/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting on 9th zulhajja??

Huma*
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Assalamalykum,

Recently i came across a hadeeth from hadrath Aisha RA in Sahih Muslim stating prophet pbuh, has never perform a fast in the month of zulhijja. and there is anothr hadeeth from Hafsa RA reported, "There are five things that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) never abandoned: fasting the day of 'Ashurah, fasting the [first] 10 [days of Dhul-Hijjah], fasting 3 days of every month and praying two rak'ah before the dawn prayer."

very confused :embarrass

which one is correct??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
11-24-2009, 11:48 AM
:sl:

I did a little research and this is what I found ...maybe someone can correct me if i misinterpreted it :)

Chapter 41 : FASTING ON THE 10TH OF DHU'L-HIJJA

Book 6, Number 2645:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: I never saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) fasting in the ten days of Dhu'I-Hijja.

Book 6, Number 2646:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) did not observe fast in the ten days of Dhul-Hijja.

source (scroll right to the bottom)
As the topic is titled fasting on the 10th Dhul Hijjah I took this to mean that the Prophet SAW never fasted on the 10th day of Dhul Hijja. and not the 10 days. maybe a misunderstanding.

ill keep researching inshaallah

ardianto
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I did a little research and this is what I found ...maybe someone can correct me if i misinterpreted it :)

As the topic is titled fasting on the 10th Dhul Hijjah I took this to mean that the Prophet SAW never fasted on the 10th day of Dhul Hijja. and not the 10 days. maybe a misunderstanding.

ill keep researching inshaallah
According to sunnah fasting schedule from Indonesian Ministry of Religion, Arafah fasting is on 9 Dhulhijjah.

Sister Rabiya, 10 Dhulhijjah is Eid al Adha, the day when Muslim are prohibited to fasting.

'Abd al-Baari
11-26-2009, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*
Assalamalykum,

Recently i came across a hadeeth from hadrath Aisha RA in Sahih Muslim stating prophet pbuh, has never perform a fast in the month of zulhijja. and there is anothr hadeeth from Hafsa RA reported, "There are five things that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) never abandoned: fasting the day of 'Ashurah, fasting the [first] 10 [days of Dhul-Hijjah], fasting 3 days of every month and praying two rak'ah before the dawn prayer."

very confused :embarrass

which one is correct??
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

With regards to fasting on the 9th Dhil Hijjah; It was reported from Abu Qutaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah. He said, “It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.” Narrated by Muslim.

This (fasting) is mustahabb for those who are not on Hajj. In the case of the one who is on Hajj, it is not Sunnah for him to fast on the Day of ‘Arafaah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not fast on this day in ‘Arafaah. It was narrated that he forbade fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah in ‘Arafaah.

Ibn ‘Abbas reports that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said, “No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these days [meaning the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah].” The companions asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, not even jihad in the way of Allaah?” He said, “Not even jihad, except for the man who puts his life and wealth in danger [for Allaah's sake] and returns with neither of them.”

Wa'Alaykumus Salaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.B
11-26-2009, 09:06 PM

Just wanted to touch on wat brother abd al bari said i found a hadeeth that talks about fasting on 9th of dhul hijja it has been made sahih by sheikh al Albani:

Fasting nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah is mustahabb. This is indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as narrated in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him): “There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah then these ten days – i.e., ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah).” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, not even jihad for the sake of Allaah?” He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah, unless a man goes out himself with his wealth and does not come back with anything (i.e., he expends all his wealth and is martyred).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari,

And it was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah and the day of ‘Ashoora’ and three days of each month – the first Monday and two Thursdays.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad, 21829; Abu Dawood, 2437; classed as da’eef in Nasab al-Raayah, 2/180, but classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

I hope this has helped u.:D

:w:

Huma*
11-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Thanks for all replies.
Jazak Allah khaer!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.