/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music addiction ?

Innocent Soul
11-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Assalamualaikum
I and my two sisters listened music and after we come to kno it is haram we tried to leave it and we did it but the problem is my one of the sister started listening music again :raging: and now my another sister too.
I'm only left.I dont understand how to tell my sisters. :phew They are listening music more and more as the days go on.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
11-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Tell them gentaly. Recite Quran before them and offer them Islamic books and biographies of Sahabiyaat. It is addiction and takes time to go.

May Allah proctact us all.

Innocent Soul
11-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Jazakallah
I'll try it today.May Allah help us
Ameen.

OurIslamic
11-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Pray to Allah (SWT) for help. Inshallah, you will find a way to help your sisters. However, just make sure that you don't fall into the same trap as they did!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmed_indian
11-23-2009, 08:25 AM
show them scholars view on music. tell them politely that they might weaken their case in front of Allah on Day of Judgment.

also one story, a person was listening to music while driving...he met accident. his frnd told him to say "shahada" but we was only able to repeat song's lyrics.

may Allah save us. Ameen

An-Nughair
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Wa 'alaykum Salaam

One thing I found is that people who generally listen to music, be it hip-hop, r 'n' b, pop, bollywood etc is that they claim that the Qur'an doesn't state Music is haram, so its fine to listen to Music.

When they realise that that Qur'an DOES state Music is prohibited, they'll change their ways hopefully insha'Allah.

For further reading check out these sites:
http://www.daruliftaa.com/question.a...nID=q-12513589
http://www.daruliftaa.com/question.a...nID=q-05353843

An-Nughair
11-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Even better is to give them Nasheed CD's especially by Dawud Wharnsby Ali, Zain Bhikha, Shaam, Talib al-Habib, Ahmed Bukhatir, etc.

Hamza Asadullah
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum
I and my two sisters listened music and after we come to kno it is haram we tried to leave it and we did it but the problem is my one of the sister started listening music again :raging: and now my another sister too.
I'm only left.I dont understand how to tell my sisters. :phew They are listening music more and more as the days go on.
Asalaamu Alaikum wr wb, the way i think of it is you just need to look into the lives of the people who rap and sing and you will notice what pathetic lives they lead. I just think to myself why should i listen to the music of scum like that? Thats how i went away from music and im from the west as you are and music is all around me as well but i have no interest in listening to the music of these pathetic people who decieve others and themselves into portraying themselves as something they are not!

Most of them end up getting rehabilitation because of the kind of scum lifestyle they lead. Don't think to yuorself that these people are happy, because only Allah knows what they are feeling in their hearts and reading and hearing the stories from a lot of these singers, rappers and celebrities lives they lead a life of turmoil and torture because they don't know who they really are! Shaythan ruins their minds and they lose their own identity and end up getting addicted to drugs and intoxication to block out their turmoil!

What i do is got myself a walkman and download beautiful Qur'anic recitation AND listen to IT wherever i go. If you listen to Qur'anic recitation then you will actually get the reward like your reciting those words yourself Subhanallah!

So lets not listen to the Music of these people who try to portray a false image of themselves to us and tell us their lies and talk about forbiden things like its a good thing!

Nowadays you get these catchy tunes of rappers and singers talking about haraam and forbidden evil and you see a lot of our own brothers and sisters repeating those evil words and blasting it in their cars with pride and singing wholeheartedly the evil words of the song.

Remember if we were to die whilst hearing evil words from Music what would our fate be? We have to think reality and we have to gain hatred in our hearts for ALL evils especially Music because music causes hypocrisy in the heart and a person who listens to music will have shaythan in thir blood stream! Those people who love music will also be the followers of the AntiChrist Dajaal who will play beautiful music and the lovers of music will follow him like a swarm of bees!

So let us listen to the beautiful recitiation of the words of Allah and give up the evil Music of shaythan whose words are lies and deception for our ears and whos words are contrary to the teachings of the Qur'an and sunnah. Let us build hatred in our hearts for music and the people who sing it so that we can never go back to that which we hate!

May Allah save us from ALL evil and surround us with goodness and make us of the pious and god fearing! Ameen

Hayfa
11-23-2009, 10:23 PM
The truth is you can't pick and choose what u like and dislike about Islam. Islam is a complete way of life. Let them know that.

It takes time and patience to stop but nothings easy. I know what it feels like because my house hold all listen to music and its really hard to advise them to stop.

Once you throw music out your life and replace it with Quran you then start to see how much disgust actually lies in it all.

When ever my brother has it on, i say don't you fear Allah? turn it off, and he mumbles and tries changing the subject. So he has his ear plugs in his ears i tell him to sing the song out loudly infront of everyone. once he did it and it wasn't pretty he started to sing just a few words and was too shy to say the rest.

Listen to nasheeds, don't have them listen to the ones that contain music tho. Be careful of them.

End of Music
http://www.kalamullah.com/kamal-el-mekki.html

Have them listen to this InshaAllah.

:statisfie

unitedmuslim73
11-24-2009, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum
talk to them gently and ask them if will those singers or those musicians save them from the fire of hell.

Show them proofs that music is haraam in all aspects and try downloading some Quran recitation from Sheik Mishary and Imam al-sudais...

Innocent Soul
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Jazakallah brothers and sisters
Even whenever I hear Quranic recitations I feel so satisfied and peaceful.
May Allah save us from Music.
Ameen.:)

Esther462
11-24-2009, 04:57 PM
I love music and I've found it hard to give that up and I've been trying for 2 years. I now lison to music by Yusuf Islam and Sami Yusuf as I really like there music and songs and they really good.

Uthman
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
I love music and I've found it hard to give that up and I've been trying for 2 years. I now lison to music by Yusuf Islam and Sami Yusuf as I really like there music and songs and they really good.
Sister, try not to listen to songs containing musical instruments. I know it's hard, but it's not impossible. SubhanAllah, I have seen people who have given up careers which revolved around music (with instruments) for the sake of Allah.

The last thing we want is to be standing in front of Allah on the day of judgement, regretting it and wishing that we had exerted a little more effort in trying to resist the temptation to do haraam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.