/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Farz qurbani on EID?

icoo50
11-22-2009, 07:49 AM
This is my question and please no irrelevant replies.
1. Wat is the Farz qurbani on Eid.(i dont remember but i heard this on some channel that only one qurbani of 1 animal is farz like cow camal etc. and u can give away rest of the money to poors. like spendin 15k on 1 bakra and giving away 85k is better than spendin 100k on 1 cow. )
2. on whom is it farz like im in a business with my father so do i have do buy 1 bakra for myself or my father can buy 1 and i can give away the money.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
fahim kamran
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
i will be geeting back to you brother soon

Muslim Woman
10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Salaam

Who is Required to Perform Qurbani?

Every adult Muslim, male or female, who owns 613.35 grams of silver or its equivalent in money, personal ornaments, stock-in-trade or any other form of wealth which is surplus to his basic needs, is under an obligation to offer a Qurbani.

Each adult member of a family who owns the above mentioned amount must perform his own Qurbani separately.

If the husband owns the required quantity, but the wife does not, the Qurbani obligatory on the husband only and vice-versa. If both of them have the prescribed amount of wealth, both should perform Qurbani separately.

If the adult children live with their parents, Qurbani is obligatory on each one of them possessing the prescribed amount. The Qurbani offered by a husband for himself does not fulfil the obligation of his wife, nor can the Qurbani offered by a father discharge his son or daughter from their obligation. Each one of them should care for his own.

However, if a husband or a father, apart from offering his own Qurbani, gives another Qurbani on behalf of his wife or his son, he can do so with their permission.

No Alternate for Qurbani

Some people think that instead of offering a Qurbani they should give its amount to some poor people as charity. This attitude is totally wrong.

Actually, there are different forms of worship obligatory on Muslims. Each one of them has its own importance and none of them can stand for the other. It is not permissible for a Muslim to perform salat instead of fasting in Ramadan, nor is it permissible for him to give some charity instead of observing the obligatory Salat. Similarly, Qurbani is an independent form of worship and this obligation cannot be discharged by spending money in charity.

However, if somebody, out of his ignorance or negligence, could not offer Qurbani on the three prescribed days (10th, 1lth and 12th Dhu ‘l-Hijjah) then, in that case only, he can give the price of a Qurbani as sadaqah to those entitled to receive Zakah. But during the days of Qurbani no Sadaqah can discharge the obligation.

The Animals of Qurbani
The following animals can be slaughtered to offer a Qurbani:

1. Goat, either male or female, of at least one year of age.
2. Sheep, either male or female, of at least six months of age.
3. Cow, ox buffalo of at least two years of age.
4. Camel, male or female, of at least five years of age.

One head of goat or sheep is enough only for one person's Qurbani. But as for all other animals like cow, buffalo or camel, one head of each is equal to seven offerings thus allowing seven persons to offer Qurbani jointly in one such animal.

(())

The Sacrifice

Allaah `azza wa jall mentioned the sacrifice together with the first and foremost worship in Islaam: prayer. This is a clear indication of its great importance. Thus He ordered His Messenger, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, to slaughter sacrifices by saying: <<"…Pray unto your Lord and slaughter …">> [109:2]

Ruling

The general concensus of the Muslim scholars is that the sacrifice is an important sunnah, and a worship called for in the Law of Allaah. However, they differ as to whether it is nafl (voluntary) or waajib (mandatory) for those who can afford it. Some scholars have explained the different ahaadeeth on the subject by stating that the sacrifice is obligatory on those who can afford it and not obligatory on those who cannot.

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: "He who has the capacity, and does not sacrifice, may not approach our musallaa (place of prayer - on the Eid)." [Ibn Maajah, Ahmad and others, authenticated by Al-Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah, #2533]

Regarding this hadeeth, Imaam ash-Shaukaanee said: "Prohibiting the one who could afford to sacrifice, but did not do so, from approaching the musallaa indicates that he must have left off a waajib, as it becomes useless to offer the salaah without this waajib ." [Nayl ul-Awtaar]

a related fatwa :

.A financially-able Muslim sacrifices a single sheep or goat or shares six others in sacrificing a camel or cow as an act of worship during `Eid Al-Adha, to start on Monday.

According to the majority of scholars Udhiyah or sacrifice is a confirmed Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

It reminds Muslims of the great act of sacrifice Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) and his son Isma`eel were willing to make for the sake of God.

Scholars believe Muslims should be donating the money or meat of their Udhiyah to the people of Gaza.

..Gaza siege is chocking our people and the situation is deteriorating by the hour," he told IOL.

..Israel, backed by the US, has been closing the Gaza Strip's exits to the outside world since Hamas took control of the territory last year.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...872&pagename=Z one-English-News%2FNWELayout

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.