/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Da'wah Toolkit - Christianity

imam bukhari
11-23-2009, 07:36 PM
:sl:

Since dawah is an obligation I thought it good to have a da'wah toolkit here on the forum.

If anyone has any decent stuff, please do help out.

Please remember, this stuff isn't just for us to read and say "oh subhaanAllaah, I never knew the bible said that!", forward it on to your classmates, colleagues, neighbors and everyone you know. As they will grab us on the Day of judgement and say "Oh Allaah ask this one, why he never conveyed the message to me".

We're here on this dunya for a purpose, fulfill that purpose!

Ok enough talking, time to post away, ill go first!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imam bukhari
11-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Similarities Between Islam & Christianity

All Prophets Prayed Doing Sajda.

(Sajda is the act of prostrating oneself to Almighty God by putting ones forehead on the floor – As we Muslims do five times a day).

PROOF:
[Genasis 17:3] “…and Abraham fell on his face and prayed.”
[Numbers 20:6] “…and Moses and Aaron fell on their faces and prayed.”
[Joshua 5:14] “…and Joshua fell on his face and prayed.”

By now, you’re probably thinking “But Jesus never done it” so I show you…

[Matthew 26:39] “…and Jesus fell on his face and prayed.”
[Mark 14:35] “Going a little farther, he (jesus) fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him.”

Jesus gives the Islamic greeting of “Assalaamu ‘alaykum”.

PROOF:
[Luke 24:36] “Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Shalom alaikom (Peace be with you).”

All Praise is due to God Alone, for every bible in the bookshelf comes with the hebrew text aswell on this subject.

Jesus Was Circumcised.

PROOF:
[Luke 2:21] “On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.”

Isaac, son of Abraham (Ishaaq Bin Ibraheem) Was Circumcised.

PROOF:
[Genasis 21:4] “When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him.”

A Woman Should Wear A Hijab.

(The Hijab is a head covering worn to minimise the women’s beautiful attraction, hence lessening the chances of her being molested)

PROOF:
[1 Corinthians 11:5-7] “But any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled brings shame upon her head, for it is one and the same thing as if she had had her head shaved. For if a woman does not have her head veiled, she may as well have her hair cut off. But if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should wear a veil.”

Lowering Your Gaze.

PROOF:
[Matthew 5:27-29] Jesas says “You have heard that it was said to them of old: Thou shalt not commit adultery. But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

Don’t Wear Clothes Of The Opposite Sex.

PROOF:
[Deuteronomy 22:5] “A woman shall not be clothed with man’s apparel, neither shall a man use woman’s apparel: for he that doth these things is abominable before God.”

No Drinking Of Alcohol!

PROOF:
[Proverbs 20:1] “Wine is a luxurious thing, and drunkenness riotous: whosoever is delighted therewith, shall not be wise.”
[Ephesians 5:18] “be not drunk with wine, wherein is luxury.”

Don’t Eat Pigs.

PROOF:
[Deutronomy 14:8] “The swine(pig) also, because it divideth the hoof, but cheweth not the cud, shall be unclean, their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.”

Don’t Make Pictures Of God.

(Unfortunatelly they love making pics of god and putting them up on their huge noticeboards outside the church. Tsk-tsk!)
PROOF:
[Deutronomy 5:7-9] “Thou shalt not have strange gods in my sight. Thou shalt not make to thy self a graven thing, nor the likeness of any things, that are in heaven above, or that are in the earth beneath, or that abide in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt not adore them, and thou shalt not serve them.”

If a Christians is someone who follows the teaching of Jesus Christ, then us Muslims would like to say that we are more Christians than the Christians themselves!

imam bukhari
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
The Bible And Peace

[20:29-30] The Israelites smite 100,000 Syrian soldiers in one day. A wall falls on 27,000 remaining Syrians.

[2KINGS2:23-24] Forty-two children are mauled and killed, presumably according to the will of God, for having jeered at a man of God.

[2KINGS5:27] Elisha curses Gehazi and his descendants forever with leprosy.

[2KINGS 6:29]
“So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.”

[2KINGS 9:30-37] Jehu has Jezebel killed. Her body is trampled by horses. Dogs eat her flesh so that only her skull, feet, and the palms of her hands remain.

[2KINGS 10:7] Jehu has Ahab’s seventy sons beheaded, then sends the heads to their father.

[2KINGS 10:14] Jehu has forty-two of Ahab’s kin killed.

[2KINGS 10:17] “And when he came to Samaria, he slew all that remained to Ahab in Samaria, till he had wiped them out, according to the word of the Lord ….”

[2KINGS 10:19-27]
Jehu uses trickery to massacre the Baal worshippers.

[2KINGS 14:5, 7] Amaziah kills his servants and then 10,000 Edomites.

[2KINGS 15:3-5] Even though he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, the Lord smites Azariah with leprosy for not having removed the “high places.”

[2KINGS 15:16]
Menahem ripped open all the women who were pregnant.

[2KINGS 19:35] An angel of the Lord kills 185,000 men.

[2CHRONICLES 13:17] 500,000 Israelites are slaughtered.

[2CHRONICLES 21:4] Jehoram slays all his brothers.

[PSALMS 144:1] God is praised as the one who trains hands for war and fingers for battle

[ISAIAH 49:26] The Lord will cause the oppressors of the Israelite’s toeat their own flesh and to become drunk on their own blood as with wine.

[EZEKIEL 6:12-13] The Lord says: “… they will fall by the sword, famine and plague. He that is far away will die of the plague, and he that is near will fall by the sword, and he that survives and is spared will die of famine. So will I spend my wrath upon them. And they will know I am the Lord, when the people lie slain among their idols around their altars, on every high hill and on all the mountaintops, under every spreading tree and every leafy oak ….”

[EZEKIEL 9:4-6] The Lord commands: “… slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women ….”

[EZEKIEL 20:26]
In order that he might horrify them, the Lord allowed the Israelites to defile themselves through, amongst other things, the sacrifice of their first-born children.

[EZEKIEL 21:3-4]
The Lord says that he will cut off both the righteous and the wicked that his sword shall go against all flesh.

[EZEKIEL 23:25,47] God is going to slay the sons and daughters of those who were *****s.

[HOSEA 13:16] “They shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.”

[MATTHEW 11:21-24] Jesus curses [the inhabitants of] three cities who were not sufficiently impressed with his great works.

Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting, interesting!

imam bukhari
12-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Is Jesus God?

Jesus always expressed his subordination to his God and Creator.

Examples:

Did Nothing On His Own Authority:

[John 5:30] “I can of my own self do nothing, As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”

[John 14:31] “I do exactly as the Father commanded Me Get up, let us go from here.”

[Matthew 20:23] “”

Spoke Not On His Own Authority:

[John 8:28] “So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.”

Said That The Father Is Greater Than Him:

[John 14:28] “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.”

Was Tempted:

[Matthew 4:1] “Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.”

But God can not be tempted:
[James 1:13] “When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone”

He Denied Knowledge Of The Unseen:

[Mark 13:32]“No-one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”
[Matthew 24:36-38] “No-one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

He Was Circumcised, Imagine, God, Being Circumcised!

[Luke 2:21] “On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.”

Was Subject To Change:

[Luke 2:52] “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature.”
But God is Immutable.

Did Not Accept To Be Called Good And Referred To God:

[Mark 10:18] “Why do you call me good? Jesus answered. No-one is good— except God alone.”

Prayed To God:

[Mark 14:32] “They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.”"

[Luke 5:16] “But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.”

Ordered Everyone To Worship The One True Almighty God Alone:

[Matthew 4:10] “Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”
[Deuteronomy 6:13] “Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.”

Referred To Himself As A Prophet:

[Luke 13:33-34] “In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem! “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you.”

Others Also Called Him A Prophet:

[Luke 7:16] “They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said.”

[Luke 24:17-22] “”About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.”

[John 6:14] “After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”"

Refered To As A Servant Of God:

[Acts 3:13] “The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered”

[Acts 4:27] “For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy (A)servant Jesus.”

God Sent Jesus

[John 17:3] “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”

He Made A Distinction Between Himself And The Father:

[Matthew 23:9] “Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.”

[John 12:26-28] “Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. “Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!”"

Refered To Himself Frequently As Son Of Man

[Matthew 8:20] “Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no-where to lay His head.”"

[Matthew 12:32] “Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.”

[Matthew 12:40] “for just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster (Whale), so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”

[Matthew 17:9] “As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.”"

[John 6:27] “”Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”"

He Is Also Described As ‘A Man Approved By God’

[Acts 2:22] “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man approved by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

More to come...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Greetings and peace be with you imam bukhari;and welcome to the forum.

You have picked out lots of short passages from the Bible, I am not sure how that counts as Da’wah, and you have not given me any reason to consider Islam.

You might want to consider saying how Islam has changed your life, and what makes it right for you. The things I admire about Muslims is the way they pray, fast and dress modestly.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Supreme
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Personally the thing I like about Islam is the obligation of Hajj. Sure, we have pilgrimages to sacred sites in Christianity, but it isn't emphasized nearly as much.

But yeah, this isn't the first time a Muslim has tried to convert me, and no doubt it won't be the last. I just fail to see a reason, other than the Hajj, why I would convert to a religion I personally do not agree with, yet am fascinated by. But if you could convince me, that'd be great. Not by trying to prove Christianity is false, because that I will never accept until I believe Islam is true. So you will have to prove the latter in order to perpetuate the former.

imam bukhari
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
The Holy Bible Describing God In Humanly Forms & Attributes

PROOF:

[Genesis 2:2] “By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.“

[Genesis 3:8-10] “They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Then the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you?” God asked, “Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat fruit from the tree I commanded you not to eat from?” “

[Genesis 6:6] “The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.“

[Exodus 32:14] “And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people“

[Psalm 4:23] “Then the Lord awakened as one out of sleep, and a mighty man that shouts by reason of wine.“

tsk-tsk!

As Muslims we condem likening God to the creation. Almighty God says in the Qur’an:

“(O Muhammad) Say to the people: “He is Allah, The One. The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks. He doesn’t give birth (i.e, He has no son), nor was He given birth to (how can Mary give birth to God?). And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him (there is nothing like him)”.” (Chapter 112, Verses 1-4)

imam bukhari
12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you imam bukhari;and welcome to the forum.

You have picked out lots of short passages from the Bible, I am not sure how that counts as Da’wah, and you have not given me any reason to consider Islam.

You might want to consider saying how Islam has changed your life, and what makes it right for you. The things I admire about Muslims is the way they pray, fast and dress modestly.

Eric
oh wow, christians on the forum! lol, i never knew christians were gonna read this, this method which im using here on this thread is really aimed at muslims (as i thought only muslims were online here) and so i dont/didnt really explain or go into detail about each verse etc. i usually leave that for them to do..... but hey, thanks for reading this.

how islam changed my life? .............................. The best thing i love about islam is that not only does it say 'be good' (like all other religions) but it even SHOWS u how to be good. AllaahuAkbar!!! for example the prophet (peace be upon him) said how to be good, for example he said:

-u shud say thanks to ppl, if u dnt thn u havent thankd god
-ask permission before going into someones property
-tht the best of 2 people is the one who greets first(especialy if these 2 r not talking)
-tht u shud luv 4 others wht u luv 4 urself
-tht u shudnt shout when debating
-tht u shudnt lie
-tht unjustice os darkness on the day of judgement
-tht eating from unlawful money wil take u to hell (for a period)
-MOST IMPORTANTLY tht there is a day of judgement, where God (Allaah) will judge between the people!!! so this helped me to not do unjustice to people.

islam teaches that Allaah has mercy on those who have mercy on others.......................

islam is beautiful,once u establish a strong bond with God(Allaah), it helps u to look in the long term..... if tht mkes sense... ........................also i now have the certainty that there is a paradise and a hellfire. so this alos helps me to be good and do good to the society.

also Allaah says tht He will treat us as we treat others, so this is also a motivation for me to be good and treat others well.

overall, i love islam because of the beautiful ways in which is shows u and motivates u to do good deeds, having the conviction tht in either going to heaven or hell (no other place) motivates me to stay away from sins and evil, and helps in .... well, it helps me in everything really! lol

wow this is gettin glong, i hope i havent bored u.

All the best

Ur bro in islam!

SORRY, BUT I DELETED MOST OF THIS AS I DIDNT FEEL COMFORTABLE IN TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT IT.

BROTHER ERIC PLEASE COULD U DELETE MY QUOTES WHICH I HAVE TAKEN OUT FROM HERE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Eric H
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Greetings and peace be with you imam bukhari;

AllaahuAkbar!!! for example the prophet (peace be upon him) said how to be good, for example he said:

-u shud say thanks to ppl, if u dnt thn u havent thankd god
-ask permission before going into someones property
-tht the best of 2 people is the one who greets first(especialy if these 2 r not talking)
-tht u shud luv 4 others wht u luv 4 urself
-tht u shudnt shout when debating
-tht u shudnt lie
-tht unjustice os darkness on the day of judgement
-tht eating from unlawful money wil take u to hell (for a period)
-MOST IMPORTANTLY tht there is a day of judgement, where God (Allaah) will judge between the people!!! so this helped me to not do unjustice to people.

islam teaches that Allaah has mercy on those who have mercy on others....and bcz i had loads of sins on my shoulder, i NEED gods mercy, so, in a way, i guess u can say, tht my past sins helps me to be mercifull to others..... It heps me (incourages me) to do more good deeds as i need to balance out the bad deeds with good deeds.

islam is beautiful,once u establish a strong bond with God(Allaah), it helps u to look in the long term..... if tht mkes sense... so basiclly now if someone does something wrong to me, its easier for me to forget it and leave it, as also i now have the certainty that there is a paradise and a hellfire. so this alos helps me to be good and do good to the society.

also Allaah says tht He will treat us as we treat others, so this is also a motivation for me to be good and treat others well.

overall, i love islam because of the beautiful ways in which is shows u and motivates u to do good deeds, having the conviction tht in either going to heaven or hell (no other place) motivates me to stay away from sins and evil, and helps in .... well, it helps me in everything really! lol

wow this is gettin glong, i hope i havent bored u.

All the best

Ur bro in islam
I think this is so much more helpful than your first couple of posts on Da'wah.

Eric

imam bukhari
01-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Assalaam o alaykum,

Ok sort of temporarily back again for strictly dawah, no talking on the forum purpose... May Allaah help/protect me.

Bismillaah:

This following post is for muslims (go show to their non-muslims friends, and use when/where needed also for general own knowledge) and also to non-muslims here on this forum... If me christians brothers wana talk, plz dont hesitate...

Who Is The Son Of God?

[Luke 3:38] “the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.”

[Genasis 6:2] “The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.”

[Psalms 2:7] “I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.”

[Genasis 6:4] “The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, as well as later, when the sons of God slept with the daughters of other humans and had children by them. These children were famous long ago.”

[Exodus 4:22] “Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the LORD, “Israel is My son, My firstborn.”

[Jeramiah 31:9] “With weeping they will come, And by supplication I will lead them; I will make them walk by streams of waters, On a straight path in which they will not stumble; For I am a father to Israel, And Ephraim is My firstborn.”" (contradict above verse – how can He have two firstborns)

So its obvious that the term ’son of God’ is metaphorical. It is a title given to a holy one:

[Romans 8:14] “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”

[Matthew 5:9] “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”

This is the problem when people deviate and forget the language the message was revealed in, problems arise.

Once understood, one needs to ask as to why they only single out Jesus as the ’son of God’????

glo
01-14-2010, 01:02 PM
As a Christian I can and have learned much from my Muslim brothers and sisters.

I admire their dedication to pray regularly, their emphasis on fasting and their desire to submit to God's will.
I believe that during my time here in LI my own faith has been strengthened in these areas too. :statisfie

May God continue to protect us and guide us all.

Ramadhan
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Jazakallah khair for these da'wah toolkit.

They are very useful.

imam bukhari
06-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Assalaamu 'alaykum,

just thought I'll bring this post back to front again...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.