/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To All Members & Sprouting/New Forums

Beardo
12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
:sl:

As the administrator of the forum, I've been noticing many new and sprouting forums Masha'Allah. May Allah Ta'ala reward us all for our efforts.

However, I just wanted to make you aware of certain things.

Do not trust anyone that joins your forum! And I say this because I remembered something that had occurred in one of my previous forums (some of you may or may not be familiar with Road to Jannah Forums. It's no longer available).

We had a 16 year old non-Muslim girl pose as a 14 year old Hafidha from Saudi Arabia, whose parents supposedly died. We hadn't suspected a thing until one of the Administrators noticed that her IP addresses were not matching. The sister moderators at that time got on the job and found her Internet profile showing her as a 16 year old from a country in Europe, I can't quite remember which.

Nonetheless, I'd like to forewarn all other forums to beware of certain things. There are all kinds of people on the Internet, and this message should also apply to all Internet users. The Internet has its good and bad sides. Say as little about yourself as possible.

From reading all your introductions, I noticed everyone's purpose in joining this forum is to gain knowledge, Alhamdulilllah. So let's share our knowledge without revealing too much about ourselves.

I've also received controversy in regards to the Private Messaging System. Some say I should remove that, others say I should keep it as is. We have the Private Messaging System in case some of you are interested in exchanging sources or to follow-up on a thread that we closed on the public side. We want to avoid any inter-gender relations on this forum to preserve the sanctity which the founders of this forum have set forth for us, Masha'Allah.

At the end of the day, you all are our members and we want to ensure a secure community not only on these premises, but abroad. Jazakumullahu Khair for participating on our forums. It is an honor to host you all here at IslamicBoard Forum!

:wa:

Rashad Abdullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.