/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Zakat

anonymous
11-21-2009, 06:16 PM
As Salam Mu Alaikum

I've been really ignorant and stupid. I'm 22 years old and have not paid Zakat. I know I have committed a major sin. I have asked ALLAH(SWT) for forgiveness. Also I want to make it right by paying all the Zakat that I have missed.

Can I do this? In future when should I pay my Zakat. I don't work but have worked in the past. Do I need to pay Zakat for anything else.

JazakALLAH-heir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-21-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
As Salam Mu Alaikum

I've been really ignorant and stupid. I'm 22 years old and have not paid Zakat. I know I have committed a major sin. I have asked ALLAH(SWT) for forgiveness. Also I want to make it right by paying all the Zakat that I have missed.

Can I do this? In future when should I pay my Zakat. I don't work but have worked in the past. Do I need to pay Zakat for anything else.

JazakALLAH-heir.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, everything you want to know about zakat and how to calculate and what to pay with etc is here:

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/Zakat/

For any questions on zakat related issues then click here and speak to a scholar about it:

http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/AskShiek.aspx

Innocent Soul
11-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Assalamualakum
We have to pay zakat in a year whether in Ramadan or another month.It is not important to pay zakat only in ramadan.

Abdul Qadir
11-22-2009, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualakum
We have to pay zakat in a year whether in Ramadan or another month.It is not important to pay zakat only in ramadan.
Hi Safiya..Salam

I thought Zakat in ramadan is Zakat Fitrrah and the other Zakat is different to it? the latter is about 2% of our annual income come end of the year?

=)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
11-22-2009, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Hi Safiya..Salam

I thought Zakat in ramadan is Zakat Fitrrah and the other Zakat is different to it? the latter is about 2% of our annual income come end of the year?

=)

Just to clarify.

Zakat is payable on our savings which is more than a certian threshod with us for the time of one year and paid 2.5% of the total amount. Link posted by Brother Hamza may please be consulted.

Just to explain a little, a girl who is married on 10 Shaban and given mehar and other gifts of jewelary etc and if it increases reaches the quantity of threshod value, she becomes eligible to pay Zakaat. now as she keeps the same threshod maintain for the whole year, next year at 10 Shabaan, she has to pay Zakaat by 2.5% of the amount of jewelary + money she has have.

IAmZamzam
11-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Here are two easy means of free charity you can practice in addition to giving what you can of your income:

First, as indicated in my signature, there is Givoogle, a variation of Google. If you use it as your search engine from now on, you'll be donating to charity automatically. They explain how it works on the site itself but basically, the money they get from the advertisers who pay them for displaying their banners at the bottom of the screen goes to charity.

Second, there is Free Rice (freerice.com). It works the same way, so that you're effectively donating rice to the poor just by answering trivia questions. They let you take multiple tries and I think there are difficulty setting adjustments, and you can switch academic subjects. The important thing is the actual banner display. And that's why you must follow their rule not to set up a posting bot system thingie: if people do that, their sponsors may find out and pull the plug and the whole thing is nixed. Just contribute yourself. They'll let you keep track of how much rice you've donated.

Innocent Soul
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Actually I don't kno much about it.I heard about it in a gathering.I'm not much big to pay zakah etc my parents pay it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.