/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hateful anti-Islam propaganda

Only1God
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Dear Muslims,

personally I am still a Christian, I stay still, because I am considering re-version to Islam.
I simply find the ignorance of Muslim culture in the West appalling. People merely judge Islam by what the see on television, not realising that most of this is mere propaganda in support of the US's war on terror.

Recently I have stumbled across a fundamentalist Christian website called link removed.com which is very anti Catholic, yet also very anti Islam as I had to find.
The owner of the website keeps spreading hateful anti Islamic propaganda and uses every tool to blind his followers.
He compares Islam with Catholicism, although his own religion, (protestant Christianity) is a direct result of Catholicism, and he continues to defame every muslim and Islam in general.

In fact he goes so far as to call Islam one of the abominations created by the "***** of babylon".

I really urge every one of you to visit his website and to see for yourself the hatred he is spreading. We must work together in stopping this person.

His name is Eric John Phelps and he can also be contacted via this email address

link removed.com

Please try your best to help stop this madness.

People are outraged if somebody defames Judaism, or even Christianity.
Muslims should therefore work against defamation directed against Islam. It must not become normal or accepted for people to lie about Islam and to stir hatred against muslims!

Once again I urge you to stop this madness.

See it for yourself at vaticanassassins.org, especially in the separate "Islam section".

Contact the owner of the website at link removed.com

his name is Eric John Phelps.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2009, 11:02 AM
may god reward you for your intentions, but it isnt advisable to post such links :hmm:

Only1God
11-28-2009, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
may god reward you for your intentions, but it isnt advisable to post such links :hmm:
Thank you for your reply bro.
What do you suggest instead?

Only1God
11-28-2009, 11:45 AM
My apologies, I only just realised you are a sister. :phew

I hope I did not offend you.

In any case my question remains, what do you suggest instead sister?

This man is spreading some seriously hateful anti Islam & racist propaganda. H

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
11-28-2009, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Only1God
My apologies, I only just realised you are a sister. :phew

I hope I did not offend you.

In any case my question remains, what do you suggest instead sister?

This man is spreading some seriously hateful anti Islam & racist propaganda. H
Don't spread that link on muslim sites for one - it'll just give him more hits and piss more muslims off.

Best thing is to let it die.

P.s; I've seen all the hateful anti-islamic propoganda there is to see and I've dealt with a few of the turds who spew it out (for several years now). To be perfectly honest, it is not worth the time and effort to educate them or tell them what they're doing is wrong etc. It's a complete and utter waste of your time and energy that you could have spent playing x box or in a job. In fact, anything is more productive to society at large than dealing with those trolls. Even farting out loud in public.

Only1God
11-28-2009, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Don't spread that link on muslim sites for one - it'll just give him more hits and piss more muslims off.

Best thing is to let it die.

P.s; I've seen all the hateful anti-islamic propoganda there is to see and I've dealt with a few of the turds who spew it out (for several years now). To be perfectly honest, it is not worth the time and effort to educate them or tell them what they're doing is wrong etc. It's a complete and utter waste of your time and energy that you could have spent playing x box or in a job. In fact, anything is more productive to society at large than dealing with those trolls. Even farting out loud in public.

Very good point actually. Could a moderator please remove the links? Or tell me how I can remove them please!

Thank you

aamirsaab
11-28-2009, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Only1God
Very good point actually. Could a moderator please remove the links? Or tell me how I can remove them please!

Thank you
Done it for ya. Stick around on the forums

Only1God
11-28-2009, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Done it for ya. Stick around on the forums

Thank you. I will just ignore the website in the future, that will probably be best.

Supreme
11-28-2009, 12:39 PM
There's hate filled sites against people of any religion, race, sexuality and nationality. Welcome to reality would be a suitable answer, yes it's grim.

Eliphaz
11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Anyone who uses the internet should do so objectively and we should all try to be vigilant regarding propaganda in all its forms. I have found the best way to discern whether something is blatant propaganda straight away is:

1. If the language is over-emotional and uses a lot of '!'s (as in 'these people are fools!!!')
2. I don't know why but many propaganda websites are poorly made and tend to use a lot of emboldened/capitalised words and bizarre adjectives as in ('this proves such-and-such is absolutely, positively, FALSE!') i.e. relying more text formatting and lots of adjectives to convince or provoke the reader as opposed to the strength of the argument itself
3. Many propaganda websites throw lots of provocative and controversial images at you which have nothing whatsover to do with the actual text
4. Many use red font, in times new roman format, because of 2. and also because red is an 'angry' or 'passionate' colour, therefore making gullible readers more easy to manipulate.

Only1God
11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eliphaz
Anyone who uses the internet should do so objectively and we should all try to be vigilant regarding propaganda in all its forms. I have found the best way to discern whether something is blatant propaganda straight away is:

1. If the language is over-emotional and uses a lot of '!'s (as in 'these people are fools!!!')
2. I don't know why but many propaganda websites are poorly made and tend to use a lot of emboldened/capitalised words and bizarre adjectives as in ('this proves such-and-such is absolutely, positively, FALSE!') i.e. relying more text formatting and lots of adjectives to convince or provoke the reader as opposed to the strength of the argument itself
3. Many propaganda websites throw lots of provocative and controversial images at you which have nothing whatsover to do with the actual text
4. Many use red font, in times new roman format, because of 2. and also because red is an 'angry' or 'passionate' colour, therefore making gullible readers more easy to manipulate.

In this website that I spoke about, the author, and it is usually only 1 author, uses mainly adjectives to stir emotions in his readers.

For instance he would use up to 3-6 adjectives to describe one noun in some of his sentences.
e.g. the jesuit controlled, catholic created, pro-roman fascist, sunni muslims which are being.....

In this fashion. He also hosts a radio show in which he does the same and has numerous videos on youtube!

I guess not mentioning his name might be a good way to limit his propaganda, however we must remind ourselves that there aren't only good people on this planet. Also, people of other paradigms might be much more susceptible to his propaganda which could in the long run harm muslims.

In any case, those are just my views.

Rabi'ya
11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
:sl:

In my opinion there will always be people in he world, whether in real life or online, who spread lies and hate about not only Islam but other ways of life too.

As was mentioned before, it is just best to avoid these sites and spend our effort in more beneficial activities, such as being good Muslim neighbours and actively taking part in our communities. InshAllah the good people will or already have realised that Islam is not a religion of hate, and that is actually quiet "normal". (took my mum a long time to realise this)

Mujahideen92
11-29-2009, 10:34 PM
As somebody said earlier, just let the website die out. We cant take every whackjob on the internet so seriously.

Its exactly what he wants, trolls only want more attention and more hits on his website. Probably for ad revenue.

Mujahideen92
11-29-2009, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

In my opinion there will always be people in he world, whether in real life or online, who spread lies and hate about not only Islam but other ways of life too.

As was mentioned before, it is just best to avoid these sites and spend our effort in more beneficial activities, such as being good Muslim neighbours and actively taking part in our communities. InshAllah the good people will or already have realised that Islam is not a religion of hate, and that is actually quiet "normal". (took my mum a long time to realise this)

Exactly.

Asian man
12-02-2009, 08:32 AM
yeah seriously I see people that say they don't hate Muslims but they say they hate Islam , because they think Islam oppresses women and because they think that the sharia law is extremely barbaric. It seems that people that hate Islam will never know about the truth, they don't even take the time to actually look into Islam.

shockOFthunder
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I used to report them on a gov website for hate speech and defamation but they removed that feature.

They also keep popping up no matter what you try to do.

Just ignore them, they are there for attention. Give them none and they will vanish eventually.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.