/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Atheist Bus Campaign

Supreme
11-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Do you agree with the atheist bus campaign?

http://www.atheistbus.org.uk/

I think it's a sorry sight that such a campaign has funding by atheists in the first place. I'm all for freedom of speech, by atheists shouldn't highjack buses and use them as a religious battleground. Apparantly, some atheist in need of a social life came up with the campaign when she saw a religious advert on a bus. Clearly offended, (and clearly in need of a job or some other activity in her life to keep her occupied), she decided to launch a campaign saying that God 'probably doesn't exist.'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-21-2009, 07:09 PM
[Pickthal 8:36] Lo! those who disbelieve spend their wealth in order that they may debar (men) from the way of God. They will spend it, then it will become an anguish for them, then they will be conquered. And those who disbelieve will be gathered unto hell

glo
11-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't know, Supreme.
I wonder whether us 'religious folk' sometimes don't realise how annoying/offensive/irritating it must be for non-believers to have religious statements forced upon them.
Reading the message on the bus campaign probably makes me bristle inside similarly to how atheists would if faced with banners saying that 'Jesus loves you' ...

On another note, I think it is perhaps not a bad thing to bring God to the attention of the masses in such a high profile way.
Everybody reading the slogan will be confronted with the question whether or not God exists. So he probably doesn't ... or does he ... ??? Hopefully it gets people wondering.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.