/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal or Haram

peaceandlove
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
:sl:

Just want help from you people , about a situation that i am currently .

Well , i mostly provide services to my clients and recently i met a client you need some services from me , and as per agrement i had provided to my best what he wants , he actually wants from me just to find some companies from him from where he can purchase particualr things.

I find those companies for him but the problem is that he did not like some products and term and services of these companies , (which is obviosly beyond my control) and our agrement was to just find these companies for him , nothing more , if i found those he will pay me if not he will not pay me.I am not responsilble furthur and he will deal by himself with these. My duty was over once i found those companies.

Now, my client has already pay me the funds as agreed, but now i am thinking its halal for me or not to take that money , as the buyer does not get what he needs but if i see my agrement i see its was hala as my duty was just to find companies for him nothing else , and i had given him the work as per agrement.

So should i had to refund him the money , or just ask him if he that he is paying me happily for the time i spend for him . any suggestion ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
12-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Well, with without saying haram or halal, you have done your agreed job. Now that companies are not offering him as per his requirements, its none of your business. As he must be in practice for quite a good time. If there were any such things he would have mentioned it in agreement that he will only pay you if he engages in business with parties you provided.

You can do him a Favour by searching some other companies who are offering as per his requirements.

Muslim Woman
12-01-2009, 08:18 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove

...our agrement was to just find these companies for him , nothing more .....So should i had to refund him the money
If u fulfilled your duty , then I think money is halal for u . Surely it would be nice if u can find him any other company and don't charge ( if possible ) or refund a part of money if he is not satisfied with ur work . But I think it's not a must for u .

If possible , ask ur local Imam. May Allah help you to earn money in
100 % halala way :statisfie

aamirsaab
12-01-2009, 11:42 AM

There's nothing haram about this.

You fulfilled your job by providing a service. If he was unable to maximise his results, it's not your fault - you have done the job you were ''employed'' to do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
peaceandlove
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I had contacted him and offer him complete or partial refund,but he said althuough he is not satisfied what his needs , but he offer me to keep the money for the time i had spent. So its now halal for me or not?

Hamza Asadullah
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove
I had contacted him and offer him complete or partial refund,but he said althuough he is not satisfied what his needs , but he offer me to keep the money for the time i had spent. So its now halal for me or not?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, its good you have concern my brother because it shows you have imaan. It is fine because he has confirmed he wants you to keep the money for the time you spent because you were not to know the finer details of what he was looking for as he should have stated before you spent your time looking for those specific companies.

Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.