/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard about Marriage with Quran

sussana
11-24-2009, 01:50 PM
In many backward areas, it has become a tradition to marry girls with Quran.
It obviously is a sinful act...
i was shocked when i came to know about some of the pathetic customs discussed in this article...
http://www.quranreading.com/blog/qur...-act-in-islam/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM
:sl:

That is very sad. Ignorance is a powerful tool of shaytan and cultural obediance becomes more valued than Islam. Shirk can take many forms and worship of cultural heritage may very well be a form of shirk.

Danah
11-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Asteghfirullah !!!! What is this ignorance?
This is the first time I hear about such thing. This is totally wrong act and has nothing to do with Islam!! May Allah save us.

asadsami
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Asteghfirullah !!!! What is this ignorance?
This is the first time I hear about such thing. This is totally wrong act and has nothing to do with Islam!! May Allah save us.
Asalam o alikum brothers and sisters,,, before giving any kind of practice the legitimacy in Islam,,, one have to look for it the authentic sources ie Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh)..... and in my knowledge i dont know of any verse or ahadith which says that women shud be married to Quran!!! does anyone have any references from Quran and Sunnah???? thats the main question!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadsami
Asalam o alikum brothers and sisters,,, before giving any kind of practice the legitimacy in Islam,,, one have to look for it the authentic sources ie Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh)..... and in my knowledge i dont know of any verse or ahadith which says that women shud be married to Quran!!! does anyone have any references from Quran and Sunnah???? thats the main question!!!
^ Nobody said it was allowed.

I once read a book titled 'The Holy Woman' where she was married off to the land that the family owned, although I'm sure they placed the qur'aan where there should have actually been the groom :skeleton: Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

Was a good read though, The Holy Woman by Qaisra Sharaz

Danah
11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadsami
I am not aware of any Hadeeth or verse from Quran allow such act. A Muslim have to read Quran but not as a "marriage" relation!!!

Neither we heard from any prophet's companions nor those who come after them that such thing happened before.

MSalman
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM

it is common practice in our culture among the ignorant rich people. I do not know about other cultures but in our cultures the reason is that the family men do not want their property to be taken by someone else. The whole issue is of inheritance; Allahu A'lam

ardianto
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Please notice this
Reason for Marrying with Qur'an

These sort of marriages are conducted to prevent their share of the land going to them and thus avoid redistribution of land.

Another reason is that poor parents are not able to find perfect match for their daughters so to prevent her for disgrace, they marry her with Qur'an.

Those who are not rich to pay dowry to their daughters find it easy to marry her with Qur'an to keep away from humiliating gossips about them.
Those people marry their daughters with Qur'an because they cannot find another way to solve their problems. They need someone who can guide them find another way that not against Islam. They need help.

So, my brothers and sisters in India, please tell your Ulama to help those people.

Danah
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife

it is common practice in our culture among the ignorant rich people. I do not know about other cultures but in our cultures the reason is that the family men do not want their property to be taken by someone else. The whole issue is of inheritance; Allahu A'lam
you mean about marrying the Quran or the land?? that's really my first time to know its even a common act! Astaghfirullah!

As for the land thing, does the girl obligated to live and work on the land all the time?

MSalman
11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
you mean about marrying the Quran or the land?? that's really my first time to know its even a common act! Astaghfirullah!

As for the land thing, does the girl obligated to live and work on the land all the time?

ukhti, read the post above you. They marry them to the Qur'an so that their land does not go outside of their household. Marrying to the Qur'an does not necessarily mean that the girls are now devoted to reciting, memorizing and studying the Qur'an. It simply means that they cannot be married to a man now, which would mean even if she receives her inheritance it would still remain in the house. It is not very common per say, but it does happen among the ignorant rich people in rural areas. It is a hindu custom so people, who have been not exposed real Islam, are still following this practice just like many other practices in our culture.

The whole problem is based upon inheritance - giving inheritance to women in our culture is such a taboo and men do all sort of things to avoid this - this is common even among Muslims who are educated and aware of Islamic rulings. For this reason, there is so much domestic violence over properties and lands - taking over someone's land and killing over this is very common.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Please notice this

Those people marry their daughters with Qur'an because they cannot find another way to solve their problems. They need someone who can guide them find another way that not against Islam. They need help.

So, my brothers and sisters in India, please tell your Ulama to help those people.
:wa:

akhee, the case of people finding it hard to marry off their daughters so they marry them them to the Qur'an is a rare case - at least I have not heard of a practical example. The issues of dowry is a common problem. Most cases of marrying girls to the Qur'an have to do with inheritance issue which described above. At least, the most common practical examples had to do with this. Allahu A'lam

I do agree with you that scholars in those areas need to help out people and also da'wah is need to be given. however, it is easier to say then done. our culture is a big mess and now it is even worse

let us all make dua'a for khayr, insha'Allah

Danah
11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife

ukhti, read the post above you. They marry them to the Qur'an so that their land does not go outside of their household. Marrying to the Qur'an does not necessarily mean that the girls are now devoted to reciting, memorizing and studying the Qur'an. It simply means that they cannot be married to a man now, which would mean even if she receives her inheritance it would still remain in the house. It is not very common per say, but it does happen among the ignorant rich people in rural areas. It is a hindu custom so people, who have been not exposed real Islam, are still following this practice just like many other practices in our culture.

The whole problem is based upon inheritance - giving inheritance to women in our culture is such a taboo and men do all sort of things to avoid this - this is common even among Muslims who are educated and aware of Islamic rulings. For this reason, there is so much domestic violence over properties and lands - taking over someone's land and killing over this is very common.
:wa:

so its not really a commitment to study Quran or anything.
You said that its a hindu custom, how they do it? Do they place the land only where they should have the groom? or maybe they place the Vedas since its Quran in the case of the muslims there?

MSalman
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
^Allahu A'lam sister. I do not know how they do it. They do all sorts of things: there have been cases where males and females were married to dogs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.