/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions that need answering please.

Abdul Wahid
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
:sl:

1) I've got a small pocket size Surah Yasin which I want to keep with me because I want to read it whenever I'm not doing nothing. I know that when reading one has to have wudhu. Can I still hold it without wudhu? The same applies to holding the Holy Quran.

2) When doing dua, do I need wudhu?

JazakALLAH-heir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-29-2009, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by W4H1D

1) I've got a small pocket size Surah Yasin which I want to keep with me because I want to read it whenever I'm not doing nothing. I know that when reading one has to have wudhu. Can I still hold it without wudhu? The same applies to holding the Holy Quran.

2) When doing dua, do I need wudhu?

JazakALLAH-heir.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

The Noble Quran is the speech of Allah Ta’ala and is from amongst the salient signs and symbols of Allah Ta’ala. Allah Ta’ala says:

{ ذلك ومن يعظم شعائر الله فإنها من تقوى القلوب (32الحج) }

If one observes the sanctity of the symbols of Allah,

then such things emanate from the piety of the hearts. [22:32]

The Quran should be respected, honoured and revered. Hereunder are some etiquettes of the Quran:

1. Keep the Quran need and tidy.

2. Cover it with fabric cloth.

3. Keep the Quran on a high and clean place.

4. Do not put anything on top of the Quran even if it may be another Islamic book.

5. Do not stretch ones legs towards the Quran.

Allah Ta’ala says in the Noble Quran:

لا يمسه إلا المطهرون (الواقعة 79)

The Quran is not touched except by the purified ones (the angels). 56:79

موطأ مالك - 473 -

حدثنى يحيى عن مالك عن عبد الله بن أبى بكر بن حزم. أن فى الكتاب الذى كتبه رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم- لعمرو بن حزم أن لا يمس القرآن إلا طاهر

Nabi صلى الله عليه و سلم wrote in a letter to Amr ibn Hazm “None should touch the Quran except he who is pure.”

The ruling regarding a Mushaf (textual copy of the entire Quran) is one has to have wuzu in order to touch any part of the Mushaf. If any verse of the Noble Quran is written in anything besides the Mushaf, on a slate for example, then one will only be prohibited from touching that part of the slate on which the verse is inscribed if he does not have wuzu.(Hashia ibn Abideen 1/173)

A digital Quran could not be classified as a Mushaf, as it is a mere electronic storage of the Noble Quran been projected on the screen. Once the verses of the Quran appear on the screen of the digital Quran, it will not be permissible to touch the screen without wuzu. Touching other parts of the device will be permissible. The same ruling would apply for computers and other electronic devices. However, in view our responsibility to show respect to the Quran, to have wuzu when touching the digital Quran is an expression of respect for the Quran.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

So therefore it is permissable for you to read Surah Yaseen as long as you do not touch the book your reading from. However It is far better for you to make the effort to do wudhu as we should all try our best to remain in the state of wudhu all the time and this would also show more respect for the sacred words of Allah.

Insaanah
11-29-2009, 08:23 PM

To answer your second question, you don't need wudhu to make du'aa.

I would also add to the above points that the greatest respect, honour, and reverence that can possibly be given to the Qur'an, is to read it, learn it, understand it, act on it, and disseminate it to others.

I have seen a few Qur'ans kept so high up that it can't be reached, so tightly bound in fabric that it can't be opened and so neat that it's untouched! And the people doing so are convinced that they are giving the Qur'an the utmost respect that way. It's fine if you do read it as well as giving it respect, but sometimes it can just get "lost" on a top shelf.

My one has post its with notes in important places to me.

It's my daily reference book, so has bent page ends from use.

On the face of it it may not sound very respectful, but I think I give it far more of the respect it deserves that way.

Al-manar
11-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Peace

The post of Bro Hamza81 ,viewing one approach to the matter(which may be valid), but there is another approach to the same matter (which I think to be sound)

details here

http://islamworld.net/docs/uh/zara.html

I myself ..touch,read the Quran without tahara,sometimes..

May Allah bless all ameen...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.