/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is to fault here?

جوري
11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I have seen an interesting case yesterday a crime scene type investigation.

The story goes that these two people fell in love while in college, wife law student, husband professor, they got married, had kids, it became too much for her, so she quit and stayed at home, soon they had two more children and the fellow became a full time professor in Va. and she was delegated the task of raising the kids..

Anyhow, things soured between them, she wasn't particularly graceful about it and aired all their dirty laundry to the neighbors to his university etc. They divorced and in spite of a very strong campaign on her part, the husband ended up with custody of the children and she forced to pay him alimony every month.. she moved south tried to get a job, couldn't make ends meet..
although she denies it and claimed that she was in texas at the time, cell phone records (which act like a GPS) and a series of very strange purchases (like wigs, and pistols) not only painted her as the culprit but put her right at the scene of the crime though she tried to have an alibi..

I really would like to know your opinion on this case.. there is no doubt in my mind or anyone else's that she is the murderer .. and I found it kind of disgusting that she maligned her husband and aired his dirty laundry even if he were guilty of said crimes, worst yet leaving her kids to wake up to a dead father and depriving them of a father all together.. thing is what drove her to murder?
pls vote in the poll and leave me your opinion

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm trying to understand, please in a simpler language . sorry my english isn't good.:embarrass:nervous:

I think the wife did it, its her fault, i don't understand how they can blame the goverment nor the husband.

Grofica
11-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I dont know from the sound of it... the court was right to NOT give her custody of the kids.. i mean she sounds a little crazy. but i see blame on both sides... i think the husband should have filed for divorce if he was unhappy...im not saying a divorce is good thing but its better then cheating and murder...

Eliphaz
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Sorry Skye but who was murdered?

EDIT: Oh ok I didn't read the last paragraph.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afzalaung
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Its probably the judiciary's problem. On top of loosing her kids (bearing in mind that she was a full time stay-in mother, hence extremely bonded with the children) , she was being forced to pay alimony, which she could not afford. She's raged with anger, a sore loser.
The situation was perfect to drive her nuts and do cuckoo stunts...like killing the father of her children.

جوري
11-29-2009, 06:39 PM
yes that is how feel too, I don't think a woman should be made to pay alimony even if she makes more than her husband.. I think it must have really driven her to the edge to have lost everything, she claims that she sacrificed her career as a lawyer to raise her family and that she gave that up everything for her selfish husband, then she lost her children, her husband, and forced to work to sustain their life..

you can read the story here:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...ountree/1.html

her kids now live with their uncle.. lost both mother and father... what a strange and very sad story..

May Allah swt save us from such tribulations...

Rabi'ya
11-29-2009, 06:50 PM
:sl:

I feel that without actually being that woman we will never know what drove her to it, if in fact she did do it.

We have very little info and I don't think we should judge her.

Grofica
11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
but people have control over their actions. no one can "make" anyone do anything and if he was a cheat and a bad husband she should have divorsed him. and if she was talking bad about him all the time she new the type of man he was. it was not new news, i could see tempoary insanity if she had no knowledge and then walked in on her husband, but this was premeditiated.

she had to do something bad or been a little crazy for a court not to award a mother custody. i mean unless the mother is unfit, its pretty much a given that she gets the kids. (even in this day and age) i dont know. i dont think she should spend time in hard jail but i do think she needs to serve her time in a mental institution.

جوري
11-29-2009, 07:04 PM
all the evidence points to her, plus she had an affair and ran her family into a $50.000 and filed for bankruptcy, the fact that she printed up lurid details about her husband and sent it to his university and neighbors probably made people sympathize with him more even if he were somehow at fault.. she really deserves punishment, I just wonder if the punishment she received was a fair one, that is all.. I mean I don't think she should have had custody but given her own mishandling of finances, I don't see how she could have paid $850 a month to her husband and kids... I wonder if she didn't have to make this payment if this poor sap would have been alive today..

she made a conscious decision to have an affair, a conscious decision to ruin her husband and a conscious decision to kill him, I don't like the psychological excuses that people give people of oh she was depressed or her husband is abusive, to the last moment she doesn't even want to take responsibility for killing him...

I don't think highly of her obviously but still blame the courts for ruining this family by imposing alimony on her..

Grofica
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
uhmmm i dont know, ok i think i missread ealier but if she was that bitter to spread all the rumors and go through all that to TRY and make her hubby look bad then she was bitter enough to plan this out payment or not...

and if she had enough money for the plane ticket (or driving) and the gun and the wig and everything else... she had enough money to pay 850 a month.

جوري
11-29-2009, 07:21 PM
It is a bit more complicated than that, she was manipulative, she lived off other people, mainly her sister, and got herself a boyfriend to have an alibi, and he did vouch that she was with him at the time of the murder in texas, even though her phone records show that she was in Va.

I feel bad for her husband and children, I think she single handedly ruined every ones life including her own, but something pushed her over the edge.. I don't really know if this sort of thing is preventable, but she was indeed bitter, no argument here.. just for the sake of the other parties, I feel that perhaps the judicial system pushed her.. $850 plus loss of everything (albeit her fault) including her family's $50,000 is just too much..

Grofica
11-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I dont know i dont think anything could have prevented this... i think she was too far gone... NO ONE just wakes up one day and says "humm what shall i do today... pick up grociers, do laundry, buy a wig, fly 1/2 way accross country, buy a gun..." thats something premeditated. she took time to plan which means she was sick. dont get me right i am not defending her but i think she needs a lot more help then just prison.

it is a sad story though. i feel bad for the kids.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.