/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamalykum

Huma*
11-22-2009, 08:37 AM
How do I explain someone in a gentle manner who visit shrines/dargah, gives/ ask fateha, that it is not allowed in islam and he should discontinue it... Specially when the person is very short temper..
Do please give some suggestions.... also links of some good websites would be helpful.

note: I just heard about that fateha thing. i don't know what actually it is and how it is performed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Qadir
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*
How do I explain someone in a gentle manner who visit shrines/dargah, gives/ ask fateha, that it is not allowed in islam and he should discontinue it... Specially when the person is very short temper..
Do please give some suggestions.... also links of some good websites would be helpful.

note: I just heard about that fateha thing. i don't know what actually it is and how it is performed.
Salafi dawah by our brother Abu Khadeejah...youtube it sister.."its called the time we live in" its a very good call....addresses the 6 factors which preserves the sunnah..namely: location, time, number, how, type, reason....

Ummu Sufyaan
11-22-2009, 08:47 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

1. dont do so directly. maybe forward some articles about these topics to a bunch of people and include this persons email.

2. get someone to give dawah to him...someone he respects and looks up to.

3. build a good relationship with this person so that when you do tell them that such and such is haraam, they soften towards you, and hence are more readily to accept what you tell them

4. always be polite and NEVER EVER show your frustration or be impatient in guiding people towards allah even if they mock and scorn you for it.

unitedmuslim73
11-28-2009, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*

start your discussion by asking him why he does all this and wat happen for persons who do not follow the prophet advice and other similar questions...

you must find all hadith and Quranic verses to prove your point....If he still turn deaf to your call, just tell him that Allah is witness that you had done the maximum and that if he is in the right path, ask him a single proof...

btw can you tell me why fateha is not allowed or is a bad thing?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unitedmuslim73
11-29-2009, 09:57 AM

i could not gather information about it...

ardianto
11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unitedmuslim73

i could not gather information about it...
:sl:

Muslims are allowed to read Al-Fatihah in the houses or in masjid. But Muslim are not allowed to read Al-Fatihah on graves because read suraah on graves always based on intention to send that suraah to the dead persons. This is close to shirk.

Also, Rasulallah Muhammad (saw) never taught us to read suraah on graves. So, read suraah on graves is categorized as bid'ah.

Mujahideen92
11-29-2009, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Muslims are allowed to read Al-Fatihah in the houses or in masjid. But Muslim are not allowed to read Al-Fatihah on graves because read suraah on graves always based on intention to send that suraah to the dead persons. This is close to shirk.

Also, Rasulallah Muhammad (saw) never taught us to read suraah on graves. So, read suraah on graves is categorized as bid'ah.

Wait we arent supposed to read Al Fatiha on graves?? Ive been doing that on my Grandpas grave for years...

ardianto
11-30-2009, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
Wait we arent supposed to read Al Fatiha on graves?? Ive been doing that on my Grandpas grave for years...
No one say you cannot make du'a for your Grandpas without started by Al Fatiha.

Abdul Qadir
11-30-2009, 03:17 AM

True..whatever is additional/extra, its considered and invention and thus bid'ah...if once in a while we read surah fatihah thats different...or if u have the habit of reading the fatihah before everytime you make any sort of supplication, then thats different. but to specifically read surah fatihah when praying for the deceased, that is an invention....as the great imam Malik put it:

Imaam Maalik said, "he who innovates an innovation in Islaam regarding it as something good, has claimed that Muhammad (sallallaahu `alaihi wasallam) has betrayed his trust to deliver the message as Allaah says, 'this day have I perfected for you your religion'. And whatsoever was not part of the religion then, is not part of the religion today." [al-I'tisaam]

Abdul Qadir
11-30-2009, 04:12 AM
When we make dua, we start with Bismillah, then Alhamdulillah, then Salawat on Prophet SAW, then we make the dua..some people, instead of just saying Alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alameen, they recite the whole Fatihah..there's nothing wrong in it. In fact, this is good. But to constrict the recitation of Fatihah before supplication only at graves is certainly an invention. Surah fatihah can be used as a Ruqyah..there is hadith. but is there a hadith which states Fatihah is compulsory on supplications for the deceased? if there is, i would be glad to follow...someone please enlighten me on this..

unitedmuslim73
12-28-2009, 06:31 PM

You did not understand my question brother. The raising of hands after prayer for asking dua wiz all jamaat is considered as an innovation since No authentic hadith have yet been found that prophet used to raise his hands wiz all sahaba behind and asking dua. Instead , it was mention that the prophet adviced us to ask dua in sajda since sajda is part of the salaat that make us nearer to Allah. And that the holy prophet had the habit of readin ayatul kursi and the 4th kalimah.

imam bukhari
12-29-2009, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unitedmuslim73
You did not understand my question brother. The raising of hands after prayer for asking dua wiz all jamaat is considered as an innovation since No authentic hadith have yet been found that prophet used to raise his hands wiz all sahaba behind and asking dua. Instead , it was mention that the prophet adviced us to ask dua in sajda since sajda is part of the salaat that make us nearer to Allah. And that the holy prophet had the habit of readin ayatul kursi and the 4th kalimah.
assalaam o alaykum,

dude, tgheres only one kalima, everything else is just what 'people' added in, the kalima 2 b a muslim is one, not 6 or 7 (or whatever the number is nowadays). There is only one kalima.... those other statements (the other 5/6 kalimahs) are just statements, NEVER did the prophet say that these were also kalimahs. all we have is the shahadah.

all the best,

wassalaam o alaykum

imam bukhari
12-29-2009, 03:56 PM
fatiha doesnt benefit the dead in any way... if someone knew the meaning of it (which most of these people who do it, dont) then u woul dknow that is a dua for YOUR OWN SELF for guidence.... what guidence does the dead need?!?! <<Ummmm. . . Oh wow, u got me there>>
lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.