/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duas needed emergency

Ummu Sufyaan
10-27-2009, 07:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

my dear fellow muslims, I need your duas so badly. Pleas make dua for me that Allah may guide me. PLease. I am really desperate, my heart is feels as if at a point of commiting kufr. I posted a thread which was :is doubting kufr' please read it. Please make dua for me,pleas. im feeling like im at a point of losing it, where non one can help me. Pleas make dua for me. I think i m not mentally stable for me, please make dua for me ,please. i am very desperate, please.
:wa:
wa laykum us-Salaam
please dont let yourself be swayed by the shaytaan. it strikingly odd how you fear for yourself kufr, and yet are practically breaking down over the fear that you are a kaafir? does a kaafr worry about his kufr? no. and why is that? because he has no emaan left in him to. do you think un-righteous people worry about this type of stuff? go ask a kaafir this, and he will have no idea what you are talking about becuase he has no belief in Allah to begin with so shaytaan has no use for him anymore. but obviously you have eman left, which is why you are worrying, so dont get distressed so easily and have shytaan toy with your emotions.
do you think this would be happening to you if you were committing sins? no! rather, it is becuase your iman is up to scratch that the shytaan comes and makes you doubt about such things...
calm down get out of the house and do something different. keep yourself as distracted as much as possible whether it is with ibaadah or (permissible) dunya activities.

these feelings as mighty intense and trying :phew, but trust me, stay focused and you'll pull though inshallah and also they may not go away, but over time you learn how to deal with it and it isnt as daunting and scary as it would be the first time...

EDIT: somehow my reply came first post :$

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 08:38 PM

my dear fellow muslims, I need your duas so badly. Pleas make dua for me that Allah may guide me. PLease. I am really desperate, my heart is feels as if at a point of commiting kufr. I posted a thread which was :is doubting kufr' please read it. Please make dua for me,pleas. im feeling like im at a point of losing it, where non one can help me. Pleas make dua for me. I think i m not mentally stable for me, please make dua for me ,please. i am very desperate, please.

Re.TiReD
11-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Wa'alaykum As-Salam

May Allah (swt) protect you from the whisperings of Shaytaan, may He keep you firm in your faith, may He strenghten you and bless you in abundance. Ameen!

P.S. Please dont use this thread to discuss the previous closed one.

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 08:46 PM
please hafsah, i need as much dua as possible, please don't close it. I don't know a scholar, i came to this forum for a reason, i am really desperate

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I am mentally stable anymore, does anyone know a special dua or medicine.
jazkallhghair

cat eyes
11-24-2009, 08:55 PM

:sl: read holy Qur'an go to your mosque talk with somebody there i think you really need help from a pious muslim that can help you face the face. bro/sis i believe your imaan is still there. you don't realise how much it increases my iman when i speak with other sisters.

''Say: Behold what is in the heavens and the earth!(10:101)

''Lo! in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the difference of night and day are tokens of his sovereignty for men of understanding.(3;190)

''will they not regard the camels how they are created?and the heaven how it is raised? and the hills, how they are set up?and the earth how it is spread? (88:17-20)

Re.TiReD
11-24-2009, 08:56 PM
please hafsah, i need as much dua as possible, please don't close it. I don't know a scholar, i came to this forum for a reason, i am really desperate
Don't worry honey I'm not closing it. You're in our du'aas insha'Allah.

If you need to pose a question to a scholar then try: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/islamqapages/4

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: read holy Qur'an go to your mosque talk with somebody there i think you really need help from a pious muslim that can help you face the face. bro/sis i believe your imaan is still there. you don't realise how much it increases my iman when i speak with other sisters.

''Say: Behold what is in the heavens and the earth!(10:101)

''Lo! in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the difference of night and day are tokens of his sovereignty for men of understanding.(3;190)

''will they not regard the camels how they are created?and the heaven how it is raised? and the hills, how they are set up?and the earth how it is spread? (88:17-20)
I can't go to amosque, because i don't know how to explain my problem in arabic. Actually i don't know how to explain it to any one.. I really need you duas.

cat eyes
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
what to you mean you don't know how to explain it in arabic?

Re.TiReD
11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
I can't go to amosque, because i don't know how to explain my problem in arabic. Actually i don't know how to explain it to any one.. I really need you duas.
You need to calm down a little. Go make wudhu and pray some nawaafil insha'Allah. I suggest you do that now, seeking refuge in Allah (swt) all the while. Are you living with family?

cat eyes
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
i will make duaa for you but you really need to talk to a pious educated muslim really then after you go and see somebody you will be thinking i don't know why i was so scared in the first place. look they are not going to judge you only Allah can judge you!

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
yes, i live with my family alhamdullilah. But I can't worry them anymore, this happened before and it worried them a lot. I just have nowhere to go,I pray to Allah that he guides me all day long to a point where that is the only thing that is in my mind. I just need your duas.

Humbler_359
11-24-2009, 09:05 PM
:sl: Hafsah,

Off topic, how they make anonymouse account? do they know password?:exhausted

Confusing, too many people different story.. help me?

Re.TiReD
11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Hafsah,

Off topic, how they make anonymouse account? do they know password?:exhausted

Confusing, too many people different story.. help me?
Wa'alaykum As-Salam

When you are making a post, there's a small box that you check...'post as anonymous', towards the top left...click it insha'Allah and your post will appear in the same way that this sisters has.

'Abd-al Latif
11-24-2009, 09:10 PM
To the person in the Anon account.

I assume that you spend a lot of your time alone. Don't be alone, because the wolf attacks the lone sheep. The wolf here is shaytan and he will do whatever he can in order to misguide you away from the path of Allah, but his promises are false. May the curse and wrath of Allah be upon him.

Allah says that on the day of judgement shaytan - after all of his promises and oaths - will abandon you and run away from you because he merely called you towards himself with false promises but it was you who responded to him. He will confess that Allah called you towards the promise of truth while he himself is a lier. So block out these thoughts and do not respond to him. Allah says:

"And Satan will say when the matter has been decided: 'Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)'"

[14:22]

What exctally are you finding doubtful in your faith? Speak to us and do not keep things in. The Prophet (:saws:) said that the cure to ignorance is asking.

So ask.

Humbler_359
11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
yes, i live with my family alhamdullilah. But I can't worry them anymore, this happened before and it worried them a lot. I just have nowhere to go,I pray to Allah that he guides me all day long to a point where that is the only thing that is in my mind. I just need your duas.
:sl: Sister,

Yes, we can make du'a. It is most important perhaps you have to clean up yourself and follow the right path. I suggest, you can do Istikhara, read Quran frequently and namaz MORE OFTEN EVERYDAY, not short-term emergency solutions for duas only. Also, it is time to REPENT.

You will see the result, be patient, be control and be learn more about Allah. Yes you CAN'T depend on family, anyone that cause worry them alot.

Will make duaa for you.

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i will make duaa for you but you really need to talk to a pious educated muslim really then after you go and see somebody you will be thinking i don't know why i was so scared in the first place. look they are not going to judge you only Allah can judge you!

Dear cateyes, i really don't know a scholar. I live nearby a mosque, but I don't know how to explain my problem to him, I am afraid he'll just ignore me or judge me. Also i can't just go ask without asking my mother, she will worry and she doesn't really understand, i can't expalin to anyone only Allah knows. i am by myself a lot, which makes it worse. It is the only thing i can think about, i ve gotten to a point where I can't think straightly. I know Allah exist otherwise i wouldn't have this problems.

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM

I will follow your advice, is it okay if i read juzz amma. I will try sleep on wudu, which is hard for me, because i lose my wudu quickly. Also, I will try to explain what is wrong with me. I guess I am most of the time by my self, so i think lot since I don't talk alot. This is a major factor in my problem, i think so much to a point where i lost contact of reality, before I started to learn more about my religion, i probably was a hypocrite. Maybe in the past all i used to do is day-dream. this has affected me greatly, i have damaged my brain, to a point where i can't understand reality. I used to day-dream about things that just were impossible! I have damaged my brain, i have lost contact of reality, im most of the time absentminded, my mother has noticed m,y forgetfullness. I think i am beginnging to develop a mental disease. I just want peace in my mind, so that i can have peace in my religion.
jazakallhughir

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2009, 09:35 PM

are there any scholar wbsites that answer you directly?

Alpha Dude
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Something you said in the other thread:
Then one day I watched a video where a prayermat was praying by itself, and I couldn't stop thinking. I saw something that was unnormal,something you don't see every day, then I felt in to the trap of the shaytan, somewhere in the back of my head, I couldn't understand how a prayermat could pray by itself.
I've seen that video. I believe it's nothing but nonsense, most likely faked. Don't pay attention to such stuff. They shouldn't be anything to confirm/deny faith.

I can't go to a phyciatrist, i don't have the resources. I really need your duas.
Sister, what is a psychiatrist going to tell you? Especially if he is non-muslim? The entire foundation of that science is secular, meaning it is founded around the principle that Allah doesn't exist. It doesn't take Islamic beliefs into account. A disbelieving psychiatrist is likely to confuse you further and turn you toward kufr by advising you to completely deny Allah. Regardless, if you feel you must go to a psychiatrist, you should go to a muslim one.

Re: faith. Clear your mind and talk to Allah from your heart. Make lengthy dua for at least 15 minutes ever night, asking Allah to guide you and deliver your heart from confusion and ask to your heart's content anything else you want.

By making dua like this constantly, you gain a relationship with Allah. Don't say empty words during your dua, but try your utmost to "feel" the presence of Allah. Feel as though you are most definitely asking an almighty being and that he is most definitely hearing your every request.

InshaAllah, if you are constant in doing this, then you will feel the belief of Allah in your heart and as a result have less of these whispers.

'Abd-al Latif
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM

I will follow your advice, is it okay if i read juzz amma. I will try sleep on wudu, which is hard for me, because i lose my wudu quickly. Also, I will try to explain what is wrong with me. I guess I am most of the time by my self, so i think lot since I don't talk alot. This is a major factor in my problem, i think so much to a point where i lost contact of reality, before I started to learn more about my religion, i probably was a hypocrite. Maybe in the past all i used to do is day-dream. this has affected me greatly, i have damaged my brain, to a point where i can't understand reality. I used to day-dream about things that just were impossible! I have damaged my brain, i have lost contact of reality, im most of the time absentminded, my mother has noticed m,y forgetfullness. I think i am beginnging to develop a mental disease. I just want peace in my mind, so that i can have peace in my religion.
jazakallhughir
So you daydream about things that you would like to have in your life?

You don't have a mental disease. The problem you are suffering from are the losses or problems you have had in your life. There may have been many things in your past that you wanted to have but these things have passed you by and you still feel grief over them because you were never able to have them. What are these things that bother you?

The reason you forget is because you are so concerned and worried about the things that you think of - whether these things are things from the past such as a person you may have liked, something that you may have wanted - that you become forgetful of the more important matters in life. Depression plays a part in forgetfulness and one of the best remedies for depression is to let things out and speak about them. Don't hold things in because it will eat you up inside. Go outdoors and socialize with people you know, go to the park and play a team sport so you learn how to work and be together with your friends and you'll have things to laugh about. Don't sit idle in a dark lonely room because this will only add to your depression.

What kind of things do you day dream about?

Hamza Asadullah
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, do not worry my brother for this is a sign of imaan and natural.

Having doubts in Allah Almighty is perfectly natural and one should avoid being too concerned about them. In fact, doubts and evil thoughts are a sign of one’s faith.

Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).

Sayyiduna Ibn Abbas (Allah have mercy on him) narrates that a Companion came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “Sometimes I experience such thoughts that I would rather be reduced to charcoal than get them on my lips” (meaning that to speak of these thoughts was worse than burning in fire, m). The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “All praise is to Allah who restricted the devil’s designs to mere evil promptings”. (Sunan Abu Dawud,)

The above two narrations Cleary show that it is not unusual to have these evil thoughts neither is one more sinful or evil due to them. Even some Companions of the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) received these thoughts, as we have seen in the above narrations.

Therefore, one should not be worried on their account or feel sad and deterred, for these thoughts are signs of faith.

Some scholars have explained this by saying that a robber or thief only strikes at a place where he knows that there is wealth or money. He would not break into a place where there is no wealth. Similarly, when the devil (shaytan) whispers and puts these evil thoughts into anyone’s heart, then this shows that this person has the wealth of faith (iman) in his heart. If there was no wealth in that heart, Shaytan would have never entered it, thus one should not worry about these evil thoughts.

No sin on mere thoughts

It should also remember that one is not accountable for the evil thoughts that occur in the mind and heart as long as they remain thoughts.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“Verily Allah forgives my Ummah for the evil thoughts that occur in their hearts until they don’t say it verbally or act upon it”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

Therefore, one does not come out of the fold of Islam due to experiencing these evil thoughts, neither is there any sin., as long as one remains a believer with his heart, mouth and action.

What to do

When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:

1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: “Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.

2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy oneself with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task.

3) One should seek Allah’s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: “Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: “Who created your Lord?” When one experiences this, one should seek Allah’s refuge and stop the matter there”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

And Allah knows best

Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Jazakallahughair

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 10:05 PM
jazakalluhghair, for your answer.

I understand your point of view but I have taking day dreaming to a whole new level. It's the only thing I do, sometimes I dream about being next Allah (swt) asking me questions, other times I think about the Hereafter.Actually that what I mostly think about. I'm afraid I haven't explained myself well. in the past I used to daydream things that weren't based on islam. I don't want anyone of you to judge me,and I know it going to sound weird, but Allah (swt) forgive, i used to daydream about being a complete different person. Sometimes it was about being famous and rich. Sometimes being a charachter in the Harry Potter series, sometimes being another beautiful woman with a rich husband. Anyway, you have no idea how much I have corrupted my mind with these 'imaginetions' as if i was in another world. But Allah (swt) saved me from that,alhamdollilah. This 'day dreaming' has affected me in every aspect in life. I don't know how to socialize, io can't keep aconversation going. It has affected my deen, sometimes I even dream about how i am going to explain my problem her on this forum!! I just don't know how to overcome this problem. Now mainly i daydream about Allah (swt) and the hereafter. I have become forgetfull because of that.
I think I have coruppted my mind.

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I know it sounds absurd, in the past the shaytan used to control me. I was a bad person, all he's whispering is ' give up', 'no use'. I think i have commited kufr, when i was almost asleep,i listened to the voice and gave up. This mornig it got worse, saying it was no use to pray in eid, as it kept wispering 'you're a kafir'. Will Allah (swt) still accept my prayers, are my deeeds just all gone ,destroyed. Please someone advice me.

Snowflake
11-27-2009, 10:42 PM
assalamu 'alaykum anonymous,

I hope you find this beneficial inshaAllah

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/040.html

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I say the shahada every 3 sec., my parents think that i have gone crazy. Can I still pray, do zakat etc. Last night i think i have commited kufr, i was almost asleep, when this voice was telling me to commit kufr, that eternity was not so bad. I woke up this morning with my heart sealed, i didn't feel like praying. my mind isn't stable, I believe in Alllah, am I now a kafir, am I doomed, can I still pray my salat, most imoprtantly, AM I STILL A MUSLIM. I say the shadaha problaly every 3 sec. of this day. Even worse, it happend today in Eid. I still say the shahada, it is the only thing I say, have I gone crazy?

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Anyone? plz.

Alpha Dude
11-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Sister, these are just waswas. Ignore. Just ignore. Involantary thoughts don't mean anything.

AnonymousPoster
11-27-2009, 11:21 PM
I think this is more than wassas, i m not mentally stable anymore. I just want to sleep all day, so that I don't commit kufr.

Snowflake
11-27-2009, 11:48 PM
:sl: Anonymous. Please follow this link and read through each section carefully. Listen to the audios at the end of the page. The information provided will be of use to you inshaAllah. Fi aman Allah.

http://www.missionislam.com/health/quranhealing.html

Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2009, 05:51 AM
I say the shahada every 3 sec., my parents think that i have gone crazy. Can I still pray, do zakat etc. Last night i think i have commited kufr, i was almost asleep, when this voice was telling me to commit kufr, that eternity was not so bad. I woke up this morning with my heart sealed, i didn't feel like praying. my mind isn't stable, I believe in Alllah, am I now a kafir, am I doomed, can I still pray my salat, most imoprtantly, AM I STILL A MUSLIM. I say the shadaha problaly every 3 sec. of this day. Even worse, it happend today in Eid. I still say the shahada, it is the only thing I say, have I gone crazy?
no offense, but yes.
do you know what will happen to you? you will keep walking down this path of wiswaas, until it fatigues you. then, once you are fatigued this is were the shaytaan will really plant his arrows. he will make you think that you have given up on your faith when the reality is that you are still Muslim, only you are being back to a moderate one, as allah has prescribed. and once you have "given up ipon your faith", you wont care about it anymore . you wont care about praying as you will be too fatigued to continue your fight. you wont care about fasting, as you'll be too fatigued to continue. and then when you feel fatigued, then the real disobedience (abandonment of prayer/Islam) will be beautified for you and at that point it'll be easy to turn away from your religion. and then you wont even care about that as you'll be too fatigued to fight it. and this is when shaytaans will "proclaim" his victory.

im not trying to scare you, im trying to make you alarmed at how dangerous this game is. you have to put in 100% effort to move on from this stage in your life, otherwise it'll get the better of you.

this is why islam is a religion of moderation becuase too little isnt good for you, and too much (which is what you are doing) isn't good for you either.

sis, this is in your hands. we can advice you all we want, but it is only up to you to implement it. your mind needs to be fresh so that you can see that this is a type of sickness that needs to be ignored...

just ignore it. try it. really, just ignore it. what are you going to lose? are you being sinful if you ignore it? no. once and twice it'll be hard, no actually, it'll be grueling :phew but once you get yourself into the habit, you'll feel free as a bird.

these problems are sort of related. note how the shiekh has advised the questioner to ignore them, in order to ward off wiswaas.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10271/sahw
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11449

this also may help
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12315

I think this is more than wassas, i m not mentally stable anymore. I just want to sleep all day, so that I don't commit kufr.
nope, trust me, its wiswaas. 100% :D
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/67606/waswaas

AnonymousPoster
11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
no offense, but yes.
do you know what will happen to you? you will keep walking down this path of wiswaas, until it fatigues you. then, once you are fatigued this is were the shaytaan will really plant his arrows. he will make you think that you have given up on your faith when the reality is that you are still Muslim, only you are being back to a moderate one, as allah has prescribed. and once you have "given up ipon your faith", you wont care about it anymore . you wont care about praying as you will be too fatigued to continue your fight. you wont care about fasting, as you'll be too fatigued to continue. and then when you feel fatigued, then the real disobedience (abandonment of prayer/Islam) will be beautified for you and at that point it'll be easy to turn away from your religion. and then you wont even care about that as you'll be too fatigued to fight it. and this is when shaytaans will "proclaim" his victory.

im not trying to scare you, im trying to make you alarmed at how dangerous this game is. you have to put in 100% effort to move on from this stage in your life, otherwise it'll get the better of you.

this is why islam is a religion of moderation becuase too little isnt good for you, and too much (which is what you are doing) isn't good for you either.

sis, this is in your hands. we can advice you all we want, but it is only up to you to implement it. your mind needs to be fresh so that you can see that this is a type of sickness that needs to be ignored...

just ignore it. try it. really, just ignore it. what are you going to lose? are you being sinful if you ignore it? no. once and twice it'll be hard, no actually, it'll be grueling :phew but once you get yourself into the habit, you'll feel free as a bird.

these problems are sort of related. note how the shiekh has advised the questioner to ignore them, in order to ward off wiswaas.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10271/sahw
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11449

this also may help
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12315

nope, trust me, its wiswaas. 100% :D
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/67606/waswaas
That is so true, i feel like im fatigued, actually i feel like giving up. As for ignoring it, will be a very hard thing, it's like the idea is implanted in my head. But can I stop this fatigue,?

Hamza Asadullah
11-28-2009, 11:34 PM
That is so true, i feel like im fatigued, actually i feel like giving up. As for ignoring it, will be a very hard thing, it's like the idea is implanted in my head. But can I stop this fatigue,?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister,

Praise be to Allaah.

Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytaan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him. One of the Sahaabah complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and Allaah took him away from me.

(Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

Proper focus (khushoo’) is the essence of prayer. Prayer without proper focus is like a body without a soul. The following are two of the things that help one to develop the proper focus:

1 – Striving to think about what you are saying and doing, pondering the meanings of the Qur’aan, dhikr and du’aa’s that you are reciting; bearing in mind that you are conversing with Allaah as if you can see Him. For when the worshipper stands to pray, he is speaking to his Lord, and ihsaan means worshipping Allaah as if you are seeing Him, and knowing that even though you cannot see Him, He sees you. Every time a person experiences the sweetness of prayer, he will be more inclined to do it. [?]. This depends of the strength of one's faith – and there are many means of strengthening one’s faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Of the things of your world, women and perfume have been made dear to me, and my joy is in prayer.” According to another hadeeth he said, “Let us relax, O Bilal, with prayer,” and he did not say, Give us a break from it.

2 – Striving to ward off the things that may distract you during prayer, namely thinking about things that are irrelevant or distracting. Waswaas affects each person differently, because waswaas has to do with a person’s level of doubts and desires and the degree to which a person is attached to other things or is fearing other things.

(From Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)

With regard to what you say about the waswaas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswaas that makes you think about Allaah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if an evil whisper from Shaytaan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allaah. Verily, He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Knower”

[Fussilat 41:36]

Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering [?] them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth: “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytaan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kaafir, he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswaas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswaas is pure faith, or that waswaas is a sign of pure faith.

The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to Allaah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan” [al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning]. Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?”

(From Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

The remedy:

1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671).

2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.

If you are faced with this waswaas from the Shaytaan, then fight it and resist it. Know that it can never harm you when you fulfil the duty of fighting and resisting it, and you refuse to be controlled by it. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Allaah will forgive my ummah for any insinuating whispers that may cross their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.” (Agreed upon).

If it is said to you, Do you believe the insinuating whispers you experience? Do you think that they are true? Do you really think that Allaah is like what this waswaas says? You would say, “It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (O Allaah)! This is a great lie” [al-Noor 24:16 – interpretation of the meaning]. You would denounce that in your heart and with your tongue, and be the one who objects to it the most, for it is only whispers and thoughts that cross your mind. It is a trap set by the Shaytaan, who flows through the son of Adam like blood flows, to make you doomed and to confuse you about your religion.

Hence you will find that the Shaytan does not cast doubts or suspicions into your heart about trivial matters. For example, you may hear of the existence of great cities filled with people and buildings in the east and the west, but it would never cross your mind some day to doubt that they exist or to criticize them and say that they are in ruins and unfit for habitation, or that they are uninhabited, and so on. The Shaytaan has nothing to gain by making people doubt about these cities. But he does have a lot to gain by corrupting the believer’s faith, so he strives with his cavalry and his infantry to extinguish the light of knowledge and guidance in his heart and to make him fall into the darkness of doubt and confusion. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us of the appropriate remedy for that, which is to seek refuge with Allaah and put a stop to it. If a person puts a stop to that and continues to worship Allaah, seeking and hoping for (the reward) which is with Allaah, that will stop by Allaah’s leave. So turn away from all the thoughts of this kind that cross your mind. You are worshipping Allaah, calling upon Him and glorifying Him, and if you were to hear anyone ascribing to Allaah the things that are whispered to you (waswaas), you would probably kill him if you could. So the things that are whispered to you are neither real nor true, they are merely imagination and whispers which have no basis.

Our advice may be summed up as follows:

1. Seek refuge with Allaah and give up these thoughts completely, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded.

2. Remember Allaah and control yourself and do not continue to think of these whispers.

3. Occupy yourself with worship and doing good deeds, in obedience to the command of Allaah and seeking to please Him. When you devote yourself completely and seriously to worship, you will forget about these whispers, in sha Allaah.

4. Frequently seek refuge with Allaah and make du’aa’ to free you from these whispers.

It is worth quoting here what Ibn Hajar al-Haythami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said about dealing with waswasah in his book al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah al-Kubra, 1/149. This is what he said:

“He was asked about the problem of waswasah (insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan), and whether there is a remedy for it.

He replied by saying that there is an effective remedy for it, which is to ignore them completely, no matter how frequently they may come to mind. When these whispers are ignored, they do not become established, rather they go away after a short time, as many people have experienced. But for those who pay attention to them and act upon them, they increase until they make him like one who is insane or even worse, as we see among many of those who have suffered from them and paid attention to them and to the devil whose task it is to insinuate these whispers, whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us against when he said, “Beware the whispers with regard to water (i.e., wudoo’) which is caused by a devil called al-Walhaan” – because that causes a person to go to extremes with regard to doing wudoo’, as was explained in Sharh Mishkaat al-Anwaar.

In al-Saheehayn there is a report which supports what has been mentioned above, which is that whoever suffers from waswaas should seek refuge with Allaah and turn away from the waswaas. So think about this effective remedy which was taught by the one who does not speak of his own whims and desires to his ummah, and understand that whoever is deprived of this is deprived of all goodness, because waswasah comes from the Shaytaan, according to scholarly consensus, and the accursed one (the Shaytaan) has no other desire than to make the believers go astray, make them confused, make their life a misery, cause them distress to the extent that they leave Islam without realizing it.

“Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy”

[Faatir 35:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

According to another hadeeth, the one who suffers from waswasah should say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers).” Undoubtedly, whoever thinks of the paths of the Messengers of Allaah, especially our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will find that his path and his law is easy and clear, with no hardship in it.

“… and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever ponders this and believes in it sincerely, the problem of waswasah and listening to the Shaytaan will go away. In the book of Ibn al-Sunni it is narrated via ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), “Whoever suffers from this waswaas, let him say ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)’, three times, and it will go away from him.”

Al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam and others mentioned something similar to the above. They said: the treatment for waswasah is to believe that this is an idea from the Shaytaan and that Iblees is the one who is bringing these thoughts to his mind, and he should strive to fight him. Then he will have the reward of the mujaahid, because he is fighting the enemy of Allaah. If he does that, then the Shaytaan will flee from him. This is what mankind has been tested with from the beginning of time, and Allaah has given him (Iblees) some power over man as a test for him, so that Allaah may show the truth to be true and falsehood to be false, even though the disbelievers may hate that.

In Muslim, hadeeth no. 2203, it is narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.”

This hadeeth proves the point we are making, which is that waswasah can only overpower the one who is ignorant and confused and does not know what’s what. But the one who has knowledge and understanding will the Sunnah and keep away from bid’ah. The worst of the innovators are those who follow waswaas, hence Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated that his shaykh al-Rabee’ – who was the imam of the people of his time – was the fastest of the people in relieving himself and doing wudoo’.

Ibn Hurmuz used to be slow in relieving himself and in doing wudoo’, and he used to say “I have a problem, do not follow my example.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said that one of the scholars thought it was mustahabb for the one who was affected by waswasah with regard to his wudoo or prayer to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, for when the Shaytaan hears dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) he slinks away, and Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is the best of dhikr, and the most effective remedy for warding off waswasah is to remember Allaah a great deal.

1 – You should be certain that this waswaas comes from the shaytaan and is not real. How can you be a kaafir when you pray regularly, read Qur’aan and listen to useful lectures?

2 – You should remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr), so that the shaytaan, who is the source of this waswaas, will go away from you. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “… and He (Allaah) has commanded you to remember Allaah, and the likeness of that is a man who was being pursued swiftly by the enemy, until he reached a strong fortress in which he found protection; similarly a man cannot find protection from the Shaytaan except by remembering Allaah.”

Saheeh al-Tirmidhi (2298).

3 – You know that the way to treat this waswaas is to ignore it, so continue to do that.

4 – You should fill your spare time with things that will benefit you, so that you will not have time to think about this waswaas.

5 – You should pray to Allaah a great deal and turn to Him, and seek refuge with Him. Look for the times when du’aa’s are answered, such as the last third of the night and when prostrating.

We ask Allaah to take away the waswasah that you are suffering and to increase us and you in faith, righteousness and piety.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam QA

Ummu Sufyaan
11-29-2009, 03:41 AM
yes...you begin by ignoring the wiswaas. the rest should follow.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.