/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Othello coursework

ismahan
11-21-2009, 05:55 PM
IM REALLY STUCK IVE GOT TO DO A 1,500 WORD ESSAY IVE ONLI DONE 500 WORDS SO FAR AND THE TITLE IS
"DISCUSS THE VIEW THAT OTHELLO IS A WOMANS TRAGEDY WHICH HAPPENS BECAUSE OF MALE INSECURITIES"
I REALLY NEED HELP
ANY KIND OF HELP WILL DO
BTW DIS ESSAY IS IN FOR MONDAY :exhausted
THANK YOU

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-21-2009, 06:31 PM
you know othello was supposedly a Muslim from north Africa who held a high rank as an officer in a non-Muslim army,.. his wife and he were set up so someone (I don't remember who) would take over his high ranking position, I don't remember who planted a handkerchief he'd given his wife in another man's room so it would seem as if she'd had an affair, he killed her but the story unraveled and he found out that she was innocent and as such overwhelmed with guilt he killed himself.. He was also to fight against the Ottoman's at some point.. it is a long story and I only remember snippets.. did you read it at all? ..

I am not sure how I feel about this story given the implications and the suicide.. all I can tell you is that I loved Opera and this Shakespearean play was one of the most popular operas. It would be a shame not to read it in full.. I think once you read it fully it will make sense to you and the words will just flow..

:wa:

ismahan
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
huuh i have read the whole book there is no possible way of me doing the essay if i didnt read it from back to front but i was just asking for help of others who have read it too to be honest i couldnt care less if he was a muslim or not cuz dats irrelevant to my essay but thanks anywayz.

جوري
11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
let's see what you have written so far, it is the only way to know which areas need more work and what can be left out.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.