I do not know where you reside but if you live in a Muslim country please report because they will take action. If you live in a country not governed by a Muslim,then I advise you to still report it and attempt to preach them on the benefits(which are none) and disadvantages (deed wise) . Only then if they are true Muslims will they tale heed in this advice. You must be a loyal friend,seeking help for them. If they do not stop please get new friends,as any companion will assist you in attaining heaven or hell.Dont let those people ruin it for you. But try your best as a Muslim brother. Make duaa for them.

Stealing is clearly haara'm in Islam. The evidence provided by Hamza81 is clear.

Ansariyah
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Wat? Pls tell me they're no longer ur friends¬!

Dont they know that Allah hates injustice no matter who are wat its done against.

AnonymousPoster
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry First i am a sister, i kind of speak to my cousin but i dont really know his friends but i just know through someone.

Secondly, they are not in some kind of group they are just close friends :hmm:.

But i dont know what to say to him as as hardly speak to him and i will just come out of this out of the blue, and if i do tell my cousin will definetley know who it is, so i dont want to cause trouble.

An-Nughair
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Salamun 'alayik

You should get a senior member of your family to have a word with your cousin. Sooner or later he will get caught and will pay the consequences, and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he is seen on the next day's tabloid as "Muslim man caught robbing house of a Non-Muslim", this will only damage the name of Islam and the west will see Muslims even more negatively than ever before.

It is absolutely wrong to steal, whether be it from a Muslim or Non-Muslim.

I pray your cuz repents for what he's done and give back what he stole from those people.

Hamza Asadullah
11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry First i am a sister, i kind of speak to my cousin but i dont really know his friends but i just know through someone.

Secondly, they are not in some kind of group they are just close friends :hmm:.

But i dont know what to say to him as as hardly speak to him and i will just come out of this out of the blue, and if i do tell my cousin will definetley know who it is, so i dont want to cause trouble.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister copy and print my last post which i sent to you of the scholarly perspective of stealing in the lands of the kufaar and hand it to them somehow whether it is direct or indirect. After that leave it to Allah because you cannot do more than that.

We are just informers and Allah is the guide so hopefully after reading the scholarly perspective they will get convinced that what they are doing is not correct and against the teachings of Islam. Also continue to make dua for them and that is all you can do and actually the best thing that you can do.

Hope that helps and Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.