/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Growing beard

AnonymousPoster
11-28-2009, 09:46 PM
salaam, I'm growing my beard but I think I look so ugly with it and no woman will want to marry me. I look scary I think. :(

my family said wait till you get married and then grow it but I keep thinking what if I die without a beard and I'm raised upon the day of judgement and my appearance is away from the sunnah.

And it's a fard so I'd be sinning every day if I stayed clean shaven till I got married.

any words of motivation?? lol

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
11-28-2009, 09:59 PM
It's easier to grow the bear than to shave it. Of couse, if you go wylde style like moi, it's the opposite.

Don't grow a scary beard tho; you don't want people confusing you with santa.

Hamza Asadullah
11-28-2009, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salaam, I'm growing my beard but I think I look so ugly with it and no woman will want to marry me. I look scary I think. :(

my family said wait till you get married and then grow it but I keep thinking what if I die without a beard and I'm raised upon the day of judgement and my appearance is away from the sunnah.

And it's a fard so I'd be sinning every day if I stayed clean shaven till I got married.

any words of motivation?? lol
A Muslim who shaves or shortens his beard is like a hermaphrodite, his Imamate near prohibition, his evidence is not valid, he will not have the right to vote or being voted for. Shaving and shortening the beard is the action of non-believers. Imam Ghazzali (RA) says: "Know that the key to total bliss (Saadah) lies in following the Sunnah and in emulating the life of Rasulullah (SallAllâhu Alayhi Wasallam) in ALL that issues from him, and in ALL his doings even if it concerns the manner of his eating, rising, sleeping, and speaking. I do say thisin relation to rituals in worship ONLY because ther is no way neglecting the Sunnah reported of him in such matters - but what I say INCLUDES EVERY ASPECT of his daily life." (Kitab al Arbain Addin, Cairo 1344, p. 89). Furthermore, in the Holy Qur'ân, Allâh told Rasulullah (SallAllâhu Alayhi Wasallam) to say:

"Say: "If ye do love Allâh, Follow me: Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Holy Qur'ân 3:31]

The daily recitation of a band of angels of Allâh is "Holy is the Being who adorned men with beards and women with braids" (Takmela e Bahr al Raiq, Vol. 3, p. 331)

Lastly, Allâh Ta'ala says in the Holy Qur'ân:

"And when the true believers are called to Allâh and His Rasul (SallAllâhu Alayhi Wasallam) [to accept and practice the law and commands of Allâh and His Rasul (SallAllâhu Alayhi Wasallam)] that he may pass judgement upon them, their ONLY reply is 'We hear and obey.' Such men shall surely prosper." [24:51]

THE CALL IS TO GROW A FIST LENGTH BEARD, LET US HEAR AND OBEY TO PROSPER.

The Blessed Beard... Grow it, what's so hard to understand?
(Commentary):

Muslims are overcome with western influence in their lives and it's easy to forget, nay, neglect the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Little do these Muslims realize the magnitude of their actions in imitating Kufaar (see Hadith section). Hopefully the information presented herein will enlighten those. And then there are others who claim that the matters concerning beards is a "little" issue not worthy of mention nor practice. To them I say get off the denial bandwagon, you're a Muslim! Follow the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in all aspects of life, for he was the best of examples. I couldn't tell you how many times I've mistaken a Muslim brother (outside of the Masjid) for a kaafir on account of his clean-shaven, well oiled, face. How can I say "Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!" when I do not know if he is a Muslim. Yet that very brother then wonders why he was ignored! From one brother to another, I say: "Grow a beard, then, since it also promotes Brotherhood in the real world. Stand with your Brothers, be one. We know you are handsome without it (a beard), but who cares? What matters is how Allâh (S.W.T.) sees you. And when you do grow a beard, don't mock the Sunnah, please grow it correctly, i.e. FIST LENGTH. That is the prescribed length and no shorter (see Hadeeth section)..." Peace.

Remember always: It is satan who wants you to shave and it is satan who finds the beard unnattractive because it pleases Allah but Allah finds the beard is most BEAUTIFUL!

To resemble Rasulallah (Pbuh) is to have a beard therefore was Rasulallah(Pbuh) not beautiful? For he was the most beautiful of all creations. It is just the deception of this world that makes the beard look ugly but the reality is the beard is the most beautiful thing on a man! All the Prophets and sahabas who were able to grow beards grew them.

Know that the true pious women who we should search for in order to marry absolutley love the beard and will not marry a man who does not want to grow his beard if he is able to do so. But those women who we should not married are those who do not love the beard for they love the world over the akhirah.

'Say (O. Muhammad) if you wish to love Allah, follow me; Allah will surely love you'. Al-Qur'an.

So grow a beard to please Allah and resemble the best of all creations whom we should all strive to resemble in every aspect of our daily lives in order to be the closest to Allah and please him!

eyeofthestorm
11-28-2009, 10:06 PM
bro, i can assure you, most sisters think the beard is actually an attractive quality. this is just the shaytaan, dont fall into it, its the same tactic he uses for sisters wanting to put on the scarf.
Go for it make our intentions for Allah and Allah only.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
11-28-2009, 10:18 PM
:sl:hummm this sounds familiar :) don't worry its shaytan whispering to you that you look ugly and if any one tells you to shave even if its your family don't listen to them they probably mean well but once you have started growing it with the intention of pleasing Allah you should not shave. its the very same for the woman if she wears her veil to please Allah and then she stops wearing it because she feels ugly..

shes pleasing nobody only shaytan and we don't want to please shaytan do we?.this means that he is controlling u and will continue to control us out through this life because he knows that you are weak and we will listen to his sly whispers and we will act on it straight away just think of the reward you will receive in this dunya for pleasing Allah :) i stopped wearing make up 6months ago i never told anybody, i felt crap for a long time..

i was really insecure going outside and i would walk with my head down and not look people in the eyes because i am extremely shy in case people would make nasty comments then one day i went to get my hair cut i sat there in front of the mirror and she was looking at me like to much and i was getting really paranoid i thought she was thinking bad about me then she eventually opened her mouth and said ''did you know you have really good skin, what make up are you wearing?'' i was not even wearing any make up lol i was very surprised so when people are looking at you brother do not be so quick to believe they are thinking bad...

they are probably thinking wow mashaAllah not many young men are growing beards now and he is doing..he must be really confident and women love confidence in a man. look at brad pitt every body loved him with his beard but jealous reporters were slaging him off and saying whats going on with him but he didn't care.. lol i know you probably don't want to read any more of this painful and boring post so i will just stop here now ;D

i wish you all the best bro :wa:

Somaiyah
11-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Salam,
Actually I wish guys could stop think beard is ugly. Beard isn't ugly on anyone. It's just yourself thinking it, just like every person has negative thoughts about oneself while the next person says it's good on you. Don't worry for not getting married. Everything isn't about the way you look, and if you think of what women like and not then it's very individual. You will see that some like beard and some not. No matter what you do they will always think different. Beard isn't scary, it's amazing. If I was a man I would let it grow. Though you don't have to make it huge and not in any order, it is okej to fix it. You can let it be just a little until you get used to it, then let it grow maybe after marriage or anytime you feel for.
Still I am a woman and I try to advice lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.