/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Infaq

Abdul Qadir
11-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Assalaamu'Alaikum wr wbr Brothers and Sisters,

What is infaq? there are alot of words "yunfiqoon" mentioned in the Quran. a local mosque imam says infaq is to give a portion of ur money to the mosque people ever month (5% of income) as this is like gutting a fish(it removes all the impure money we earned by waste activities during our work like when we sleep, slack etc etc in office). how true is this? and what is the relationship or difference between Sadaqah, Infaq and Zakat?

Salam..=)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
newBro
11-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Waalaikumussalam Warahmatullah Wabarakatuhu,
Brother Infaq in general means "spending". In the Quran it refers to spending your wealth for the pleasure of Allah(s.w.t.). I don't know the Fiqhi(i.e. technical) relation between Infaq and Zakat, Sadaqah, etc. But in general, Infaq is any kind of spending done for Allah. In the Quran Allah(s.w.t.) has differentiated between Zakat and Infaaq. While Zakat is Farz, any Nafl amount of money that one spends for Allah by giving it to the poor, widows, orphans, Masjid, for preparation of Jihad, etc. comes under Infaq.

If you can understand Urdu, the Dr. Israr Ahmed's lecture about the concept of piety (Naiki ka tasaffur) in Islam is an excellent source of very important deeni knowledge, and it also convers the concept of Infaq (if I remember correctly).
Here's the link:http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

As for specifying 5% of income for masjid and calling it Infaq, then this is very wrong because there is no specification about Infaq. You may give any amount you wish(above the Zakat) to any poor person or orphan or the Masjid, etc. and it will be infaq. As such, Sadaqah is a kind of Infaq.

As for the explanation about "gutting the fish", i have never heard such an explanation, and very much doubt it. Infaq is similar to Nafl Salah, except that its "Nafl Zakat", if you can call it that. The purpose of Nafl Salah is to get near to Allah(s.w.t.) and to increase the weight of your deeds. Infaq serves the same purpose.

Wassalam

Abdul Qadir
11-28-2009, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newBro
Waalaikumussalam Warahmatullah Wabarakatuhu,
Brother Infaq in general means "spending". In the Quran it refers to spending your wealth for the pleasure of Allah(s.w.t.). I don't know the Fiqhi(i.e. technical) relation between Infaq and Zakat, Sadaqah, etc. But in general, Infaq is any kind of spending done for Allah. In the Quran Allah(s.w.t.) has differentiated between Zakat and Infaaq. While Zakat is Farz, any Nafl amount of money that one spends for Allah by giving it to the poor, widows, orphans, Masjid, for preparation of Jihad, etc. comes under Infaq.

If you can understand Urdu, the Dr. Israr Ahmed's lecture about the concept of piety (Naiki ka tasaffur) in Islam is an excellent source of very important deeni knowledge, and it also convers the concept of Infaq (if I remember correctly).
Here's the link:http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

As for specifying 5% of income for masjid and calling it Infaq, then this is very wrong because there is no specification about Infaq. You may give any amount you wish(above the Zakat) to any poor person or orphan or the Masjid, etc. and it will be infaq. As such, Sadaqah is a kind of Infaq.

As for the explanation about "gutting the fish", i have never heard such an explanation, and very much doubt it. Infaq is similar to Nafl Salah, except that its "Nafl Zakat", if you can call it that. The purpose of Nafl Salah is to get near to Allah(s.w.t.) and to increase the weight of your deeds. Infaq serves the same purpose.

Wassalam
Wa'alaikum salam bro,

so if i go to the mosque, and i put some money in the money box, is it considered sadaqah or infaq?

Jazakullahu khair for the reply..=)

ardianto
11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Wa'alaikum salam bro,

so if i go to the mosque, and i put some money in the money box, is it considered sadaqah or infaq?

Jazakullahu khair for the reply..=)
:sl:

Charity to mosque considered as infaq. Charity to poor people usually considered as sadaqah, but it becomes infaq in certain case. In example, if we must pay zakat $100 but we pay $150, the $50 is considered as infaq.

And according to some scholars, sadaqah not always with money or treasure. If we smile to another, that is also considered as sadaqah. Of course, we cannot smile to poor people but let them in hungry.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Qadir
11-29-2009, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Charity to mosque considered as infaq. Charity to poor people usually considered as sadaqah, but it becomes infaq in certain case. In example, if we must pay zakat $100 but we pay $150, the $50 is considered as infaq.

And according to some scholars, sadaqah not always with money or treasure. If we smile to another, that is also considered as sadaqah. Of course, we cannot smile to poor people but let them in hungry.
Jazakumullahu khair to both of u guys...now i have a clearer picture..=)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!