/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Referring in Islam

Samiun
11-30-2009, 02:03 AM
I use to get this 'guilty' feeling if I refer Jesus as Prophet Isa A.S. and God as Allah S.W.T.

Is it a sin by referring like this?

:hmm: I'm confused since day one

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-30-2009, 02:21 AM
:sl:

No brother that isn't a sin to called Isa(as) a Prophet nor God as Allah(Swt). That's waht we're supposed to say.

Why the guilt?

:w:

Ramadhan
11-30-2009, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
I use to get this 'guilty' feeling if I refer Jesus as Prophet Isa A.S. and God as Allah S.W.T.

Is it a sin by referring like this?

:hmm: I'm confused since day one
I am guessing you are an ex christian who reverted to Islam?

Don't put too much attention to your "guilt" feelings.
Part of it is your habit of referring to Jesus and God, but part of it is shaytaan's whisperings who are trying their hardest now to lead you astray again.

One way to solve this problem is by reading Al-Qur'an as often as possible. You will find how prophet Isa a.s. is given such great honors by Allah SWT.
If you are not yet able to read Al Qur'an, maybe you need to take some classes first, but please do try.

Samiun
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I am guessing you are an ex christian who reverted to Islam?

Don't put too much attention to your "guilt" feelings.
Part of it is your habit of referring to Jesus and God, but part of it is shaytaan's whisperings who are trying their hardest now to lead you astray again.

One way to solve this problem is by reading Al-Qur'an as often as possible. You will find how prophet Isa a.s. is given such great honors by Allah SWT.
If you are not yet able to read Al Qur'an, maybe you need to take some classes first, but please do try.
I was born a Muslim but yet this kind of thing still bothers me :(

Yes I do read the Al-Quran each week(4 pages in a week) but I don't understand a single bit. I just read it... I'm almost finish now. A few more pages more and Inshallah I will get 'Khatam'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OurIslamic
11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
I think it's just the apprehension that you feel that someone may get angry at you for saying that Hazrat Isa (A) is a Prophet.

Just keep on doing what you are doing, and you should be fine.

Also, Nabiel brother, if you read Qur'an without understanding it, then it's useless. You should get a Qur'an which has a translation that you can read, but the best thing to do is learn Arabic (if you can, since it's really hard, but still doable.).

Samiun
12-06-2009, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
I think it's just the apprehension that you feel that someone may get angry at you for saying that Hazrat Isa (A) is a Prophet.

Just keep on doing what you are doing, and you should be fine.

Also, Nabiel brother, if you read Qur'an without understanding it, then it's useless. You should get a Qur'an which has a translation that you can read, but the best thing to do is learn Arabic (if you can, since it's really hard, but still doable.).
Good idea, maybe I should start right away!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.