/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge

Abdul Wahid
11-29-2009, 06:00 PM
:sl:

I lack knowledge in Islam. It's important that I learn more about Islam.

With so many different sects within us Muslims - I don't know where to start.

What I want to know from my felllow brothers and sisters is where shall I start. The key aspects that I want to start learning is:

The Prophet and his family
The Sahabah

JazakALLAH-hier

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by W4H1D

What I want to know from my felllow brothers and sisters is where shall I start. The key aspects that I want to start learning is:

The Sahabah

JazakALLAH-hier

Your desire to learn more about Islam is very praiseworthy, maashaAllah. May Allah increase you in knowledge. Ameen

Forget about the sects, you don't want to go into those. All you want is to follow the way of the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam and his sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), without subtracting anything or innovating anything new.

As far as the prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam goes, I don't know if you have a book called ar-Raheeq al- Makhtoom, which is a biography of the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam. Personally, I really like Muhammad: Man and Prophet, by Adil Salaahi.

As to the sahaabah (May Allah be pleased with them), I'm hoping other forum members might be able to give you some pointers, as well as more learning resources on the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam and his family.

Sorry it's not of much help.

Snowflake
11-29-2009, 10:45 PM
assalamu alaykum,

MashaAllah, may Allah increase you in knowledge and imaan brother. Allah gave us the Holy Quran and the sunnah of the Prophet (saw) to understand and live the deen by. Allah, Exalted be He, has protected the clear Message of al-Quran from corruption and you can read it (with tafseer) without any doubt inshaAllah. Please ask anything that you do not understand here. There are deviant sects who twist the interpretation of ayahs for their own agenda, hence becareful who you ask.

Other reading/viewing material:

1. 'The Fundamentals of Tawheed' Abu Aminah Bilal Philips

2. How to do Salah Prayer (ENGLISH): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xezyl...rom=PL&index=7

3. Life of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s - Yasir Qadhi - 1 (saw): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN7M7lmvbNk

My advice is to place greater emphasis on learning about the Oneness of Allah (Tawheed), and salah. Salah is the first thing a believer will be questioned about on the Day. It is also the means of keeping away from sin, i.e. the key to Jannah. Please remember me in your duaas. JazakAllahu khayr.

:ws:

Hamza Asadullah
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by W4H1D

The Sahabah

JazakALLAH-hier
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my brother welcome and jazakallah for wanting help as it is clear that you have concern with wanting to improve yourself. Firstly you should know that we here are also students of knowledge and we ourselves need to learn much more and learning knowledge should be something that we all undertake until our dying breaths.

Firstly my brother you should aquire basic and knowledge of the foundations of Islam. If our foundations are weak then we will crumble so we need to strengthen our basic knowledge and then build it up from there kind of like a tower.

To start from the basics i have a PDF link of a brilliant book covering ALL the basics of Islam and more. This is the perfect book to start off with and is also very popular.

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/servi...ls.aspx?id=267

Start off slowly my brother there is no point wanting to read too much in one go. Read this book first which will strengthen your basic knowledge of islam and more and will also teach you how to pray salah properly.

If you ever need to know anything else then please don't hesitate to ask me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
start with what is obligatory for you, such as tawheed, wudoo, salaat, then i think you should start with the non-obligatory things.
either that or set up some type of time table where you alternate between the topics you want to study.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
here's something relevant
http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2009...should-i-join/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.