/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam iPhone Apps.

Italianguy
11-24-2009, 09:36 PM
This may be old news. But as i was browsing apps on my iPhone for Christianity and came across a couple apps for Muslims.

iIslam
ikaba

and some more just type in Islam or Muslim and loads of apps come up some also tell you how, when and where to pray to(i think its called iQibla?) as well as history and full copys of Qur'an's.

Just thought you may be interested.

God be with you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep. I bought iPray Pro and iQuran Pro for my iPod Touch. I want to buy the full Sihah Sittah set of Hadith but it's so expensive. 60$!! Might as well buy the real thing instead.

Actually, the developers of that App actually contacted us here on IslamicBoard for promotions. Masha'Allah, nice people. I wanted to ask them for a free download of the Hadith books, but I never did...

Fishman
11-24-2009, 09:48 PM
iPhone Apps, especially games, make big bucks. You can earn tens of thousands of quid per day for practically no production cost. The best-selling iPhone game app is just an animation of some Koi in a pond.

Beardo
11-24-2009, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
iPhone Apps, especially games, make big bucks. You can earn tens of thousands of quid per day for practically no production cost. The best-selling iPhone app is just an animation of some Koi in a pond.
I love Tradewinds 2 on the iPod. I also love the X-Plane series... I bought Need for Speed as well, which SUCKS.

yeah... I was addicted to games... =/

Has anyone hacked their iPod? I didn't do it...yet. I did attempt, but it wasn't working properly so I left it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
11-24-2009, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I love Tradewinds 2 on the iPod. I also love the X-Plane series... I bought Need for Speed as well, which SUCKS.

yeah... I was addicted to games... =/

Has anyone hacked their iPod? I didn't do it...yet. I did attempt, but it wasn't working properly so I left it.
How do you hack an iphone?

Danah
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
^ maybe he meant jailbreak it? :?

Italianguy
12-03-2009, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ maybe he meant jailbreak it? :?
Whats jailbreak it?

Danah
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
^jailbreak the ipod is allowing you to download any other third party app that is not approved by apple. but while you are jailbreaking it, you lose the warranty of the device. Many people jailbreak their devices to get free unapproved applications, but personally I don't.

Supreme
01-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Can't you unjailbreak it?

Anyway, hate to bump and old thread, just needed to ask a question:

Mobile Holy Quran is £2.99, so is it worth you? Can you read it with no internet connection? Cheers.

Danah
01-08-2010, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Can't you unjailbreak it?

Anyway, hate to bump and old thread, just needed to ask a question:
Yes you can unjailbreak it again by restore your ipod

Mobile Holy Quran is £2.99, so is it worth you? Can you read it with no internet connection? Cheers.
I have free Quran applications in my ipod so I dont need to buy any.

Salihah
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
How do you hack an iphone?
Easy :) just takes a few minutes...
By the way - there is still no icon of IB ?!

UmmSqueakster
01-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I just did a blog post on my new ipod touch and all the fun apps I've put on it :D

*alQuran - a free Qur’an program with a wide variety of translations and reciters. Only downside (for sunnis at least) is that the reference section is clearly shia is persuasion (subjects include muta, taqiyya, and the immate). But, I’m a big fan, because it has close to a dozen english translations you can download (with a wifi connection), including my recent favorite Ali Unal.
*iQuran Pro - had to pay for this one, but it’s worth it. The recitation is synced with the reading. It will scroll down as it’s playing, so if your arabic isn’t up to snuff (ehm, like mine), you can follow the arabic recitation. It also allows you to download (again with a wifi connection) various reciters, including an arabic/english recitation
*iPray Pro - another pay app. Pretty format, but I can’t yet figure out how to get the adhan to play at the prayer time if I don’t have push/wifi enabled all the time
*iSubha - not that I don’t already have 2 sets of dhikr beads in my purse at all times, now I can record my dhikr on my ipod. Lets you record and track how much you do.
*Divine Names - an app that helps you to memorize the 99 names of Allah (swt), set to one of my favorite nasheeds. You can play through the whole 99 names, listening and reading, or set it to go through a specific set, repeating the name 1 or several times. Spiffy spiffy spiffy.
*iDua - a mini dua book right on your ipod. Read the dua in english, arabic and transliteration. The downside here is that you have to download each recitation of the dua individually. It would be much better if you could download all the sound files in one fell swoop. Also, AbuS says there were some errors in the arabic. inshaAllah we’ll go through it and send them an email with things that they can fix.
*QDu’as - an app to memorize 41 quranic duas.
*QWords - a program to memorize 569 quranic words, that make up 80% of the Qur’an. inshaAllah it will help me to move towards my goal of being able to read (and understand) the Qur’an in arabic.

I also have the lightsaber app, the star wars book app, pet playpent, kitty bubles, ikitty, skee-ball, and tap farm. wo0t!

M..x
01-08-2010, 10:30 PM
What is tha best rate for iPhone atm? Tha latest one, in UK? Preferbally O2?

Supreme
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster
I just did a blog post on my new ipod touch and all the fun apps I've put on it :D

*alQuran - a free Qur’an program with a wide variety of translations and reciters. Only downside (for sunnis at least) is that the reference section is clearly shia is persuasion (subjects include muta, taqiyya, and the immate). But, I’m a big fan, because it has close to a dozen english translations you can download (with a wifi connection), including my recent favorite Ali Unal.
*iQuran Pro - had to pay for this one, but it’s worth it. The recitation is synced with the reading. It will scroll down as it’s playing, so if your arabic isn’t up to snuff (ehm, like mine), you can follow the arabic recitation. It also allows you to download (again with a wifi connection) various reciters, including an arabic/english recitation
*iPray Pro - another pay app. Pretty format, but I can’t yet figure out how to get the adhan to play at the prayer time if I don’t have push/wifi enabled all the time
*iSubha - not that I don’t already have 2 sets of dhikr beads in my purse at all times, now I can record my dhikr on my ipod. Lets you record and track how much you do.
*Divine Names - an app that helps you to memorize the 99 names of Allah (swt), set to one of my favorite nasheeds. You can play through the whole 99 names, listening and reading, or set it to go through a specific set, repeating the name 1 or several times. Spiffy spiffy spiffy.
*iDua - a mini dua book right on your ipod. Read the dua in english, arabic and transliteration. The downside here is that you have to download each recitation of the dua individually. It would be much better if you could download all the sound files in one fell swoop. Also, AbuS says there were some errors in the arabic. inshaAllah we’ll go through it and send them an email with things that they can fix.
*QDu’as - an app to memorize 41 quranic duas.
*QWords - a program to memorize 569 quranic words, that make up 80% of the Qur’an. inshaAllah it will help me to move towards my goal of being able to read (and understand) the Qur’an in arabic.

I also have the lightsaber app, the star wars book app, pet playpent, kitty bubles, ikitty, skee-ball, and tap farm. wo0t!

Thanks for this, could you do one on Mobile Holy Quran?

Ramadhan
01-09-2010, 03:42 AM
I am a Blackberry user and don't own an i phone, but recently I've bought a package of qur'an/hadiths/prayer timers location applications from http://guidedways.com
and they are wonderful. The qur'an is complete with recitations and many translations and tafseer.
They are also available for iPhone so you might want to check them out. They are quite pricey (for me) though, but I think it's worth it.

amaltje
12-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Salaam aleikoem wa rahmatullah,

I just found this application for iphone / ipod touch / ipad, would like to share this!!

iDu’a is an application for iphone/ipod/ipad in order to learn Islamic supplications.
Over 250 supplications are available for everyday situations.
The supplications are based on the well-known du’ as from Hisnul Muslim.

For more information about this app:
http://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/idua/id406815092?mt=8

ma3a salaam,
Amal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.