/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab Headache.

Donia
11-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Salaamu Alaikum.

Did anybody began having a headache while wearing their hijab when they first started?
Does anybody get headaches now while wearing a hijab?
Any solutions?
JazakAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-29-2009, 06:55 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam.
maybe you put your hijaab too tightly around your head? :)

جوري
11-29-2009, 08:07 AM
indeed wear loosely and always get breathable material .. I really can't emphasize the importance of staying away from synthetics, go back to naturals (there was no polyester or nylon or tencel etc. etc.) during the early days of Islam if it is a reason made in the lab and not from the earth or its denizens I'd stay away from it .. I know natural material costs more but it is worth for your health and hygienic reasons..

and Allah swt knows best

:wa:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes I get em still sometimes...but most probably due to the reasons above...but also cuz i dont eat on time and i got my hijab on at the same time...lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
:sl:it happens with me if my hair is wet after taking shower and i rush to go out and by the time i get home i get a sharp headache i think its because putting on hijab with out drying my hair first but sis don't let shaytan play with you its probably not because of your hijab at all... it could be from a number of things like the change in weather :) :wa:

AlbanianMuslim
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
I did when i first started wearing it, and it wasnt because it was too tight. It was because before then i never wore anything on my head, not even hats. So it takes a bit of time to adjust. no worries!

Somaiyah
11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Salam,
Sometimes I get headache. I have had hijab just 2 months by now so I started in the colder season and outdoors I have normal hijab so that I won't freeze, then when I come indoors I get a headache because it becomes too warm so fast. Otherwise when I get headache it was because I fasten the hijab too tight. Now with khimar I don't use needles so it never becomes too tight again. But more reasons than that for getting headache I don't really know. Otherwise you can change the style you make the hair under the hijab. Sometimes when the hair is too tight or if you make it a ball under it can be too heavy on one spot so it gives you headache. I had to change my style under because of that problem.

Esther462
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I got head ackes when I started to wear the hijab. It got worse when I moved into a mixed shared house and had to wear it all the time in the house as well. Also in my 1st summer I got them too. Now I've got used to it and I don't get them anymore.
My advice it to get beatherbale hijabs and 1's that are not too tite on the head.

cat eyes
11-29-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
Sometimes I get headache. I have had hijab just 2 months by now so I started in the colder season and outdoors I have normal hijab so that I won't freeze, then when I come indoors I get a headache because it becomes too warm so fast. Otherwise when I get headache it was because I fasten the hijab too tight. Now with khimar I don't use needles so it never becomes too tight again. But more reasons than that for getting headache I don't really know. Otherwise you can change the style you make the hair under the hijab. Sometimes when the hair is too tight or if you make it a ball under it can be too heavy on one spot so it gives you headache. I had to change my style under because of that problem.
:sl:yea your right about the actual hair being to tight my hair is very thick so that also causes my headaches when i have it tied up. i get my hijabs from tk max the material is very good quality brand name and you pay less money for it i get most of my modest clothing from there also

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
That happens to me too! When i tie up my hair i get those headaches and for keepin it long periods of time...just a lot of factors.

Salahudeen
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
hmm sister's your brains are too big and clever that's what it is.

It's well known that people with big brains develop pains in their neck due to the fact their brain is soo big and weighs soo much. This condition is known as "big clever brain syndrome" it causes head aches too.

It's not so common in men I believe, but most men get it around 30 and women normally get it around 22-23. due to the fact women surpass men academically and in many other sphere of personal development.

some symptomps of big brain syndrome

*able to read lots with comprehension

*able to spell big words

*never need to refer to a dictionary

*always win in arguments and debates

*you wonder why every 1 in the world is so dum

*You often think to yourself "if only every 1 was as clever as me the world would be such a better place"

as a result of big brain syndrome you develop big feet at some stage in the future this is due to all the extra weight your body is carring in your head compared to the normal individual.

people with this syndrome also have strong neck muscles and are able to lift very heavy things on their necks due to their body adapting throughout the centuries to support the extra weight in their head, it's like X-MEN some people have it some don't. One of the methods of diagnosis for this condition involves the patient doing the weight exercise known as "Barbell squat" if the patient is able to squat with an above average amount of weight it's a sign that the syndrome is existant within that person.

if you do a google search for it I'm sure you'll find plenty of info on it LOL!!

the phenonoma of this syndrome is that even though the individual is carrying all that additional weight in her head, she is still able to have a normal appearance.

People with this syndrome often live normal lives and generally live their entire lives undiagnosed. There is various support groups that offer help to people with this condition, they make you participate with like minded invdividuals in tasks that are desgined to reduce your brain size and ease the pain of headaches such as STANDING ON YOUR HEAD upside down LOL.

please note the above advice should not be taken as a professional diagnosis of big brain syndrome, all readers are encouraged to visit their local gp for a professional assessement.

back to studying for my degree now, yeah some 1 like me is in UNI i can't believe it LOOOL

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Lol it sounded so smart I was starting to think it was real...until I saw spelling errors...:D

Snowflake
11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Squiggle: It's well known that people with big brains develop pains in their neck due to the fact their brain is soo big and weighs soo much.
add to which the weight of the hijab.. no wonder I feel im going to keel over sometimes :p

back to oroginal post.. I get headaches with hijab due to tying it tight. If I don't it'll keep slipping off in public. I wonder if wearing it loose with the risk of a few hairs slipping out is a sin?

Donia
11-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Thank you so much for the responses.

Any idea where I can purchase hijabs made from natural fabric? Should I look for some made from egyptian cotton?
This is all pretty new to me so forgive my ignorance. :embarrass

I really think it may have been the underscarf.

جوري
11-30-2009, 03:59 AM
pls sr.. no need to apologize..
here is one of my favorite sites
http://www.aabuk.com/index.php

you can also for the winter purchase wool.. there is a zillion color here

http://www.nimli.com/detail_110__2016.html

use this
coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY09
and get a Discount of 25% off

:wa:

Donia
11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
JazakAllah for the links.
The first site has some very beautiful clothes.
Those wool wraps look really nice masha'Allah!

Somaiyah
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Salam,
Use khimar. They are comfortable, loose and perfect covering. I started with khimar because of the covering and even if I know I can cover the same good with normal hijab too just pin it the way it can be, I don't want to because it's not the same comfortable.

AnonymousPoster
12-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Salam

You should opt for wearing naturla fibers only...youwill find they are much lighter in weight and easy to wear aloowing air to flow through. Wrapping the hijab too tightly can cause headaches as well as heavy synthetic fabrics.

Try hijabs from Aab www.aabuk.com, they have an amazing collection of really light weight hijabs...

Also, if you wear the cap thing under your hijab, make sure you put it behind your ears as if it is worn over the ears, restricts bloody circulation causing a headache.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.