/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Houthis release photos of Saudi phosphorous bombs

سيف الله
11-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Salaam

Houthi fighters in Yemen say Saudi forces have used unconventional weapons in their fight against Shias in northern country.

The fighters said many civilians were killed or injured after Saudi warplanes dropped phosphorous bombs on villages in north.

They have also released pictures of phosphorus bomb attacks by Saudi warplanes.

In a move to protect the civilian population from the raging war in north Yemen, Amnesty International wrote a letter to Saudi Arabia's Defense Minister, Crown Prince Sultan Bin Abd Al-Aziz Al-Saud last week asking whether phosphorus bombs were used in the attacks.
Rest of article here http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=111524

Western perspective
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8360015.stm

What is going on here?! :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
The Saudis feel understandably threatened by rebels so close to their border. However, what the Saudis are doing is wrong.

Sampharo
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Considering that only iranian news site is the source of the story, and we are yet to see those pictures that I even searched for online, I have no comment.

Can't ignore that the title sounds like "Bruglars release photos of landlord defending themselves against armed tresspassing with unlicensed weapon"

The_Prince
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
only Israel benefits from this. :) too bad certain saudi elements have been brainwashed by the propaganda and have gone into this war thinking that by attacking the yemeni rebels their taking out and fight an iranian proxy force, ah yes the lovely game of divide and conquer is on display for all of you to see.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Currently, no proof if Saudi used phosphorous bomb.

afzalaung
11-23-2009, 04:02 PM
*sigh*
whats our rights to bash Israel for using white phosphorus when we ourselves are using it.

Al-Indunisiy
11-23-2009, 04:14 PM
*sigh*
whats our rights to bash Israel for using white phosphorus when we ourselves are using it.
Good point!
Sometimes I feel as if modern muslims often are overtly somewhat self-sympathetic and egocentric.

Though this view of mine may be explained by long-time exposure to islamic media to the point of boredom.

Sampharo
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Additionally phosphorus is only condemned if used in urban areas, which it was used as such by Israel. Even if this story pans out and the pictures are released, (which have been announced but we are yet to see so it's obvious that it's bordering on being another anti-Arab slander by the rebels and their supporting Shia sects) they were used against attacking hordes at the borders of their country... so what?!?

Sensationalism at its best. والله المستعان

ardianto
11-28-2009, 02:46 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Phosphorous bombs are normally not used as a weapon them selves, just as a means to light up an area. they really are not a very effective weapon, when used as a weapon the purpose is to cause confusion and fear. Any damage is generally limited to a small area.
To light up in the night, but in the daylight it becomes a weapon. Not very effective for military target I think, but for civilian target maybe effective.

I saw on my TV when Israeli dropped phosphorous bomb in Gaza, that blown in the air and spread many smoked flames. And I think they used phosphorous bombs because the target was civilians. I saw they dropped those phosphorous bombs from helicopters that fly in static flying for several minutes, and not so high. In that altitude they cannot reached by riffle but can reached by heavy machine guns or small canons. I guess they would not fly like this if the target was considered as dangerous military target.

Okay, back to the topic. I think Houthis needs photos or videos for support their accusation is Saudi used phosphorous bombs.

Woodrow
11-28-2009, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

To light up in the night, but in the daylight it becomes a weapon. Not very effective for military target I think, but for civilian target maybe effective.

I saw on my TV when Israeli dropped phosphorous bomb in Gaza, that blown in the air and spread many smoked flames. And I think they used phosphorous bombs because the target was civilians. I saw they dropped those phosphorous bombs from helicopters that fly in static flying for several minutes, and not so high. In that altitude they cannot reached by riffle but can reached by heavy machine guns or small canons. I guess they would not fly like this if the target was considered as dangerous military target.

Okay, back to the topic. I think Houthis needs photos or videos for support their accusation is Saudi used phosphorous bombs.
That does look like it is being used in Gaza against civilians. Phosphorus used as a weapon would only be effective against unarmed civilians for the reasons you mentioned.

Now for Saudi using it, I agree, show the photographic evidence before accusing.

AbdullahSyed
11-28-2009, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That does look like it is being used in Gaza against civilians. Phosphorus used as a weapon would only be effective against unarmed civilians for the reasons you mentioned.

Now for Saudi using it, I agree, show the photographic evidence before accusing.
Saudi government is evil. They kill their own civilians and use evil torture methods. Why wouldnt they use Phosphorus agiasnt "Shia" rebels? But Yes evidence is required but i have no problem in believing this news.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2009, 04:54 AM
Considering that only iranian news site is the source of the story, and we are yet to see those pictures that I even searched for online, I have no comment.
my thoughts exactly. considering George Galloway's blasting of Saudi policy on PressTV, im not sure why it should be considered so credible :hmm:

nocturnal
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo

Can't ignore that the title sounds like "Bruglars release photos of landlord defending themselves against armed tresspassing with unlicensed weapon"
I had a feeling you'd come up with something like that. The Houthis have no intention of annexing or encroaching upon Saudi territory, you know this very well. They are fleeing indiscriminate bombardment and persecution at the hands of the Yemeni government, and rather than provide humanitarian assistance, and try to broker a ceasefire, the Saudis resort to exacerbating the situation by launching their own aerial attacks against these hapless people.

Sampharo
12-02-2009, 11:11 AM
By the way, WHERE ARE THE PHOSPHOROUS PHOTOS?!

Chuck
12-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Is there a real proof that they have used phosphorous bombs?

ardianto
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Asalamualaikum, uncle Woodrow.

Please check this video. Some people say it was caused by Saudi phosphorous bomb.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh1y2UIFqFg

Is it right ?.

Woodrow
12-03-2009, 07:10 PM

Please check this video. Some people say it was caused by Saudi phosphorous bomb.

Is it right ?.
The high flames are not phosphorus. The small low glowing spots look suspicious but they do not have the heavy white smoke one would expect from phosphorous

Argamemnon
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by afzalaung
*sigh*
I agree, I bet my (Turkish) government also used illegal weapons in northern Iraq against the Kurds. Kurds are seen as animals by fascist Turks. Some are openly calling for a genocide. As much as I despise Israel and would love to fight them (if given the chance), some Muslim states are hardly any better. Also, I remember seeing how Pakistani soldiers beat Taliban suspects. I could barely watch it was really terrible. People are astonishingly similar no matter where you go... and yet, they all claim to be righteous.

Woodrow
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM

Is it right ?.
This is a picture of burning phosphorous I found.

Notice the flame is very bright but not very high and also notice the heavy white smoke which is typical of phophorous.

That is white phosphorous which would be found it phosphorus bombs.

Red phosphorous which is used in matches,fireworks and highway flares produces a similar but higher flame, Which looks like this sporting event illuminated with red phosphorous flares. Again notice the smoke.

:

Woodrow
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
If memory serves me right the topic of this thread is Saudi and the use of phosphorous against Houthis. How in tarnation did we end up talking about apostasy? I do believe that is a different topic.

Now may we return to the topic?

If this thread looks smaller it is because I am deleting the off topic stuff.

Eye-OfThe-Storm
12-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Who cares. Saudi arabia is run by a puppet dictatorship. That land was called Arabia until the British brought to power the saudi royals before they left during colonial times.

Arabia is sitting on the largest oil resources on the planet. If true Muslims were in control of the country since WW2, Arabia would be the richest country on the face of the planet. Instead all its wealth is in banks in New York and London, and in swiss bank accounts of rich bratty families close the the saudi royals.

You think they care about the morality of using phosphorus bombs? They torture imam's who speak out against them in their dungeons.

Controlling this oil by installing and supporting dictators has been the sole objective of the US since WW2. The US state department in 1949 called middle eastern oil the "greatest strategic prize in the history of the world".

The largest oil resource in any country in the world is the heart of Islamic land (Arabia). The second largest oil resources are in a muslim country (iraq). The largest oil resources in Africa are in Muslim countries (Nigeria/Sudan). The largest oil resources in Asia are in a muslim country (Uzbkistan). Even in Palestine/Israel, the recently discovered offshore oil resources in the ocean are directly adjacent to the tiny gaza strip in palestinian terretorial waters. The huge swarths of land Israel controls and their adjacent waters have zero oil discovered so far

If in control of Muslims and not western backed dictators, the Islamic world would be the richest by far in the world today.

SubhanAllah. Sometimes I wonder if the oil given to Muslim countries by Allah was a blessing or a punishment.

Woodrow
12-16-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eye-OfThe-Storm
Who cares. Saudi arabia is run by a puppet dictatorship. That land was called Arabia until the British brought to power the saudi royals before they left during colonial times.

Arabia is sitting on the largest oil resources on the planet. If true Muslims were in control of the country since WW2, Arabia would be the richest country on the face of the planet. Instead all its wealth is in banks in New York and London, and in swiss bank accounts of rich bratty families close the the saudi royals.

You think they care about the morality of using phosphorus bombs? They torture imam's who speak out against them in their dungeons.

Controlling this oil by installing and supporting dictators has been the sole objective of the US since WW2. The US state department in 1949 called middle eastern oil the "greatest strategic prize in the history of the world".

The largest oil resource in any country in the world is the heart of Islamic land (Arabia). The second largest oil resources are in a muslim country (iraq). The largest oil resources in Africa are in Muslim countries (Nigeria/Sudan). The largest oil resources in Asia are in a muslim country (Uzbkistan). Even in Palestine/Israel, the recently discovered offshore oil resources in the ocean are directly adjacent to the tiny gaza strip in palestinian terretorial waters. The huge swarths of land Israel controls and their adjacent waters have zero oil discovered so far

If in control of Muslims and not western backed dictators, the Islamic world would be the richest by far in the world today.

SubhanAllah. Sometimes I wonder if the oil given to Muslim countries by Allah was a blessing or a punishment.
I am just addressing the last sentence. Oil is very much a punishment in my opinion. The oil rich nations have become accustomed to easy wealth and have fallen behind in the development of industry and agriculture. Those oil rich countries are now dependent on imports for basic necessities like food. Saudi for example has to import virtually ever bit of food eaten in the country. Unbelievably they even import sand from Texas to make concrete for construction. The sand found in Saudi is too alkaline (Because of oil) for making concrete. Kuwait even has to import drinking water.

The oil countries did not gain from oil, they became slaves to temporary wealth. Yes, it is temporary. Much of the Western world (the largest users of oil) are fast developing alternatives to petroleum products. Here in the Dakotas E-85 (made from corn) is fast replacing gasoline and bio-diesel fuel (Made from soybeans) is quickly replacing petroleum based diesel fuel.
SEE LINKS:

http://www.usagnet.com/state_headlin...24&tble=SD2009

http://www.tristateneighbor.com/arti...ies/news19.txt

http://acs.confex.com/crops/2009am/w...aper53343.html

The Scandinavian countries have already set deadlines for ending petroleum usage: See Link http://www.econsciousmarket.com/eco-...eco-countries/

While the oil rich countries have plenty of petroleum to sell, the hand writing is on the wall that demand for it will drop making any reserves as useless as they were prior to the gasoline age. Those countries that have not diversified and developed alternative income sources are in for a very difficult economic future.

I mention all of that to simply illustrate that any usage (if proven) of illegal weapons by Saudi may not be oil related or initiated by the USA, it may be a realization that Saudi in the near future is going to need to find agricultural land to feed a population no longer rich from oil and find workers for an economy based on labor, not oil.

Maryan0
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I agree, I bet my (Turkish) government also used illegal weapons in northern Iraq against the Kurds. Kurds are seen as animals by fascist Turks. Some are openly calling for a genocide. As much as I despise Israel and would love to fight them (if given the chance), some Muslim states are hardly any better. Also, I remember seeing how Pakistani soldiers beat Taliban suspects. I could barely watch it was really terrible. People are astonishingly similar no matter where you go... and yet, they all claim to be righteous.
Very true, how we as muslims can complain about non-muslims commiting heinous acts against muslims yet do the very same things to other muslims whether we agree with them or not is astonishing and very hypocritical.
salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.