/* */

PDA

View Full Version : movies

dovelove
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakartu, my dearest brothers and sisters,

I need some advice please about movies, I am wondering which movies are ok to watch, I like action and non pgs, but I thinking these maybe not allowed for me nowadays, so I been watching cartoon movies like ice age and shrek!!! But I am not sure if I should be watching these, I also like fantasy films like hulk and narnia, but am not sure if I should be watching these either.

On another entertainment issue, I am wondering about television on the whole, I try to stick with documentaries, is ok to watch crime ones, they have music in them as does all media and I am thinking is ok to watch them at all. I am allowed entertainment isnt it, what is good entertainment?

I understand that Islam is a easy religion to adhere to, and should not be difficult on me. Please bare in mind that I am not looking for ways to forget my religion as I often thinking of Allah, and do dhikr even when watching tv.

Sorry for the ramble, I could go on but I wont, I leave that for my next post inshAllah :statisfie

I would be interested to hear your feedback please come with references to back up any authentic evidence or advise. cheers me dears JazaakAllahuKhairen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
11-22-2009, 06:16 PM
:sl:when i want to know something such as this i always ask my teacher because people on a forum will give all sorts of different answers so if i were you id get a scholars advice on this one even though there is few good brothers and sisters with alot of knowledge but not all of them don't care that its actually a fatwa they are giving. i myself am addicted to action movies imsad i blame my brothers for it i think from the age of 10 ive seen almost every action movie :hmm: anyway now i just stick to peace t.v
:wa:

mahi
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
There's no point going around telling people to get Scholars advice on everything, if scholars were that easy to come by and talk to for matters like this then I doubt this forum would even be how it is today

cat eyes
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
i dont go around telling everybody to get scholars advice id give support to people but i do not gives fatwa's so if you have not got anything good to say do not post at all :rolleyes:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM
why don't you use your head what if somebody told him it is allowed and others told him its not thats my point that is why i told him to speak with scholar ive seen it alot on this forum people confusing the op because so much non muslims here also advise

Uthman
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
:salamext:

Here is the answer from IslamQA: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/85232/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.