/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam, I'm new here and a new muslimah

Asiyaah
11-28-2009, 03:51 AM
:sl: and Eid Mubarak, :smile:

I'm a recent convert to Islam, I live in a small Ontario city where I don't know any practicing muslims. Everything I know about Islam I've learned online. I hope to make some friends here, Inshallah. I live a fairly regular western life and am often having a difficult time balancing Islam and my environment. I hope everyone is having a blessed Eid, inshallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-28-2009, 03:54 AM
:sl:

Sis , Welcome to Islam :)

Welcome to the forum . May Allah increases your faith , Ameen.

Insaanah
11-28-2009, 09:51 AM

A very warm welcome to the forum sister, and also to Islam :D

May Allah keep you steadfast and make everything easy for you. Ameen.

Also hope that you are having a great Eid too, and that you are not alone on Eid. Is it your first Eid?

Hope you find the forum beneficial, learn lots, make friends, and have fun!

Ameer Hamza
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
:welcome:

In the Forum and In Islam too!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misz_Muslimah
11-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Wa alaykum salaam sis Zaira,
Hope you have a great stay and Eid Mubarak to you too :D

Asiyaah
11-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Asalam Alikum.

Thank you for the greetings and well wishes everyone :) This is my first Eid :) I'm not alone, but not with any muslims.

May Allah guide us all :)

Cabdullahi
11-28-2009, 07:29 PM
you have to do double the religious activities so that the bad environment and the peer pressure around you don't tip the scales to cause an imbalance that will be detrimental for you

you have to move in silence!!

Asiyaah
11-28-2009, 07:32 PM
I am a little confused right now. When I look at threads in which I have posted a reply my post is not there. When I look my User CP it shows I posted on the topic, but when I look at the thread my post is not there. Is this because I am being censored? I don't think what I wrote was bad? I looked through the proper etiquette form but it confused me lol. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Insaanah
11-28-2009, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
I am a little confused right now. When I look at threads in which I have posted a reply my post is not there. When I look my User CP it shows I posted on the topic, but when I look at the thread my post is not there. Is this because I am being censored? I don't think what I wrote was bad? I looked through the proper etiquette form but it confused me lol. Does anyone have any suggestions?
was it the "is this ur first Eid ul Adha?" thread? If not which one? Some of them do require moderation for replies, not just yours. It'll be nothing personal agaianst you!

Asiyaah
11-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Salam Sister, I posted there and also I posted to the 'Husband' thread regarding the sister is is converting who is married to a non-muslim - as I am in the same situation, and also the forum where the sister started wearing Hijab.

Asiyaah
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
you have to do double the religious activities so that the bad environment and the peer pressure around you don't tip the scales to cause an imbalance that will be detrimental for you

you have to move in silence!!
Salam brother, What do you mean by double religious activities? I just started doing the 5 prayers a day :) - What else would u recommend?

Insaanah
11-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Salam Sister, I posted there and also I posted to the 'Husband' thread regarding the sister is is converting who is married to a non-muslim - as I am in the same situation, and also the forum where the sister started wearing Hijab.
wa alaikum assalaam sis,

OK. Your Eid al Adha reply is there.

The one where the sister asked about her husband, all replies on that thread are moderated before posting. Can take anything from a few hours to upto 48 hours.

The first day wearing hijaab thread is under the Eid al Adha thread, but your replies not there :hmm:. Hmm..try that one again. I'm not sure, but I don't think that one's moderated. if your reply still doesn't show up, then that could mean that it's moderated.

Cabdullahi
11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Salam brother, What do you mean by double religious activities? I just started doing the 5 prayers a day :) - What else would u recommend?
^thats good...you have just reverted so just take baby steps and inshallah it should be alright :)

OurIslamic
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Salam :)

Welcome to Islamic Board.

Salahudeen
11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Welcome my sister, you will find lots of praticing sister's here to make friends with inshallah.

Rabi'ya
11-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam :) See you around. Inshallah ull make lots of new friends and learn lots.

Insaanah
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Asalam Alikum.

Thank you for the greetings and well wishes everyone :) This is my first Eid :) I'm not alone, but not with any muslims.

May Allah guide us all :)
Wa alaikum assalaam sister,

How was the day for you? It must be hard with no Muslims to share it with imsad I hope the people you were with appreciated or understood that it was your day of celebration (if they knew, that is).

But we're all here inshaAllah :statisfie

Ameen to your du'aa. May Allah keep you steadfast on the deen and make things easy for you. Ameen.

Assalaamu alaikum

Muslimah4Eva x
11-29-2009, 01:36 PM
:wa:

:welcome: to Islamic Board
Inshallah you benifit a lot from this blessed deen and make new friends. :D

May allah bless you in abundance, ameen.

Asiyaah
11-29-2009, 02:35 PM

:sl: Everyone :statisfie

Everyone has been so welcoming and encouraging here, MashAllah.

My Eid was good, went out for dinner with my man and his brother - Ate too much food hehe.

I'm working today :( - But the good thing is I work the day shift for the next few weeks so I'm up before sunrise for Fajr. It's been a struggle for me to get myself out of bed in time. Am I correct that Fajr is valid as long as it is before sunrise?

Inshallah I hope everyone is having a great day so far.

Asiyaah
11-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Also quick question, for me to see other people's public profiles do I need to be a full member, which means I need 50 posts first?

Insaanah
11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
:sl: Everyone :statisfie

Everyone has been so welcoming and encouraging here, MashAllah.

My Eid was good, went out for dinner with my man and his brother - Ate too much food hehe.

I'm working today :( - But the good thing is I work the day shift for the next few weeks so I'm up before sunrise for Fajr. It's been a struggle for me to get myself out of bed in time. Am I correct that Fajr is valid as long as it is before sunrise?

Inshallah I hope everyone is having a great day so far.
Wa alaikum assalaam sis,

Glad you had a nice Eid!

Yes, you are correct that your Fajr is valid as long as it's before the sun starts to rise, however it's not liked to delay the prayer habitually too close to sunrise. The prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam used to pray at the beginning of each prayer's time. Ideally we should do the same, but I know that's not always easy for Fajr! As a rough guide upto about half an hour or 20 mins before sunrise is good. If you find that you woke up later, then as long as you pray before the sun starts to rise, your prayer will still be valid.

Allah knows best.

And yes, I think that you'll need to be a full member to see the profiles. And yep, you'll need 50 posts to become a full member.

I hope you're having a great day too :)

Assalaamu alaikum

Fטлку
11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Zaira!
Welcome to the Forum! :statisfie
you'll have a great time! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.