/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to meet a potential PartneR?

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
My parents are not looking for a husband for me and expect me to find my own. They have even said they dont know anybody. So how do i meet someone without falling into the trap of pre-marital relationships?

Please Note:

- I cannot ask other family members
- I do not have siblings
- My friends do not know anyone

Please take into consideration the three above points and please do not question why cant you ask other family members? My family is not close and my parents have forbidden me to talk to them due to historic family dispute.

So how on earth can i meet someone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mariyyah
11-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Sister is not shame what you are asking or looking for and iam very proud of because you are looking for a halal partner as a husband and i wish if any brother here interesting to contact you and marry you inshallah but put also in your mind that marriage is a destiney and when ALLAH SWT will decide the day of you marriage it will be good luck and be patient

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Oh its destiny - so when allah decides it will happen right?

Another question then - Has Allah chosen our partnerS? isnt this the same as wealth? It is decided each of on the 15th night of shabaan but you cant just sit at home thinkin money will fall from the sky - you hav to go out and find a job.

i dont want to join a matrimonial site - as it is haraam and half the guys on there want a relationship - but that is wrong.

i give up imsadimsadimsadimsad

anonymous
11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Your in a difficult situation.

I know of a brother looking for a wife. He is religious. Studying in uni.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-24-2009, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
My parents are not looking for a husband for me and expect me to find my own. They have even said they dont know anybody. So how do i meet someone without falling into the trap of pre-marital relationships?

Please Note:

- I cannot ask other family members
- I do not have siblings
- My friends do not know anyone

Please take into consideration the three above points and please do not question why cant you ask other family members? My family is not close and my parents have forbidden me to talk to them due to historic family dispute.

So how on earth can i meet someone?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister i do sympathise with you and the problem is that in this country at the moment we just don't have enough Islamic marriage bureau's although there are a few across the country that i know of like in Birmingham and London but inshallah things are getting better.

If your from London then i can refer you to the specific place im talking about which sets up marriages.

Otherwise sister you should get the contact details of the Masjids in your area and call them up as they do also set up marriages of local brothers and sisters and it is a good way of finding pious brothers. If you make the effort than Allah will do the rest for you.

In principle, a person in need of anything, including a marriage partner, he
should turn his gaze to Allah Ta'ala and make Du'aa to Him to fulfil his
need. If the etiquettes of making Du'aa are fulfilled, it is hoped that his
Du'aa will be fulfilled. The ettiquettes of making Du'aa are:
a) Be in the state of Tahaarah (Wudhu)
b) Praise and glorify Allah
c) Have faith that Allah Ta'ala is All-Hearing and your Du'aas will be
accepted.
d) Recite Durood upon Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) before and
after making Du'aa

You should engage in Du'aa to Allah Ta'ala as much as possible until your
need is fulfilled. Apart from the above, our pious predecessors have advised
to recite 500 times daily Durood upon Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi
Wasallam). This practice has been proven to be effective in getting a
compatible marriage partner.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 02:20 AM
trust me in the same situation, my parents were actuallly shocked when i said im not going to date before marriage. oh well i put it into Allahs hands

Ummu Sufyaan
11-27-2009, 08:16 AM
:sl:
cant you get the local imam to intervene and talk to your parents. maybe ask him if he can arrange something?

Cabdullahi
11-27-2009, 11:59 AM
im in the same situation hungry 20 year old with a bank account thats minus something...living with my mum in council housing

no car
no job
no money

its bloody tough! :(

Asiyah3
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
May Allah provide all of you a religiously committed potential partner and with whom you are pleased/happy with & me (after (or during) studies).

Sorry I'm not knowledgable to give advice, but I will make du'aa for you, insha'lLah

AnonymousPoster
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Im the original Poster -

i have fallen in the trap of pre-marital relationships - it near enough left me in depression .. but he misled me sayin he will marry me after his studies n i waited and nothing - it broke my heart

i dont know what to do ive repented and now i practice alhumdilliah but i hav no other options available i think im not destined to be with anyone :cry:

Hamza Asadullah
11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Im the original Poster -

i have fallen in the trap of pre-marital relationships - it near enough left me in depression .. but he misled me sayin he will marry me after his studies n i waited and nothing - it broke my heart

i dont know what to do ive repented and now i practice alhumdilliah but i hav no other options available i think im not destined to be with anyone :cry:
My sister one should not lose hope in Allah for it is Shaythan who wants us to give up and lose hope. It is purely by the will of Allah that two peole meet but one does have to make effort and as i have already stated you should approach the local Masjids around your area as they will have a lot of contacts especially of those who are interested in marriage so if you tell me what town your from i can provide you with some numbers of local Masjids that you can call and ask if they have any brothers interested in marriage and trust me sister there are always good and pious brothers out there who are looking for partners so it is just a matter of making the effort to simply ask the right people.

AnonymousPoster
11-30-2009, 12:36 AM
if your suffering from depression i personally believe you will not be ready for marriage until your wounds full heal. Wait until this other man is totally out of your mind and heart trust me. Ive suffered from depression myself and believing that another man will make everything better,it wont sister. Thats what i foolishly believed.

AnonymousPoster
12-04-2009, 03:45 PM
ORIGINAL POSTER

no i said i have suffered depression - im not depressed now and im over it

but no one can asnwer my question can they - how can i meet someone then if i have no means of source.

forget it

dovelove
12-04-2009, 05:28 PM
aww what a bummer it is when no one answers ur question, but hey i will offer u my solution to the same problem, thou it probably aint wat u wanna hear,

u cud ask at ur local masjid providing they know u or just wait until Allah show u the way, patience is long, but inshAllah it will pay off all good.

if u read up about happy long lasting marriage statistics u mite even change ur mind and nope its not easy when u want something and cant hav it, but thats just the way it goes and in all truth though we know it not and cannot understand why things are so hard for us, Allah knows everything. so sit bak, chill out and enjoy the ride its bumpy bumpy :statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
12-05-2009, 08:20 PM
ORIGINAL POSTER

no i said i have suffered depression - im not depressed now and im over it

but no one can asnwer my question can they - how can i meet someone then if i have no means of source.

forget it
Sister if you are not willing to make the effort then how will you find a good and pious man? If you tell me what town your from ill provide numbers of your local masjids of whom you can call and they will help you further inshallah. One has to make an effort not give up hope for that is what shaythan wants you to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.